Does anyone still think that Mcgregor would beat GSP?

Can Conor beat GSP?

• Total voters
Possible.

I was underwhelmed by George's gas tank and top control. At 170 he'll probably have better cardio but even worse top control because of losing weight. However this fight is too unpredictable. We have to see GSP at 170 after this fight and a healthy Conor at 170 against a wrestler.

I wouldn't bet on that fight. Standing Conor torches him up definetely but we have too low sample for a healthy Conor's TDD and ground game. Especialy against a similar sized or bigger opponent.

Yeah....so close and unpredictable! How do you call Nate Diaz vs St. Pierre ? That too close to call also ?

Conor would have a puncher's chance at best. That's all he ever has in any of his fights tbh. He's done well considering his limited skill set to be fair.

Depends if Conor can hurt GSP with the first few lefts he throws, if not, he's not getting up when GSP takes him down.

Conor has plenty of muscle

3B9DC6E800000578-4064048-image-a-4_1482594540170.jpg

100% garaun fuckin teed You've spilled more seed than a farmer with advanced Parkinson's to this pic.

No way Jose.

Conor would be greased lightning in there. Tagging Georges at will with the left.

Conor MW champ 2018. What a time to be alive.
Ohhhh man <Lmaoo> I hope it happens just for the sheer salt it would invoke. Beating Aldo invoked more salt than anything in MMA history, but KTFO GSP at 85 would just be amazing. Sherdog has turned onto a haven for obsessed Conor haters, who are in such denial and delusion that simply saying Conor is a good fighter or that he did well vs May will get you labeled a 'Contard'.

I still do not see how the fight happens, when Conor struggles to make 168 and GSP was weighing over 200. But, if the fight happens at 155 (which GSP said he could make easily), I actually got Conor, especially as GSP has slowed down so much and was getting wobbled so much. Cutting to 55 would seriously deteriorate his ability to absob a strike as well, paired with ''efficient Conor's'' excellent TDD and the fact Conor has a granite chin, as evidenced by Money fight. Going down in weight, especially when older, can often be more trying than going up, like how BJ was a LW GOAT and cant find a win at FW, or Patrick Cote was a title contender at MW, had a great fight with Tito even, but was getting dusted at WW by seemingly mid tier fighters. There is a reason hw's average age is near 40 while guys like Pettis and Aldo peak in their late 20's: speed kills the lighter you go.

McGregor would be crazy to take that fight, even for the ridiculous money he'd make. Best to stay in his lane and not fight massive WW/MW monsters. First class ticket to CTE central.
Even crazier for boxing Floyd tho. Conor has a habit of taking the fights people think he should avoid - Chad on ten days, RDA, Nate at 170 x2 (especially after losing), Eddie (considered to be like a Chad Diaz hybrid) and boxing Floyd.

Maybe Freddie is foreshadowing.

My question is 155 or 170?

Big difference.

We all know gsp used rjj as an example for gaining and dropping so much weight hurts reflexes, and he's right...

I'm honestly thinking this may not be what he's after... Gonna be fun to watch and see.

Conors striking is way superior than GSPs striking, if he can stuff the takedowns I can see Conor winning via TKO

Does Conor have any other means/ways of winning a fight that doesn't involve a possible KO/TKO, like actually fighting from positions, grinding, wrestling, grappling, kicking, a single left handed hammer won't carry a belt in the LW division because everyone can strike in that class.

He "could," but GSP would deservedly be the favorite by a decent margin. But Conor's no slouch. Anything is possible.

How da fuck does Conor beat GSP in any universe?

GSP would take him down at will. You thought Conor ran during Diaz II? Holyshit...the guy would literally climb the cage to avoid GSP's TD and intense onslaught.

Conor is rich now so don't ever expect him to subject himself to the humiliation that result in a fight against GSP.

How da fuck does Conor beat GSP in any universe?

GSP would take him down at will. You thought Conor ran during Diaz II? Holyshit...the guy would literally climb the cage to avoid GSP's TD and intense onslaught.

Conor is rich now so don't ever expect him to subject himself to the humiliation that result in a fight against GSP.

According to Brendan's "guy" GSP is going to try to get a conor fight after the next one

Yeah....so close and unpredictable! How do you call Nate Diaz vs St. Pierre ? That too close to call also ?
Hey don't shit on Diaz. He he did have like 14 seconds of success in the 3rd or 4th I think.

Back