Dom’s wrestling will be useless against Cejudo

Dom is going to come into the ring with Lesnar tooth implants and start frothing at the mouth at people.

Rogan cuts weight and is the late replacement.

I imagine his game plan is to fight long and out point cejudo on the feet, and I'm not convinced that cejudo can stop that.

AgedImpracticalDrake-size_restricted.gif
That was 9 years ago against MM who was a part time fighter at that stage of his career... Since that fight, Cruz has fought 4 times.

cejudo can outwrestle him or beat him up on the feet.

cruz spazzing around isn't going to work here, he'll be eating shots early and often.

IMO, if MMA math was a thing, Dom would be a rounding error for Cejudo.

I'm taking door "Dom gets melted."

Hope the fight happens.

most probably could have took him down 4 years ago, but now? i'd surprised if cruz can do anything in this fight, i think he's only in for the paycheck on this one

I could be totally wrong because I haven’t watch a dom Cruz fight in years, but didn’t he have pretty solid striking?

Yes but his entire game is incorporated with his ability to mix it all up.

If you take the element of wrestling out of his overall MMA game, his striking becomes less effective.

He likes to keep his opponents honest and they’re trying to figure out whether he’s going to strike or wrestle, but in this case he’s going to run into a brick wall against Henry.

Cruz now becomes more predictable and Henry can figure out his timing and rhythm if he knows that he’ll be the better fighter when they tie up.

Yes but his entire game is incorporated with his ability to mix it all up.

If you take the element of wrestling out of his overall MMA game, his striking becomes less effective.

He likes to keep his opponents honest and they’re trying to figure out whether he’s going to strike or wrestle, but in this case he’s going to run into a brick wall against Henry.

Cruz now becomes more predictable and Henry can figure out his timing and rhythm if he knows that he’ll be the better fighter when they tie up.
Yeah, I mean if cejudo can stand for 5 rounds with a guy who tries to mix it up like DJ, he’s probably ok against Cruz, right?

I don't know if I have the mental energy to dedicate to specific fights right now. They will probably be cancelled and then some talking head will theoretically extend quarantine to 2022

Dom is delusional if he comes back against Cejudo, and even more against Moraes of Yan. His whole “ring rust doesn’t exist” position is delusional as well. With that said, he is an elite guy, so who knows.

I’ll stand corrected if he comes back and does something impressive but considering all his injuries and time off, it would be insane for the UFC to give him a title shot. Would much rather see him fight a fringe top 10 guy at most.

I think a key part is if Cejudo's cardio will hold up in a 5-rounder where he probably struggles to get top position. Cruz can take a punch and keep moving and scoring. His TDD is top notch and he's active on the feet.

Benavidez is a pretty good wrestler, was tossed around by Cruz like a child

Dom can knee tap Henry for sure

I could be totally wrong because I haven’t watch a dom Cruz fight in years, but didn’t he have pretty solid striking?
Yeah, and that’s actually where I think his edge is. If he shows up in good form, I think his wrestling is good enough to keep this on the feet, and he’s far more elusive than Cejudo, and a better striker than Cejudo.
But Don’s whole style is based on footwork and movement, and with 2 surgically repaired knees, it’s not a style that ages well. Fight is a tossup based on what condition Dom is in. The Dom that beat TJ also beats Cejudo. But if he’s not up to snuff, it won’t be competitive, Cejudo wins all day.

I've never wanted to see a double ko so bad

Benavidez is a pretty good wrestler, was tossed around by Cruz like a child

Dom can knee tap Henry for sure

Joe B is a good scrambler, but he’s been taken down many times in his career.

didn’t he have pretty solid striking?
His movement while striking was a joy to watch, completely comfortable fighting on the back foot, especially in his comeback Vs TJ.. obviously hard to determine to whether he'll still be capable of it, 3 years later..

AnchoredKindheartedDolphin-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_o1r85uhbSK1upwz95o1_400.gifv

cruz-in-and-out-comp1.gif

tumblr_o15oreAtNc1u2ragso3_250.gif

cruz-doubles-up-and-level-change-then-escapes.gif

cruz-slide-step-countering-comps.gif

IF Dominick comes back as usual, it will be a long night for Cejudo. Dominick is going to use his slipper hands all night long with ease. Cejudo won't find Dominick in the octagon for sure...

...IF Dominick comes back as usual...

Weird ass fight but dom has a good shot at henry honestly, if he's in good shape. Yan, sterling, sandhagen are harder matchups. Moraes could break his legs too.

Back