Media Does Belal Muhammad deserve more respect?

Another dweeb on YouTube with opinions...

Who would of thought...

But to the Thread Title - No one deserves anything and no one is required to give anything.

I like Belal, his style apparently isn't fan friendly - Ah well...

Tune in or don't I'm sure it will make 0 impact.

who.gif

1701456783580.png

Everybody under rates him but I think Belal is arguably the best WW in the world.
The footwork he displayed against Brady and Burns was elite, he was dancing in and out of range nullifying their speed and power with great angles and timing. Belal's boxing is simple and very fundamental but it's effective and was sharp enough to out strike Luque who has a very strong jab. Cardio is relentless and the wrestling behind it isn't the most technical but Belal showed he's a very physically strong WW who can power through takedowns.

I think Belal deserves more credit because as a legitimate title contender most people just look at the Leon NC as a reason he isn't good enough?

Honestly going to be tough to beat Leon and I'm not sure he'd beat Shavkat. He deserves it more than anyone right now, but his style isn't exactly the greatest. If you can keep him on the feet any decent striker will take him apart, although his striking isn't too bad especially mixed with wrestling.

I really don't get the hate tbh. He is a good fighter. He stays active. Solid resume.

I feel like it's mostly Covington fans trolling
you must not have ever seen him fight then.

Belal deserves a title shot strictly by merit, because his performances are not anything that endears him to fans. if he doesnt get the next shot after Colby then that isnt fair; he's on a very long win streak.
you could argue that Colby getting a title shot now isnt fair, and i dont think it is, but Colby is always in barnburners whereas Belal needs to have his nickname be "Remember The Name" because he is so unremarkable as a fighter and person.

i'm very much in the camp of MMA being a sport first and a spectacle/entertainment second, but Belal really makes me appreciate the entertainment side of things.

9 fight win streak, 3 top 5 wins. Not sure anyone else has had to jump through that many hoops to get a title shot. Colby gets them by fighting an old 0-2 fighter and sitting out for a year. Leon didn't even face a top 5 opponent to get his title shot.

Back