Does Izzy deserve an immediate rematch or no?

Immediate rematch?

• Total voters
He deserves it. But I don't think he wants it. At this point he's mentally destroyed by the man.

Honestly? I thought it was a bad stoppage. He was getting tagged but still moving and trying to avoid
Maybe a little early, but I didn't think so in real time. Izzy was hurt and done. I would have liked a little longer time but that could have ended with Izzy dead and full of shit in his pants.

Honestly? I thought it was a bad stoppage. He was getting tagged but still moving and trying to avoid
He was done... Alex would have put him away with 2-3 more strikes... Not a 10/10 stopage but ok at the least....

I wouldn’t mind Khamzat getting the next shot, but otherwise they’ll probably give Izzy a rematch.

Nobody outside of hardcore fans and Australians wants to see Whittaker in a title match again.
How much you drunk today lad as your clearly getting WW and MW confused. Khamzat getting the next title fight at MW? What cause he beat Meerschaert at MW and Holland at catch weight? Yeah nah mate.

I'd like to watch it again. It was a compelling fight with Izzy once again being far too tentative with his striking after rocking him in Round 1. Alex has serious power but Izzy clearly a faster striker who didn't let his hands go enough there.

<45>
He took half a dozen clean full power hits, even right before the stoppage Pereira was still connecting. There is no way he wouldn't have been knocked out had the fight lasted 10 more seconds.

you don’t know that. He was getting hit clean and didn’t drop. His head is like stone.
I dunno

strange stoppage, but it would have been a weird win for izzy if he had survived that anyway.

like if izzy surived and clinched out the rest of round 5 that would've been super unsatisfiying as well.

Alex got saved by the bell earlier and that fight was probably even going into the 5th...there will be an immediate rematch if Izzy wants it.

edit: all three judges had Izzy up 3-1...even more to suggest Izzy would get it (if he wants it)

Last edited:
i dont think Izzy himself would want this rematch instantly, probably 1 tune up fight first would make sense, hell it would be smart, cuz with how suspect Alex's grappling looked he might get grapple fucked and Izzy can get his belt the easy way.

Tbh, izzy was about 5 seconds away from knocking alex out cold in the first round.

loool. I didn't realize how much Izzy hate there is on here.

I'll allow the stoppage even though I felt it was a little early, but how much hate do you have for the guy that you wouldn't give him a rematch.

-He was ahead on the scorecard prior to AP landing those shots
-Wobbled your boy in the 1st round really bad
-Dominated AP on the ground against weight bully MW

Give the man his rematch!

All Alex needs is a small window of opportunity to beat Israel whereas Israel has to be perfect for 5 rounds. I rate Adesanya over Alex skills wise but the power makes all the difference.

Back