Does anyone other than 1 judge think Mayes won 2 rounds?

Wasn't enough. Another 30 seconds and could likely be different discussion but the two or three decent shots Mayes finished with were not enough to overcome the 4.5 mins of being dominated through grappling.

I also thought why Mayes did a little bit at the end he got some back in return, not as much, but when you add in 4.5 minutes of ground and pound with a few damaging uppercuts in there. I don't see how you can give the round to Mayes.

No, but I think there's too much flip-flopping going on.

CONTROL TIME MATTERS!

You can't just have 20 seconds of striking and pretend the rest of the round doesn't matter.

But, given some fans/commentators/media members seem to think one punch is better than 4:50 of control time when it suits them (LOL), I'm not sure this was much different.

Wasn't enough. Another 30 seconds and could likely be different discussion but the two or three decent shots Mayes finished with were not enough to overcome the 4.5 mins of being dominated through grappling.

Being dominated through grappling? Hamdy hugged his legs for dear life for 4.5 minutes with no damage done. One good punch landed is enough to give the round for Mayes in my eyes.

joke-missed.gif

Relax, noob.

I flipped a coin just like the judge did so no one can blame me for it

I'm all for favouring damaging strikes over rasslin with minimum damage, but there's no way Mayes did enough to take the 3rd.

CONTROL TIME MATTERS!

You can't just have 20 seconds of striking and pretend the rest of the round doesn't matter.

But, given some fans/commentators/media members seem to think one punch is better than 4:50 of control time when it suits them (LOL), I'm not sure this was much different.

When will you noobs learn? DAMAGE matters! Control time only matters if nothing else is going on, for example: NO DAMAGE. One good punch to the nose, causing visible damage, is WAY more important than hugging your opponents legs for 4.5 minutes with no damage done. 99% of Sherdoggers know nothing about mma scoring, or mma in general.

Good judge. Mayes almost knocked Hamdy out in the last 30 sec, what did Hamdy do all round? Hug Mayes on the ground with no damage done.

Mayes didn’t almost knock out Hamdy lmao you’re making shit up at this point. Hamdy clearly won the round.

When will you noobs learn? DAMAGE matters! Control time only matters if nothing else is going on, for example: NO DAMAGE. One good punch to the nose, causing visible damage, is WAY more important than hugging your opponents legs for 4.5 minutes with no damage done. 99% of Sherdoggers know nothing about mma scoring, or mma in general.

No, I know that rhetoric, it STILL just boils down to a load of arbitrary nonsense that no one actually bothers with.

You no doubt scored the last round of Mayes-Abdelwahab for Mayes, then? Since he scored EASILY the biggest shots of R3, thus taking the fight?

There's levels to this discussion, and the hypocrisy is deep-rooted.

CONTROL TIME MATTERS!

If that is the case all the time I would be fine. But half the time a take down doing very little for 20 seconds seems to be bigger than 4 minutes striking in a lot of cases. It makes no sense 4.5 minutes of control counts for nothing when he was clearly working, it wasn't just laying on him.

Last edited:
Back