Media Dominick Reyes Probably Going To Be Next For Jon Jones in December

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
If DC wins he probably stays at LHW and fights Reyes. Walks over him

Stipe wins he moves up and beats stipe. Then either retires or vacates to avoid ngannou

Ugh...nobody is avoiding Ngannou.
francis-ngannou-derrick-lewis-decision-ufc-226-696x388.jpg

Jones finished Gus less than 1 year ago. When Walker does that with a credible fighter let us know..
I'm not saying he is beating Jones. Or defending him in any sense against Jones. The argument more lies with people thinking Jones is making it happen with a KO. And the Gus finish was GnP, he doesn't have that power like other guys at 205 to do it on the feet. And being that a hurt Santos just kept up with Jones for 5 rounds, other prospects are looking way more promising. When Walker is given more credible fights, we will see. Only time will tell. I'm not even a fan of the dude, but things are getting interesting.

Well you're entitled to that opinion but that makes it clear you don't really know what happened from a technical standpoint

Thiago santos is the best kicker in the division. He was able to match jones in the strongest element of his striking game, nullifying Jones there is what made him look human. It's what took away what is typically a supreme control of distance / range Jones has over most of his opponents. There isn't a single fighter in the division with the skill set or capability of employing the strategy that Thiago did. As it stands, there isn't anyone who's a better kicker.

When Jones dominates the kicking game, controls the frames, distance and generally dictates where the fight takes place.. He's very hard to beat on feet. That doesn't mean he couldn't get caught with something, but from what I can tell.. Nobody other than Thiago can employ that strategy. Except maybe Adesanya

This is also just striking were speaking of. If Jones decides to use his wrestling, which he likely will after this fight.. There's another element to consider

Reyes is a good fighter but very predictable. Jones dominates him pretty much anywhere the fight takes place

Lol did you see his fight against Gus?

When he gets you down, Jons finishing potential is immense. Make no mistake about it. Even on the feet, he has the potential to finish anyone at any moment. If he lands a high kick, spinning back elbow etc.

Just because the guy has 2 decisions back to back doesn't mean he can't finish anymore

I did. He got the finish by GnP. I think it is completely missed that this man is not a KO artist at 205. And he had 4 back to back decisions before his overturn to DC. I never said he CAN'T finish anyone, never did, he just hasn't as often as he used to.

Thiago Santos rematch is what I’d like but how long for his knee to heal?

I'm not saying he is beating Jones. Or defending him in any sense against Jones. The argument more lies with people thinking Jones is making it happen with a KO. And the Gus finish was GnP, he doesn't have that power like other guys at 205 to do it on the feet. And being that a hurt Santos just kept up with Jones for 5 rounds, other prospects are looking way more promising. When Walker is given more credible fights, we will see. Only time will tell. I'm not even a fan of the dude, but things are getting interesting.

Thing is you need everything to beat Jones. Power is not enough. You better have heart and can fight through adversity. Jones has no quit in him. He will test your heart.

I did. He got the finish by GnP. I think it is completely missed that this man is not a KO artist at 205. And he had 4 back to back decisions before his overturn to DC. I never said he CAN'T finish anyone, never did, he just hasn't as often as he used to.

Who is finishing everyone at 205? Walker who hasn’t fought anyone. Anyone else?

Jones wasn't clean vs OSP. He was just less roided and also still benefitted from years of roiding in skill, experience and muscle.

Reyes got out grappled in the clinch and on the ground by Volkan and got lucky to win the decision. He seems like an easy match up for Jones.

Yeah if Jones grapples. His stubbornness almost lost him the belt..

Reyes lost his last fight, fuck giving him a title shot this year.

- Reyes shut down Johnny Walker being next in line:

“The guys I fight are on another level” - Dominick Reyes comparing his opponents to Johnny Walkers. “He’s got a lot of work to do man. We don’t know what he’s like against top level competition”

- Says he broke his nose against Volkan (broken in 5 spots)

- “It’s hard to say” - Dominick Reyes on if Jon Jones is as good as he once was. “I think the [OSP] fight was the first time he was clean”

- “He’s definitely not getting the nod before me” - Dominick Reyes on Jan Blachowicz. “It’s not happening.”

- Says the Volkan fight really woke him up and now he's on a new level

-Believes he is next and so does big nose Helwani

Jones has already noted a fight with him today:

Reyes is 11-0
Last 3 wins:
Jared Cannonier
Ovince St Preux
Volkan Oezdemir

And he's 6 foot 4

That Cannonier win aged well, after seeing Jared go on to destroy Branch and Anderson Silva.

He's got the athleticism, but I think he's still too green.

Walker has the length, the power and the kicks to challenge Jones. That's the fight I want to see. Being realistic I think he needs one more fight

would probably want to see reyes fight for a #1 contender fight before he fights Jon but i doubt that will happen since the division is thin.

At least Jones will finally get a finish

Reyes has practically nothing and is less of a challenge than Volkan, Walker, Smith, Santos, Glover and more

Reyes lost hypetrain after that Volkan fight which he lost but was given a win. Looked very bad there. Rakic and Walker are only hopes.

Thing is you need everything to beat Jones. Power is not enough. You better have heart and can fight through adversity. Jones has no quit in him. He will test your heart.

Didn't look like that last saturday, tbh. It was pretty uneventful fight which could have easily gone to Santos. Jones barely beat one legged opponent, only luck saved him.

He isn't in his prime anymore, try to understand it. He has looked like shit in his last 3 compared to his prime.

If he fights Reyes it will be a boring fight probably a 50-44 UD with neither guy going for a finish.. no disrespect to Reyes as I think he's tough but I think at this stage he. Needs 2/3 more solid wins.. Give walker a top three guy asap and if he smokes them then I think they should bump him even though I'd like too see him clean out the division before hand

He didn’t look great against Volkan and I thought that fight took the wind out of his sails.

However, Jones didn’t look incredible either in his last outing, although I suspect he’d dominate a rematch and we’ll see a completely different Jones vs Reyes.

Back