Does glucosamine work?

Mr Mojo Lane

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Mixes reviews.

I have mild joint pain. I'm trying to make sure that it doesn't get worse. I do not have arthritis or anything.

What's the consensus on Sherdog?

It's a supplement. You can try it for 2 months to see if it works for you. The best practice is also try to mitigate the joint issue with some exercises or modifications to your existing workout.

Yes glucosamine works. It's often best combined with chondroitin.

There's also evidence glucosamine is a longevity supplement.

Try applying topical DMSO gel or diluted liquid to your joints.

Worked well for me but it's tough to say if it's exactly glucosamine because most of the supplements also have stuff like MSM, chrondontrin, boswella, hyaluronic acid

Pills don’t really work it gets broken down in the in the gut , if your using any joint stuff use creams and apply them directly to the effected areas .

My personal experience is Joint Flex worked the best at least as good as the new hemp products.

Your best bet is reinforcing diet and reversing any kind of pain , flax seed oil , olive oil , EFAs , …also unbalanced fats could promote inflammation so I add olive oil whenever I use peanut butter products you’ll get both omega fats .

Out of the box stuff would be natural Aloe juice etc….

The best supplements for pain and or promoting health in general is Agmatine Sulfate and Beat Aline or Carnosyn ,this is a great one / two punch together .

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...help-knee-or-hip-arthritis-pain-idUSKBN1AQ2LE

Last edited:
Not i
Mixes reviews.

I have mild joint pain. I'm trying to make sure that it doesn't get worse. I do not have arthritis or anything.

What's the consensus on Sherdog?

not in my experience it doesn’t
I’m in the upper regions of age on here and I’ve been in good shape my whole life
I take and have taken a bunch of supps over the years
Only thing that really worked was test

You could look into injectable peptides - they are expensive but they work
I found a couple cbd creams that offered some relief at night

Never did shit to me but I keep taking for whatever reason

There was a period of time when my hands started aching and hurting badly after rolling. I'd roll with someone for 5-10 min, and it would leave my hands aching in pain for almost the same amount of time. It made it hard to grip, go for chokes, etc.

After a few weeks, I figured I was getting arthritis or whatever, and asked my friend what might help. He told me try glucosamine, or fish oil. I went to the store, found glucosamine, and went ahead and bought it. I started taking it once a day in the morning everyday. After a couple of weeks, I did notice a huge difference. After a hard roll, the joints in my fingers still felt a little weak and tired, but the pain was almost unnoticeable. It went from like a 7 to a 1.

After a couple of weeks of not hurting, I'd forget to keep taking it. My hands would be good for a few months. If it comes back, which it sometimes does, I just start taking it again and it works the same all over again.

Hope this helps, good luck dude.

Back