Does anyone skateboard?

Not sure whether there's a term for this but I've long called it the skater's eye; this very phenomenon of how skaters view their surroundings.

Just like what Margera and now Sheckler saw in above support structure, a mundane reduction of civil engineering to 99% of passers-by is a parallel universe to skaters.

That's not a place in the carpark to return your shopping cart; it's a manny pad plus embankment with potential to summon your inner Daewon Song for a killer line. That three-stair with flowered median isn't three stairs to your office; it's a gap plus ledge to throw all the tricks in your toolbag down. A kerb isn't a kerb. A bench isn't a bench. Plaza pottery isn't pottery. And so on.

Skater's eye bless.

Ha yeah, no matter where I am at, my eye always catches a nice skate spot, a nice set of stairs, a nice rail, etc. lol! Even in to my 40's, everywhere I look I still see those things like you.

I had one in my early teens and I liked it but I was way more into basketball & baseball

This is a pretty stupid attitude to have and part of the reason most people over 30 are out of shape with age catching up to them more and more.

Let me explain.

NO: if they have Peter-Pan syndrome, dead beat dads, not taking responsibility in life, or want a trip to the hospital because of impaired balanced the accompanies male pattern balding
YES: if they are trying to bond with their kids, improve their health, not a mid life crisis or shirking social responsibility as an adult

i skate a bit with my 13 year old son. sometimes in local skate parks, local schools and we have a mini ramp at home

Let me explain.

NO: if they have Peter-Pan syndrome, dead beat dads, not taking responsibility in life, or want a trip to the hospital because of impaired balanced the accompanies male pattern balding
YES: if they are trying to bond with their kids, improve their health, not a mid life crisis or shirking social responsibility as an adult

I get it. I've started skating again when the kids are out in the driveway, but I'd have a hard time skating actual street spots now at age 41 dealing with getting kicked out. I can't imagine some 20-30 year old cop coming up with lights on telling me that I'm on private property or some store owner chasing me off lol.

I'm a big advocate of people doing things they loved as kids or teens, especially physical activities. I coach multiple sports. It's amazing how many 30+ year old people can't get into a catcher's squat, throw a ball, run a full court basketball game, run a 5k, etc. Honestly, it's worse IMO on the women's side. I think more people need to get into recreational sports leagues, cruise around a skatepark, jump rope, etc.

i skate a bit with my 13 year old son. sometimes in local skate parks, local schools and we have a mini ramp at home
Quarter pipe or full mini ramp?

Man, I’ve always wanted to build a mellow 4 or 5 foot mini ramp to skate whenever. Hopefully I can get it done next time I own a house.

Let me explain.

Oh come on. You can skate because it’s fun. Period, full stop.

You can also shirk your social responsibilities literally anytime you want, that’s the beauty of being an adult.

Johnny giger landing something called a Bull flip, plus all the tricks he had to learn and combine to be able to land it. It's an insane trick.

It's a nollie backside gazelle 720 hard backfoot underflip. Lol

Last edited:
I'll nollie hardflip to crooks on your taint any day of the week.

Any of you ever appreciate Ricky Oyola?

Man, never skated with him but I've rarely seen a skater whose style and very DNA were such an extension of their environment. Left-out blockades and poles of roadworks, walls, glass installations, truly whatever. Ricky tore it up like a ballerina of violence.

Stevie Williams actually had this beautiful quote about east-coast USA skating where he says something akin to: When I'm skating through the city, I am the city. Always loved that. Skaters were made different in Philly, USA.
Yeah, Ricky ripped. His parts in Eastern Exposure III and Sub Zero were so good. I loved the way he skated the whole city. So raw. His style and trick selection were great. Him and Matt Reason rode those big wheels, too. I still have those videos on VHS.

Any of you ever appreciate Ricky Oyola?

Man, never skated with him but I've rarely seen a skater whose style and very DNA were such an extension of their environment. Left-out blockades and poles of roadworks, walls, glass installations, truly whatever. Ricky tore it up like a ballerina of violence.

Stevie Williams actually had this beautiful quote about east-coast USA skating where he says something akin to: When I'm skating through the city, I am the city. Always loved that. Skaters were made different in Philly, USA.
I used to have his shoes

Attachments

• jimmenscer01.jpg
    jimmenscer01.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 0
Here ?

Shiiiiiiiiiet, the average Sherdogger can barely wobble his way to the fridge and back.

Dafuq you talking ‘bout, Willis ?

Back