Does Volkanovski have the Best 5 Wins in a row ever?

His fight before this was a far worse beating than last night actually, the worst damage he got were the head clashes. There's your answer. His body can handle it and he takes long breaks to heal. Fighters are not made out of paper and weak like sherdoggers.

not arguing if he can win a fight again, but to be the best in the weight class? Not happening. Stomped twice by the two best. He’ll be a 45 pound Gus if he’s lucky.

Probably nobody. That's 3 opponents who are all time greats in the division and the other will probably become one in the future. All of them present different styles and are masters at atleast one MA.
Cejudo might be better with cruz tj and mouse

I like Volk but that Cejudo 5 edges it imo.
That Cejudo 5 is strong as well, although there are a couple legitimate caveats to them (Cruz being way past his prime and TJ cutting down to 125 which he had never done before).

That Cejudo 5 is strong as well, although there are a couple legitimate caveats to them (Cruz being way past his prime and TJ cutting down to 125 which he had never done before).
You could pick apart anyones wins though, thats the nature of mma.

Perfectly said. I'm a big fan of most of those five, but there's no denying how impressive that streak was. It's unfortunate to see people crap on the fighters and the streak ten years later.
How little you seem to know of that time period. Let me refresh your memory.

January 2011: The UFC LHW division is one of the most stacked in the promotion, with enough talent to provide bouts contested at a high level for years to come

February 2011: A mysterious fog permeates every former and current UFC LHW champion, irrevocably aging them many years and pushing them so far out of their prime that beating them is a null accomplishment.

March 2011: Jones defeats Rua for the LHW title. Over the next 25 months he proceeds to take advantage of the destructive powers of the mysterious fog which caused the immediate decline of all former champions by ducking the real contenders and facing only former belt holders.

A dastardly plan indeed, and one which may have gone unnoticed were it not for the keen eye and unwavering commitment to justice of some sherdoggers.

Last edited:
How little you seem to know of that time period. Let me refresh your memory.

January 2011: The UFC LHW division is one of the most stacked in the promotion, with enough talent to provide bouts contested at a high level for years to come

February 2011: A mysterious fog permeates every former UFC LHW champion, irrevocably aging them many years and pushing them so far out of their prime that beating them is a null accomplishment.

March 2011: Jones defeats Rua for the LHW title. Over the next 25 months he proceeds to take advantage of the destructive powers of the mysterious which caused the immediate decline of all former champions by ducking the real contenders and facing only former belt holders.

A dastardly plan indeed, and one which may have gone unnoticed were it not for the keen eye and unwavering commitment to justice of some sherdoggers.

<seedat>

Nemkov has a good one:

Liam
Davis
Carvalho
Bader
Davis

At 145 sure P4P no ones touching Jones's 2011,2012 run that was something of legend. Marty's recent run would also have to be above Volk. Also MM's early 125 run.

So I guess Volk would be fourth at the highest in terms of a 5 fight stretch.

A perfect scenario for me Henry comes back wins the BW and Volk defends the belt one more time, than have Volk move down and fight Henry for the BW title.

Didn't Jones beat 2 usada tests, a DUI, attempted vehicular manslaughter, and a possession charge?

I really don't put that much stock in the Mendes win, dude was far from his best when he fought Volk.

Back