Social Dog of Peace Fatally Mauls 3-Month-Old Baby, Injures Mother in NJ

Why golden retrievers and half golden retrievers dont have this problem?

- Because golden dont have to attack children and old ladies, compensate the fact that they are too dumb and too weak to be sherped dog?

The reality is this. You guys continue to rely on pseudoscience and broad generalizations, all of which have already been firmly debunked. @WklySportsMemes & myself actually rely on science. Formal peer-reviewed studies that conform to the scientific method. There's a reason so many regions are repealing BSL around the world. Half of the US has now replaced it with breed neutral legislation. They finally realize that they got it wrong and corrected the mistake.

So, unless you think you know more than the CDC, AVMA, ASPCA, Humane Society, and the white house (Obama administration denounced BSL in 2013) then you're on the wrong side of this debate.

Wrong. A breed can be responsible for more attacks than the others and still be a lower bite risk. Here's why. The CDC did this study and the AVMA published it.

“In contrast to what has been reported in the news media, the data from this study CANNOT be used to infer any breed-specific risk for dog bite fatalities (e.g.,neither pit bull-type dogs nor Rottweilers can be said to be more “dangerous” than any other breed based on this study). To obtain such risk information it would be necessary to know the numbers of each breed currently residing in the United States. Such information is not available.

Data from this study indicate that the number of dogs of a given breed associated with fatal human attacks varies over time
, further suggesting that such data should not be used to support the inherent “dangerousness” of any particular breed.”
If any of that was true, unbiased or mattered, we wouldn’t be dealing with the statistics in real time. What is happening in real life cannot be ignored or downplayed. It’s factual with real, proven metrics that pitbulls attack and kill more people than any other dog breed and it’s been like this for 20+ years. You cannot spin that in any other way. These dogs can be and are dangerous.

You can choose to be selectively ignorant if you want but don’t think for a second you’re going to change anybody’s mind with your cognitive dissonance.

If you really care about the breed and want to preserve it and protect it, you’d be put pushing people to get their dogs fixed and to stop backyard breeders. Until we stop that garbage, our shelters will be lined with pits and people and other innocent pets will continue to die. These dogs are not for everybody and trying to pawn them off on incapable owners who do not know what they’re capable of is dangerous. The pitbull lobby has blood on their hands.

Ask an Akita owner if their dog is dangerous and they’ll say it could be. Ask any guard breed this and they’ll say yes but when it comes to pitbulls, no they’re just the sweetest…. Then suddenly they’re not and they chuck it off into some shelter to pass it onto some unsuspecting owner. It’s pathetic. I’m a former pitbull owner myself and if they told the truth on these dogs, there’s be a lot less maulings but they can’t because then they can’t unload dangerous dogs from pit warehouses. I stopped donating to our local shelter because of blatant lying.

If any of that was true, unbiased or mattered, we wouldn’t be dealing with the statistics in real time. What is happening in real life cannot be ignored or downplayed. It’s factual with real, proven metrics that pitbulls attack and kill more people than any other dog breed and it’s been like this for 20+ years. You cannot spin that in any other way. These dogs can be and are dangerous.

You can choose to be selectively ignorant if you want but don’t think for a second you’re going to change anybody’s mind with your cognitive dissonance.

If you really care about the breed and want to preserve it and protect it, you’d be put pushing people to get their dogs fixed and to stop backyard breeders. Until we stop that garbage, our shelters will be lined with pits and people and other innocent pets will continue to die. These dogs are not for everybody and trying to pawn them off on incapable owners who do not know what they’re capable of is dangerous. The pitbull lobby has blood on their hands.

Ask an Akita owner if their dog is dangerous and they’ll say it could be. Ask any guard breed this and they’ll say yes but when it comes to pitbulls, no they’re just the sweetest…. Then suddenly they’re not and they chuck it off into some shelter to pass it onto some unsuspecting owner. It’s pathetic. I’m a former pitbull owner myself and if they told the truth on these dogs, there’s be a lot less maulings but they can’t because then they can’t unload dangerous dogs from pit warehouses. I stopped donating to our local shelter because of blatant lying.
You've already been proven to be wrong on this front. Unless you know the exact population of a breed within a particular region then you cannot determine its bite risk. Period. You would take the number of fatalities it's responsible for within a given year and divide that number by the breed's total population. This is the accepted scientific method for calculating that metric.

Here's your homework assignment. Find out how many Pit Bulls reside in the US. There are a lot but you'll need to actually quantify it. Additionally, you can provide a formal peer-reviewed scientific study that demonstrates the purebred American Pit Bull Terrier breed is inherently more human aggressive than that of the other breeds. It must indicate that they're significantly more aggressive.

Good luck to you. You'll need it.

1jQp2BPzf003tCUVmvgFAvpgX_UmHpBVbTCZ0xq0jS8.jpg

You've already been proven to be wrong on this front. Unless you know the exact population of a breed within a particular region then you cannot determine its bite risk. Period. You would take the number of fatalities it's responsible for within a given year and divide that number by the breed's total population. This is the accepted scientific method for calculating that metric.

Here's your homework assignment. Find out how many Pit Bulls reside in the US. There are a lot but you'll need to actually quantify it. Additionally, you can provide a formal peer-reviewed scientific study that demonstrates the purebred American Pit Bull Terrier breed is inherently more human aggressive than that of the other breeds. It must indicate that they're significantly more aggressive.

Good luck to you. You'll need it.
You never proved anybody wrong. I posted dog fatality statistics from the real world which trump any garbage you posted. I don’t give a flying fuck what happens in a lab, we have a problem right here, right now with pitbulls attacking people and the statistics are very fucking available and have been for some time. What actually happens trumps what happens in some questionable shit done in some lab somewhere.

