Does anybody else think GTA IV sucked?

Steve-French

What A Rush!!!
@Gold
Reaction score
The driving physics totally fucked up the whole game. I tried playing it several times and I couldn't get passed the fucked up driving camera. It feels like it lagged behind. I played GTA V recently and beat it, so I figured I would give GTA 4 another shot and I still couldn't do it, so I traded it in to Gamestop.

Last edited:
Yeah, GTA4 had alot gameplay problems related to driving and shooting.

I don't think I actually finished 4.. which is the only GTA game, including the original top down ones, that I didn't beat. Too bad since I liked where the story was going.

I got used to the driving. The story and characters sucked me in too much. Just walking around the city and fucking with people gave me so many hours of fun. There was this bridge overhang near Brucie's house, and I would spend so much time nudging people off the edge to a crazy fall with a car.

i loved it at first, but it got progressively bad the more the story continued/shit unlocked. quit just before finishing it.

it was annoying when i couldn't even go from point a to b without getting 3 phone call from some annoying friend wanting to go bowling.

I liked it more than V to be honest. Mainly because of the darker, more mature story to it and that Niko may be my favourite protagonist of all the GTA games (Trevor is my least favourite by far). I was okay with the driving in it too, although that may be due to the way I usually play unhurried in games. I think my typically average driving speed in IV is down in the 27-28 mph range, so yeah, I find it quite easy to control when turtling around the city.

i already have a cousin in real life who i don't care for who wants to hang out, i didn't need a digital one. no thanks on GTA 4.

as wonky as it can be on pc it was one of if not the only games i was comfortable enough using mouse and keyboard for anything driving related due to pretty much that reason.

San Andreas was just a better game.. GTAIV at least had the biggest graphical leap between games, where the gameplay/graphics was extroidanary compared to it’s predecessor... GTA V regressed in that aspect imo.

I LOVE the driving physics in GTA4

This.

GTA IV had incredible driving unlike the arcadey type driving found in almost all other games in the same genre.

I wasn't a fan of the game when it first game out but replayed it years later and loved it.

It’s my least favorite of the GTA games I’ve played. I liked the Niko character though.

I used to think it was one of the worst entries. However, I played it more recently, and I think I've changed my mind. It still has very little to do gameplay wise(drive here, shoot that), but I've done a complete 180 on the physics, and driving mechanics.

Everything in GTA 4 has a real weight to it, which leads to more unpredictable results, when messing around in the world. The driving can be a pain in the ass, however, there is a learning curve involved and a sense of accomplishment when you are able to pull off some crazy driving moves. You really have to learn how to control the car in a more sim like manner, unlike in GTA V, which feels a lot more arcade like. There's always a sense of danger behind the wheel in GTA4, like one bad turn can send you cartwheeling down the freeway. It helps routine drives around the map from getting stale. It's a double edged sword however, because fucking up a simple drive from point A to B can be frustrating, especially when you consider that GTA4 had no mission checkpoints. Yeah, fuck up the escape at the end of "Three Leaf Clover"? Back to the beginning you go.

Anyways, here's one of the few videos I checked out a little while ago, that made me give GTA 4 another chance. Glad I did.

Looking back on it, probably a little bit. The game is so monotonous compared to GTA V. Even the colors in the game were bland. It was quite a fun game though.

Never played the DLC around it, but IV is probably my least favorite of the III-VC-SA-IV chain. The story never grabbed me and I found the conclusion unsatisfying. The gameplay itself was alright, albeit with the crutch of a big graphical leap. I found Nico a good protagonist, but the characters around him didn't do much for me, outside of Brucie. Solid game, but I wouldn't play it again, and I've probably beaten VC and San Andreas 2-3 times each.

Last edited:
I loved it and played the hell out of it. Wasnt perfect but it was damn good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back