@Blue
Reaction score
For those who didn’t see it, Dominick’s analysis:

It’s worth watching.

Heres how this fight plays out:
If conor cant KO khabib in the 1st round
Its really a battle of who gasses first and who gets their “second wind”

Last edited:
This guy is truly the best. I haven’t heard any of the “experts” talk about the fight the way Dom does. The way he highlights the stances and then proceeds to mention how the sequences, the set ups, and all the subsequent angles will be changed is spectacular! If you want to learn mma from the eyes of a student of the game, listen to this man. He knows fighting.

Nothing against Joe but Dom all day for me. I’d rather hear Dom predict and breakdown every sequence and every move than Joe “HE TAGGED HIM OH HES ROCKED OH SHIT DUDE!!”

Dom should depart MMA fully and be the new Mike Rowe in a rebooted Dirty Jobs.

Even better, have him do regular people jobs and see how a former UFC champ handles being a kindergarten teacher, window washer, call center employee, cashier at Wal-Mart, etc. While the camera is rolling.

I believe Conor can KO Khabib in any of the 5 rounds. It's how he's been preparing. McGregor isn't an idiot - who doesn't prepare for this kind of fight fully.

This guy is truly the best. I haven’t heard any of the “experts” talk about the fight the way Dom does. The way he highlights the stances and then proceeds to mention how the sequences, the set ups, and all the subsequent angles will be changed is spectacular! If you want to learn mma from the eyes of a student of the game, listen to this man. He knows fighting.
Agreed, It’s arguably the best breakdown of this fight I’ve seen so far.

Is it that unlikely that Conor could catch Khabib with a counter later in the fight, even if he was gassed?

Is it that unlikely that Conor could catch Khabib with a counter later in the fight, even if he was gassed?
Gassed conor doesnt really have power. We’ve seen him get a second wind and get some of his power back. Which is the only other chance conor has, once khabib is gassed in the championship rounds. So my guess: conor via ko in the first or championship rounds. Otherwise: khabib via rnc. I think khabib wins

Last edited:
Another great interview with Dom. He made a good point about all the strategic changes Khabib has to make to deal with a southpaw. McGregor changing his stance–as he did in the open workout–could work well for him at moments. It's gonna be gripping.

Dominick might have a point about Flyweight. Moraes on all accounts should get the title shot. The fact that they're moving Cejudo up may mean it's a lose/lose for 125, which is unfortunate imo.

I understand Dom will be in the booth for this one. So glad if that is true. I enjoy the calm, casual way he dummies Rogan when their commentary is at odds.

Dom is the best color man in the game for any fan who has progressed far beyond casual status and is interested in learning more about deep technical aspects of the game.

Lead leg in conors stance is awfully close t9 his opponent. It also happens to be closer to khabibs right which is his l3ad takedown side. Closer distance means conor better be faster than non southpaws, as khabibs takedown will be really fast. I dont see conor stopping more than 1 or 2 attempts before he is on his back. Khabib is the best in the ufc at maintaining top position, and conor will not be able to continuously get up, he just doesnt have the gas.

Very good point about the south paw stance. We saw that in the Johnson fight where Khabib had the most problems standing and he went 2 for 6 on takedowns. Johnson had fast hands, is a lefty and has good movement.

AL fight he went 6 for 15
Edson fight 4 for 13

So vs right handed fighters were seeing more takedowns but also more than double the attempts.

Heres how this fight plays out:

Pro fighter delivers a fairly comprehensive breakdown of the fight, discussing subtle nuances such as the Johnson fight being more comparable than the Inquinta fight. Which I thought were good as well as his further thoughts on ring rust.

Then you fire off your personal thoughts, and in less than 2min, your thoughts include nothing whatsoever regarding anything Cruz says.

You're a crap poster. I'd just like to point that out.

Last edited:
I understand Dom will be in the booth for this one. So glad if that is true. I enjoy the calm, casual way he dummies Rogan when their commentary is at odds.

Dom is the best color man in the game for any fan who has progressed far beyond casual status and is interested in learning more about deep technical aspects of the game.
I like dom and think he's a good analyst and he makes some interesting points here. But to me he comes off as a bit of a know it all. I don't think he's a better commentator than joe overall. He may have more knowledge but he's like a robot sometimes.

Pro fighter delivers a fairly comprehensive breakdown of the fight, discussing subtle nuances such as the Johnson fight being more comparable than the Inquinta fight. Which I thought were good as well as his further thoughts on ring rust.

Then you fire off your personal thoughts, and in less than 2min, your thoughts include nothing whatsoever regarding anything Cruz says.

You're a crap poster. I'd just like to point that out.
1) calm down
2) being a pro fighter does not mean youre good at predicting fights. Ever hear of Brendan schaub and chael?
3) your mother is a whore and i say that with the utmost respect

Back