Doing some extra work on your rest day

ironkhan57

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So everybody knows I've been training for 5 years, stopped in July of 2017 due to money problems yadda yadda. Anyways so I'm trying to get back into it, and I am determined to have an amatuer fight before this year ends. I actually got another fucking fine today for a cell phone ticket of $430 and I have to pay $215 every month on top of the 1,317 fine, which I have to pay $100 every month. On top of that have to pay my mom 100 for paying for the damage for my car that some retard that can't fucking drive and hit my car while I was sleeping in my house (the area I live in now aparently it's one of those bad driver areas where the insurance increases your rate when you've their and change the address). Not trying to complain but just letting everybody know my situation and why I can't go into the military or become a cop (well if I become a cop in new jersey I have to have a degree, or 30 college credits).

So anyways I have an urge to shadowbox, and punch walls (yes I have a pain tolerance. And please no comments on punching the wall). So my whole training routine right now is mon-fri. Everyday is a circuit now in the weight room ( I do explosive exercises, combine with some regular strength exercises, and some core strength exercises and do some short hard shadowboxing for at least 30 secs) then I do 10 rounds of striking training (5 rounds of shadow boxing the first boxing the 2nd just kicks the 3rd muay thai the 4th muay thai with conditioning exercises and 5th is mma then 5 rounds the same thing except the 4th and 5th round is mma, I try to practice the mechanics of takedowns and grappling clinches [mostly double underhooks and body lock). And then i go for a run, but I've been making a lot of progress running, so I'm not focusing on this but I'm going to try to get up to 2 miles by the end of the year and then try to get up another 2 miles by the end of 2019 (because before the end of next year probably Nov or December I will have every fine paid off if in the event that I don't get to put more money down and will go to BCT in 2019).

So is it bad to just shadowbox on your rest days? Just practice technique or just practice mechanics of everything you've learned in the past and that you've learned from watching fighters? And no I have not tried to do this that's why I'm asking and also because I get different answers from a lot of people so I'll let you guys decide whichever the most responses will help.

Go ahead and shadowbox. It's pretty light stuff (not draining) so it shouldn't hurt, especially if you feel like it then you're definitely good.

Go ahead and shadowbox. It's pretty light stuff (not draining) so it shouldn't hurt, especially if you feel like it then you're definitely good.

1 question I noticed that my hook and uppercut are a little slow (my uppercut is the slowest out of all my punches) should I just do 1 round just throwing uppercuts and hooks or do a few rounds of it? I really want make those punches faster if I ever get to fight this year.

So everybody knows I've been training for 5 years, stopped in July of 2017 due to money problems yadda yadda. Anyways so I'm trying to get back into it, and I am determined to have an amatuer fight before this year ends. I actually got another fucking fine today for a cell phone ticket of $430 and I have to pay $215 every month on top of the 1,317 fine, which I have to pay $100 every month. On top of that have to pay my mom 100 for paying for the damage for my car that some retard that can't fucking drive and hit my car while I was sleeping in my house (the area I live in now aparently it's one of those bad driver areas where the insurance increases your rate when you've their and change the address). Not trying to complain but just letting everybody know my situation and why I can't go into the military or become a cop (well if I become a cop in new jersey I have to have a degree, or 30 college credits).

So anyways I have an urge to shadowbox, and punch walls (yes I have a pain tolerance. And please no comments on punching the wall). So my whole training routine right now is mon-fri. Everyday is a circuit now in the weight room ( I do explosive exercises, combine with some regular strength exercises, and some core strength exercises and do some short hard shadowboxing for at least 30 secs) then I do 10 rounds of striking training (5 rounds of shadow boxing the first boxing the 2nd just kicks the 3rd muay thai the 4th muay thai with conditioning exercises and 5th is mma then 5 rounds the same thing except the 4th and 5th round is mma, I try to practice the mechanics of takedowns and grappling clinches [mostly double underhooks and body lock). And then i go for a run, but I've been making a lot of progress running, so I'm not focusing on this but I'm going to try to get up to 2 miles by the end of the year and then try to get up another 2 miles by the end of 2019 (because before the end of next year probably Nov or December I will have every fine paid off if in the event that I don't get to put more money down and will go to BCT in 2019).

So is it bad to just shadowbox on your rest days? Just practice technique or just practice mechanics of everything you've learned in the past and that you've learned from watching fighters? And no I have not tried to do this that's why I'm asking and also because I get different answers from a lot of people so I'll let you guys decide whichever the most responses will help.
Yes EVERYONE.

1 question I noticed that my hook and uppercut are a little slow (my uppercut is the slowest out of all my punches) should I just do 1 round just throwing uppercuts and hooks or do a few rounds of it? I really want make those punches faster if I ever get to fight this year.

You can do that, focus on only that for a round here and there, why not? Practice refining the movement so it goes nicer and more efficiently. Ask someone else (IRL not online, so they can SHOW you face to face) if you don't know how to refine the movement (not just your arms but your whole body) yourself

You can do that, focus on only that for a round here and there, why not? Practice refining the movement so it goes nicer and more efficiently. Ask someone else (IRL not online, so they can SHOW you face to face) if you don't know how to refine the movement (not just your arms but your whole body) yourself

Alright thanks man.

I almost never have restdays. But i got days where i only train light.

I guess that what some call active restdays.

I almost never have restdays. But i got days where i only train light.

I guess that what some call active restdays.

Yeah, I heard that anthony Pettis did that. I have a fire ignited in me really. It's really frustrating when you sign up for a fight then don't get to fight, and when you get told your going to fight and some bad luck happens. That shit is frustrating as hell but I found another training partner yesterday, he's actually been going to the YMCA for a while, but this was the first time I asked him to help me do a drill. So at least I can find people to help me out. If I do get the chance to fight this year. And the fight gets cancelled or the fighter gets injured last minute or something I'm going to go berserk really.

Back