Don Frye - GOAT color commentator?

Sonny Qc

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Don Frye when he did a Shark Fights event

(Prangley Vs Jardine & Houston Vs Sokoudjou)

With Bas and Kruck

PURE COMEDY GOLD

To Kruck and Rutten : “Great to be here with you ladies.”

On his background as a wrestler: “Look at me: I’m a wrestler. My balls are so big, I wear the excess on my hat.”

On cauliflower ear: “This guy’s tough. His ears are like potatoes. Looks like he got stuck in the birth canal, had to beat him out with a stick.”

On the preliminary card fights: “That was like prison sex: hard, sweaty, violent and there was a lot of noise.”

When Kruck mistakenly called Frye “Bas”: “No, I’m Don. Bas is the ugly guy with no hair.”

On referee stepping in front of the camera angle: “Get Kerry’s *** out of the way and we can see the fight.”

On the difficulty of finding an MMA fight in France: “I didn’t know France was ever in a fight. … I heard Italy just declared war on Spain, and France surrendered.”

On Alexander after he survived a barrage from Sokoudjou in Round 1: “He’s still a little wobbly on his feet, ya know? Either that or he’s got good rhythm.”

On something I still trying to figure out: “Skin like a mule’s ass.”

During a discussion with Rutten over their records: “I started counting fights when I’d come home drunk and knock my old lady around,” to which Kruck, quickly covered for him by saying, “I bet she’s got a few wins over you, too.”

After the fights,: “That was like two hours of rough, hard sex. I need a cigarette and a tequila now.”

#legend
9783e1a9fc70c0b9ae136ab941c6641dbee88119ecfe10415c5137ac1c45abf4.jpg

Last edited:
I remember breaking my mouse out of frustration when Don lost to Dave Herman in shark fights

On Johnny Rees and Paul Bradley both wearing red trunks: "I'll take the white guy in the red shorts."

Personally, I cannot stand listening to him.

To Kruck and Rutten : “Great to be here with you ladies.”

On his background as a wrestler: “Look at me: I’m a wrestler. My balls are so big, I wear the excess on my hat.”

On cauliflower ear: “This guy’s tough. His ears are like potatoes. Looks like he got stuck in the birth canal, had to beat him out with a stick.”

On the preliminary card fights: “That was like prison sex: hard, sweaty, violent and there was a lot of noise.”

When Kruck mistakenly called Frye “Bas”: “No, I’m Don. Bas is the ugly guy with no hair.”

On referee stepping in front of the camera angle: “Get Kerry’s *** out of the way and we can see the fight.”

On the difficulty of finding an MMA fight in France: “I didn’t know France was ever in a fight. … I heard Italy just declared war on Spain, and France surrendered.”

On Alexander after he survived a barrage from Sokoudjou in Round 1: “He’s still a little wobbly on his feet, ya know? Either that or he’s got good rhythm.”

Oh I'm begging for a highlight reel that he said all of this.

I remember that night it was 9/11 anniversary. Don's tribute with the American flag t on "I love you America" with a tear in his eye

That was funny as hell. Thanks for sharing. Love Don!

Don is one of the low key greatest talkers in MMA history. If only he had been a bit younger and entered the UFC nowadays...this guy would be getting the big paychecks.

Frye is smarter than he acts.

He gets a certain appeal for acting like a stupid red neck.

Much like being labeled an uneducated whiskey drinking Southerner made a certain man president.

Back