• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does Yair Rodriguez have a chance against Volkanaski?

Unlike most of Volk's opponents, Yair at least has some power. Added to his speed and size. But his grappling wouldn't be a problem for Volk, I think it would look like the Frankie fight again.

Ortega and KZ both have power. it was the skill they lacked

I mean it's MMA, so yeah. I don't think he matches up with someone as strong and durable as Volk though. It would definitely be a fun fight to watch IMO though. Oddly enough I can see Emmett stifling Yair's game though, so we might not get to see a Volk match happen if they end up making an interim.

Ortega and KZ both have power. it was the skill they lacked
I think Ortega's power might be a little overrated simply on the Frankie KO. Frankie was well beyond his prime and his epic durability has also been shown to be in great decline. Not taking anything away from the win but I wouldn't say Ortega has tons of power, pretty average really.

I think Ortega's power might be a little overrated simply on the Frankie KO. Frankie was well beyond his prime and his epic durability has also been shown to be in great decline. Not taking anything away from the win but I wouldn't say Ortega has tons of power, pretty average really.

they both have enough to knock Volk out is what i'm saying. Max rocked Volk in the 2nd fight, if Max can rock him those guys could definitely knock him out if they hit him with a big shot cleanly.

Yair vs. Emmett is the obvious next fight while volk heals. Both Yair and Emmett need a more definitive win.

Imagine yair getting a title shot with one win in the past three years and that win was by freak injury.
Solid points

He's a decent value bet depending on the odds imo

He's got the reach and the speed to make it interesting. Max looks slow compared to Volk.

He totally has the chance, with that reach and speed advantage, he can pick that manlet apart from a distance.

He totally has the chance, with that reach and speed advantage, he can pick that manlet apart from a distance.

I'm not sure he has a speed advantage! Also Volk is one of the longest fighters at FW.

Edit: just checked, they're both listed as having a reach of 71inches.

Anybody as lethal as Yair has a chance to finish at almost any moment. Volk would have to fight almost a mistake-free fight, which he did against Max so, yeah great fight.

I'm not sure he has a speed advantage! Also Volk is one of the longest fighters at FW.

Edit: just checked, they're both listed as having a reach of 71inches.
But Yair has long legs and is a kicker , so I think that will give Volk a lot of problems.

Some interesting chins at fw.. max, volk, ortega, yair, burgos, kattar..

Anyways.. i see volk being able to wrestle fuck him.. not really sure he would though..

Yair isn't going away and he'll throw spinning, flippy, KO shit for 5 rounds..

Volk is a clear favourite but a chance.. absolutely..

Toughest challenge for Volk at 145 for sure. Yair keeps improving. His striking looks extremely sharp, fast and powerful lately. His TDD and grappling look better than against Max as well.

50/50 in my opinion

I think he deserved to get it over KZ when Max pulled out. He won the fight. It was anticlimactic, but that was due directly to his actions. It's not like Ortega tripped and fell on his shoulder.

KZ didn't deserve his title shot, but he still deserved it more than Yair. he'd fought and beat 3 decent fighters. All Yair had done was lose to Holloway and have those two back to back fights against Jeremy, who isn't good. All of KZ's wins were better than Yair's. KZ took out Frankie as well, who mauled Yair.

I feel like even now Yair needs one more win. I think he should have to beat Emmet or Kattarfirst while Volk heals up.

KZ didn't deserve his title shot, but he still deserved it more than Yair. he'd fought and beat 3 decent fighters. All Yair had done was lose to Holloway and have those two back to back fights against Jeremy, who isn't good. All of KZ's wins were better than Yair's. KZ took out Frankie as well, who mauled Yair.

I feel like even now Yair needs one more win. I think he should have to beat Emmet or Kattarfirst while Volk heals up.
Yairs losing performance against Holloway was more impressive than anything KZ did. I would picked Yair.

Dana said volk is having hand surgery and will be out for awhile. Some one from the media asked if a Emmett vs Rodriguez interm fight is the fight to make and Dana said he likes it.

Yairs losing performance against Holloway was more impressive than anything KZ did. I would picked Yair.

Thinking about it some more, I'm fine with Yair.

I'm not fine with Volk having to fight the same guy over and over and not fight any other interesting opponents. They really need to just line Yair, Emmet, and Kattar up in a row and let him fight them.

If it becomes a striking battle it can certainly become a close interesting fight. Volk is a smart fighter who thinks about winning first over entertaining so I can see him working the clinch/grappling and grinding out a win here.

I think if it were a standing only at range contest yair would have a chance, but I don’t think that is how it will play out. I think volk will push him to the fence and beat on him there or take him down and gnp.

Toughest challenge for Volk at 145 for sure. Yair keeps improving. His striking looks extremely sharp, fast and powerful lately. His TDD and grappling look better than against Max as well.

50/50 in my opinion
I agree about the striking, but I don’t think it’s a 50/50 contest. Volk is still better basically everywhere else. And volk and his team come up with great game plans and he has a high fight iq so I don’t think they will let it be just a striking affair.

Back