Does prime Tony Ferguson beat anyone on the top 5?

Nope, the prime version of guy who has an iron chin, doesn’t ever give up on himself, and everlasting cardio is a lock to lose to anyone in the top 5 now, LoL

I’m not sure if it was rabid Khabib fans or just the Tony detractors that got this narrative to work that Ferguson was never that good, but it’s sheer stupidity...

The fighter Tony was prior to the ACL tear would’ve been competitive with anyone in the top 5, saying otherwise is just disingenuous

Prime Tony Ferguson got destroyed by Justin Gaethje.

Nobody in the history of life who used the word snowflake was cool. It's legit the shittiest insult ever.

How embarrassing for you lol
1jeha9.jpg

He loses the first round or two then does one of his "accidental, on purpose, fight changing fouls" then takes over.

I don't know, but that was also a 48-47 decision, and the tides didn't turn towards Tony's favor until he dug his finger two inches deep into RDA's eye. That said, Dustin is one of the current top 5 fighters who I think prime tony has the best chance against, just because of how they match up stylistically.
OK and how gaethje blinded Barbosa then cheap spotted him after an extremely obvious and deep eye poke. Yet everyone here still gargle his nuts even though it's known he's eye poked and headbutt in his career

Prime Tony was a monster. He’s washed up and nearly finished gaethje…

this is a guy that tooled prime rda, wilted Pettis, took the soul of josh Thompson, Edson barboza, cerrone amongst other beasts.

lmao how is the Tony that was DESTROYED by Gaethje not in his prime? That was the end of a really long 12 fight win streak, he magically leaves his prime just because he gets rekt? Charles tooled him on the ground the fight after that, so obviously Khabib would have done the same since his ground game is even stronger.

He has a shot against everyone. Funny how 3 years ago he was a serious candidat for LW GOAT and suddenly he cant beat a Top 5 fighter? He ate 100s of gaethjes best shots (is super durable) and has the best stamina MMA has ever seen. He can give everyone hell.
he was never a contender for lw goat. he had a long winning streak against not great competition. the only people who were calling him this were delusional fanboys. i like tony but he was never a top 5 lw fighter.

lmao how is the Tony that was DESTROYED by Gaethje not in his prime? That was the end of a really long 12 fight win streak, he magically leaves his prime just because he gets rekt? Charles tooled him on the ground the fight after that, so obviously Khabib would have done the same since his ground game is even stronger.
this. khabib vs tony would have been one of the most lopsided maulings in the history of the sport. tony is very lucky that that fight never came through.

More of this evolution of the sport nonsense? Making it sound like his prime was 20 years ago, instead of a couple years ago.

tony was an extremely tough and game gatekeeper to the top 5 of the division. he could maybe crack the outside of the top 5 at any given time but he was never #1 contender material or champion material. thus, he was overrated. people act like hes a goat.

tony is still in his prime. he just fought one guy who is a bad style matchup for him followed by a guy who is just better than him basically everywhere. he didnt suddenly drop off before the justin fight.

This is sherdog so obviously he’s been exposed and he was never that good.

Supposed boogeyman doesn’t really have the best resume to go by. Trying to imagine any version of Tony that beats Dustin is definitely laughable tho. Always was a bad matchup for him.
<1>

Prime Tony would be champion.

Yes he would beat a few of these guys. Tony Ferguson is a fucking savage, I don't know how people forget that. He has his weaknesses, but I wouldn't be so certain for example that if Justin fought Tony a few years earlier, he woudn't be bloodied and punished.

Back