Dominick Cruz and the list of injuries and long periods of lay offs.

ClosetVitorFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
He had his first fight when he was 19 almost 20 back in 2005. Hes 35 now. But when I see his record.
He fights mighty mouse in 2011. Gets injured soon after, takes 3 years off. Doesnt come back until 2014 taking almost the full 3 years, beats journeyman Mizugaki, then another year+ before he fights dillasnake in 2016. Has a pretty active 2016, then he loses to Cody, then takes off another 3 years+ doesnt fight in 2017, 2018 or 2019....comes back to fight Henry in mid 2020. Now hes 35. I just turned 36 myself. It doesnt get better. I think Dom tries to go out on a win. But all in all his days are numbered. Its sad his career had so many injuries in them. Hes like at Cain levels of injuries, possibly more. I wish him all the best. I like him as a commentator. There is no doubt in my mind that his body hurts. That he does all the tricks just to get through training. Maybe stem cell therapy, massage therapy, acupuncture you name it. You dont get all these surgeries and not have a body that aches.

I think Cain still has him beat because Cains career started in 2006 stopped in 2019, so 13 years as a fighter but only has 17 fights total. Thats close to damn 1 fight per year. Where Dom is closer to 1.5+ fights per year with 25 fights and a 15 year fight career. But when you break down Doms career. Out of those 15 years, he was injured for about 7.5 years. Thats crazy.

Lets be real here, Dom didn't deserve this titleshot regardless of whether you believe the fight ended unfairly or not. I am glad CCC took him out and hopefully he stays out.. dude has been coming and going on his own accord and getting titleshots for free when someone like Tony was undefeated for 5years. UFC is one big circus at this point.

35 isnt too old to fight at the highest level but it may be too old to be elusive with movement like dom. He looked like absokute shit against cody who in turn looked.like absolute shit after fighting dom as that was his last win. Dom isnt dom anymore.

Did not read. Just here say if it’s so bad he should just retire.

Back