Does anyone remember JDS vs Velasquez I?

thehighking

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Remember when JDS KO'd Cain Velasquez in 1 minute? JDS won by KO in this fight but in the next two fights Cain proved he is the better fighter.
Why are Conor fans acting like Aldo doesn't deserve a rematch? Knocking someone out in 13 seconds is great but then avoiding the rematch? It seems that Mcgregor fans do not want Aldo to have a chance to prove he is the better fighter. I think Mcgregor is aware that Aldo is the biggest threat out there and doesn't want to fight Aldo again because there is a great chance he will lose

so salty.

Let jose enjoy retirement

I remember. FirstFOX was a big deal card. Seemed to lucky of an ending.

If Aldo weren't rage quitting, he'd probably get his rematch. If Conor loses to Alvarez it's back to FW or retirement.

But the difference between those situations is that Cain had a style that he didn't utilize in the first fight, but everyone had seen, that was a definite threat to JDS (as we saw in the next 2 fights). Aldo, as great as he is, doesn't initiate ground fighting very often and Conor has looked better standing the past few years than Aldo has.

I personally would love seeing the rematch, but not because JDS caught Cain.

Oh I remember it alright.

mma_e_dos_santos_b1_300.jpg

Happy fucking days.

the comparison has been brought up a million times.

I'm not saying it's not valid but it's definitely not new.

Aldo does deserve a rematch and can still prove he's a better fighter but you can't erase history. What Conor did was amazing and what Junior did was amazing

I do..

<2>

I was super disappointed he was very hesitant and didn't engage or went after it just moving around for what 64 seconds ? and BAM that JDS trademark hit and fallowed up with more shots for a TKO loss.

Remember when JDS KO'd Cain Velasquez in 1 minute? JDS won by KO in this fight but in the next two fights Cain proved he is the better fighter.
Why are Conor fans acting like Aldo doesn't deserve a rematch? Knocking someone out in 13 seconds is great but then avoiding the rematch? It seems that Mcgregor fans do not want Aldo to have a chance to prove he is the better fighter. I think Mcgregor is aware that Aldo is the biggest threat out there and doesn't want to fight Aldo again because there is a great chance he will lose
I do. I bet $2000 on Cain Velasquez. $500 straight on Velasquez, and $1500 on Velasquez by knockout.

Fucking horrible night.

Some of the bets. Seemed like the easiest money ever, since it was clear the first fight was a fluke, and there was no way this was going to a decision.

cain.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah. I remember watching I think it was a two hour broadcast for 60 seconds of fighting loll. And JDS with the flames.

I think if Cain and JDS fought 10 times, Junior potentially wins 2 or 3 in the same fashion. Especially back then.. He was just a beast in the first round

I knew this was going to be a McGregor thread. :p

Although both fights were similar I feel like it's a harder feat to accomplish at featherweight versus heavyweight where anyone can knock anyone out with a single punch. I guess that could happen under right conditions at featherweight as well but that's some Ronda talk.

Of course we remember that fight.

Aldo isn't even close to being his biggest threat. McGregor is simply the better striker and Aldo won't try to take him down. Somebody who is a great takedown artist and has good striking poses much more problems for McGregor.

Back