Does anyone use Audible or Audiobooks?

audiobooks are great
a song of ice and fire
and harry potter have some good narrators

I listen to audio books every single night; I have tinnitus and they help me fall asleep.

They're so good at putting me to sleep I segment them into five minute chunks and start each night one segment ahead.

audiobooks are great
a song of ice and fire
and harry potter have some good narrators

I'm assuming you listened to the same old man read Daenerys sex scenes. That was pretty awful.

Also, GRRM has never had sex in his life. Or touched a woman.

I'm assuming you listened to the same old man read Daenerys sex scenes. That was pretty awful.

Also, GRRM has never had sex in his life. Or touched a woman.

is it the Doltrice guy? anyway i think that guy is good
what you don't ever want is willem defoe reading a woman's part.....oh noooo

Was listening to a Game of Thrones narration where the really old male narrator was reading a part where Daenerys was having sex, and he did it in a female voice, right through the orgasm.

That must have been a painfully awkward day in the recording studio.
Roy Dotrice's narration is awesome. I love how especially he says Hodor Hodor Hodor

is it the Doltrice guy? anyway i think that guy is good
what you don't ever want is willem defoe reading a woman's part.....oh noooo

He's fine... But it's awkward when he reads female parts.

I like audiobooks. The main argument against imo is that listening to a book is like looking at art through someone else's eyes, since the narrator can influence your perception on things.

I find this to be true in some cases, so if i want to have full experience i read. So i usually read religious and historical works, and listen to main stream novels. For example 1984 audio book on youtube was really good.

Also if i dont like the narrator i can just find the same book in English or vice versa (in Russian).

Some of the narration can be offputting. The ones for the Dark Towers almost put me to sleep because the guy's voice is too monotomic at times except when he tries to imitate Detta Walker

Some of the narration can be offputting. The ones for the Dark Towers almost put me to sleep because the guy's voice is too monotomic at times except when he tries to imitate Detta Walker

Almost put you to sleep? Sign me up! Sounds like the perfect audio book for me.

(actually I've listened to it already)

I had a 25 minute commute on an interstate for a previous job. I listened to a couple books during the drives. I found I liked to actually read the books instead of listening. My reading comprehension seems to be higher than my listening comprehension. I caught myself searching for details online that I would have remembered on my own. So overall, it's nice to have light content on audiobooks, but for anything that requires thought or analyzing information should be relegated to either ebooks or physical books.

I love Audible. I get one credit per month and often will buy extras when they offer me 30% off 3. Audio books are so expensive, so its nice when you can send one credit on a book that would cost $50. I listened to all the GOT books this summer, and had hundred of hours of entertainment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockweiler
Back