Fuck the lab. Pitbulls attack more people than any other breed and that’s an indisputable fact. Some biased poster on a karate forum saying “they weren’t pitbulls” is not the win you think it is.

We hate your shitty fighting dogs and anybody with a brain knows your murder mutts do not belong in civilized society.

But let me guess, I love pitbulls.com said they’re good so they’re good. Ha! Pitbull owners are the blindest people on the planet. I’m not replying further. You’d be a lot safer and happier with a golden retriever.

You never proved anybody wrong. I posted dog fatality statistics from the real world which trump any garbage you posted. I don’t give a flying fuck what happens in a lab, we have a problem right here, right now with pitbulls attacking people and the statistics are very fucking available and have been for some time. What actually happens trumps what happens in some questionable shit done in some lab somewhere.

Fuck the lab. Pitbulls attack more people than any other breed and that’s an indisputable fact. Some biased poster on a karate forum saying “they weren’t pitbulls” is not the win you think it is.

We hate your shitty fighting dogs and anybody with a brain knows your murder mutts do not belong in civilized society.

But let me guess, I love pitbulls.com said they’re good so they’re good. Ha! Pitbull owners are the blindest people on the planet. I’m not replying further. You’d be a lot safer and happier with a golden retriever.
The scientific consensus is that you're wrong. Cry about it all you want. Your stats aren't even reliable (collected using heavily flawed visual breed identification rather than DNA testing), you don't know the total number of dogs that make up the breed's regional population, and you can't even provide a single fucking peer-reviewed scientific study to demonstrate that Pit Bulls are notably more inherently human aggressive than the other breeds.

You're a brainless idiot. Pseudoscience is what you've been subscribing to and I just singlehandedly proved this.

The scientific consensus is that you're wrong. Cry about it all you want. Your stats aren't even reliable (collected using heavily flawed visual breed identification rather than DNA testing), you don't know the total number of dogs that make up the breed's regional population, and you can't even provide a single fucking peer-reviewed scientific study to demonstrate that Pit Bulls are notably more inherently human aggressive than the other breeds.

You're a brainless idiot. Pseudoscience is what you've been subscribing to and I just singlehandedly proved this.
Oh ok, so all those block head, muscular dogs going around attacking people are all labradors and the fighting dog, bred to fight to the death is totally innocent. Lmao you should get an Olympic gold medal in mental gymnastics. “They weren’t pitbulls”. Even if 50% of them weren’t, they’d still dominate dog bite statistics.

I’m glad I don’t live in a run down trailer park or near any meth labs so I don’t have to see these garbage dogs very often. Thank god. Have a good night. People get too mad on this karate forum sometimes

Oh ok, so all those block head, muscular dogs going around attacking people are all labradors and the fighting dog, bred to fight to the death is totally innocent. Lmao you should get an Olympic gold medal in mental gymnastics. “They weren’t pitbulls”. Even if 50% of them weren’t, they’d still dominate dog bite statistics.

I’m glad I don’t live in a run down trailer park or near any meth labs so I don’t have to see these garbage dogs very often. Thank god. Have a good night. People get too mad on this karate forum sometimes
If only the Pit Bull was the only dog bred for years to fight other dogs. There've been lots of different fighting breeds historically. Like Obama said when he was president, BSL doesn't work and it's a waste of government resources.

State Farm is the largest home & automobile insurance company in the US. They offer liability insurance regardless of dog breed. Even they realize it's about the individual dog and its temperament. Not the breed. It's time you get clued up. Pseudoscience isn't the answer.

“All dogs can be great dogs, regardless of breed ... State Farm determines risk based on a dog's bite history rather than breed.”

"Even if the data I use is totally inaccurate its still numbers that prove my confirmation bias..."

Ooooffff.

Without defending idiotic pitbull owners, sometimes those who judge what is and isn't a 'pitbull' are just as idiotic.

Because a 'pitbull' isn't a specific name of a breed, but a classification with 5+ breeds.

That's why the number of violent biting occurances & deaths of 'pitbulls' are so high, because not only are they a popular 'breed' but the 5+ breeds biting & death numbers are all combined into one, as opposed to listing them individually like most other breeds on the statistics.

And one of the major frustrations of the ignorant, is the miss-identification of the English Bull Terrier as a pitbull breed.

OIP.uld_z3zD-bW9uhmiW9HacwHaKF

I've owned one of these dogs and more than a few times idiots have tried to have me kicked out, because it was a park that pitbulls weren't allowed and they couldn't tell the difference between the English Bull Terrier and Pitbulls. They even tried to convince me that the 'Bull' in the name signified it was a Pitbull breed. To which I replied "Are French Bulldogs a Pitbull breed too?"

Anyway, just wanted to add those points to the discussion.

Something like 45% of households in the US have dogs. That’s about 100 million dogs.

They attack people, they kill babies, they carry diseases, parasites, their shit and urine kills plant life, their urine is infecting the ground water, they cost tens of billions of dollars to the country.

Something like 45% of households in the US have dogs. That’s about 100 million dogs.

They attack people, they kill babies, they carry diseases, parasites, their shit and urine kills plant life, their urine is infecting the ground water, they cost tens of billions of dollars to the country.
How can you put a price on unconditional love and affection?

How can you put a price on unconditional love and affection?

It is not unconditional love. They only like you because they are 100% dependent on you for food, water and shelter.

I swear, dog owners are some of the biggest narcissists that I know. People that need their asses kissed every day in order to function type of people.

The fact that you would call “dogs love”, unconditional makes me want to vomit. Dogs run away from their owners all of the time. They have been inbred to the point of stupidity.

If you are lonely, Learn some social skills and meet another person.

Back