Does Rose Namajunas have good athletic ability?

Weili Zhang is in all areas better,
athletic, strength, endurance, power, skills!
Rose is like a child in a candy shop,
not even she can believe she is a Champ!
a56 (2).jpg

Meh, she has good timing and dexterity, but she's not particularly explosive or physically strong. The things she's good at seem to be from hard work rather natural ability.

This.

She's been trained well.

And which women fighters have the best?

Athletic ability is sport specific. Good athletic ability for say basketball is different than for say gymnasitcs. And ask Michael Jordan how well basketball athletic ability translates into baseball athletic ability. Or ask any one of thousands of top level NBA, NFL, NHL, and MLB players how well their athletic abilities transferred to golf (a sport many played regularly in the off-season and then especially when retired, without every getting close to PGA levels. There's a reason two sport athletes like Bo Jackson were so rare, very few people have high enough athletic abilities in two sports to be stars in both. And I don't think there is anyone who was a star in three major league sports.

Rose seems to have excellent MMA athletic ability.

I think she has GOAT WMMA footwork and straight punches.

Well yeah, but she do seem to fold quickly when things isn't going her way. Like when she fought Karolina and Andrade.
athletic, strength, endurance, power, skills!
Rose is like a child in a candy shop,
not even she can believe she is a Champ!
MammothPastHoiho-size_restricted.gif

Better skills <Dany07>

The problem with this thread is athletic ability depends on what sport is being discussed. Namajunas clearly has the sort of physical dynamic ability to allow her to do whatever her martial skills require her body to carry out. Therefore she has plenty of athletic ability for mma.

Athletic ability is sport specific. Good athletic ability for say basketball is different than for say gymnasitcs. And ask Michael Jordan how well basketball athletic ability translates into baseball athletic ability. Or ask any one of thousands of top level NBA, NFL, NHL, and MLB players how well their athletic abilities transferred to golf (a sport many played regularly in the off-season and then especially when retired, without every getting close to PGA levels. There's a reason two sport athletes like Bo Jackson were so rare, very few people have high enough athletic abilities in two sports to be stars in both. And I don't think there is anyone who was a star in three major league sports.

Rose seems to have excellent MMA athletic ability.

Isn't that skill and talent for a particular sport/activity rather than athleticism?

Meh, she has good timing and dexterity, but she's not particularly explosive or physically strong. The things she's good at seem to be from hard work rather natural ability.
She won both her title wins by round one knockouts. I woul.d say she can be pr..etty damn explosive

Its hard to say since everything comes from natural ability AND hard work. even how quickly you take to otherwise learned skills or how refined you can make them.

athletic, strength, endurance, power, skills!!

I noticed you didn't list "defense"

Rose is very athletic

Danielle Taylor is likely the most athletic WMMA contestant to enter the UFC cage, but she wasn’t much of a fighter... Just not violent.

Similar to Dodson but worse.

A-level athlete with a good work ethic. Tough combination to beat. Rose is helping to keep WMMA on the map. Kayla Harrison, Bullet, Amanda, and JJ are up there with athletic ability too.

she sounds really good. I’ve never seen her fight. What’s her record?

Back