Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
I barely use Facebook now. I'll check every few days, but I deleted the app off my phone months ago. I would compulsively unlock my phone to check Facebook for maybe 1-2 days; after that, it didn't even cross my mind.

I haven't had Facebook for around 6-7 years, and do not miss it one bit. I suppose I'm fairly active on Instagram though.

If you are into hip hop, especially 80's and early 90's then this is a pretty sweet mix

I wouldn't think any vinyl collection would be complete without some Stevie Wonder in there though.

I just bought Songs in the Key of Life on Saturday. Wasn't an original but definitely an older pressing. Still had the bonus 45 in there too.

So I watched Straight outta Compton for the first time over the weekend. I could no longer avoid it. I had told myself that I wouldn't watch it because I feared it would be absolute shite. I should have stuck to my guns. It was garbage. Acting was terrible, writing was terrible. The only good things were how much Ice Cubes son looks and acts like him and the parts at the end with Eazy-E.

I'm going to stick to my guns and definitely not watch that.

I'm going to stick to my guns and definitely not watch that.

I'll admit the music brought back some serious feels. I can remember being in the bath and blasting Boyz in the Hood. Anyway, probably TMI and totally inappropriate for a 10 year old.

So I watched Straight outta Compton for the first time over the weekend. I could no longer avoid it. I had told myself that I wouldn't watch it because I feared it would be absolute shite. I should have stuck to my guns. It was garbage. Acting was terrible, writing was terrible. The only good things were how much Ice Cubes son looks and acts like him and the parts at the end with Eazy-E.

I *really* liked it. It lost its way in the second half- the contract disputes etc just aren't as exciting as the story of them coming up. But overall really liked it.

Your view is pretty extreme, by the way. 79% on Metacritic and 89% on Rotten Tomatoes. Almost all of the reviews were at least pretty positive. Even the most critical reviews saw it is kind of flawed but with definite good points. No one came anywhere close to saying it was garbage.

Oh, and it was nominated for Oscars for best writing and best original screenplay.

Got to go with @JauntyAngle on this one. I enjoyed it. I'd like it if there was a sing-along version of it, a bit like they did with the awful Mama Mia, but with gansgter rap.

I *really* liked it. It lost its way in the second half- the contract disputes etc just aren't as exciting as the story of them coming up. But overall really liked it.

Your view is pretty extreme, by the way. 79% on Metacritic and 89% on Rotten Tomatoes. Almost all of the reviews were at least pretty positive. Even the most critical reviews saw it is kind of flawed but with definite good points. No one came anywhere close to saying it was garbage.

Oh, and it was nominated for Oscars for best writing and best original screenplay.

Got to go with @JauntyAngle on this one. I enjoyed it. I'd like it if there was a sing-along version of it, a bit like they did with the awful Mama Mia, but with gansgter rap.

Straight Outta Compton reassured me that, as I get older ignoring what Hollywood has to say or interpret about anything is a good thing.

Not from the Oscars it didn't. It won Cinematography, Visual Effects and Art Direction, which are all pretty reasonable.

Anyway, even if they mess up every now and then, when it comes to movie criticism, the opinion of 40+ professional movie critics and the Academy members carry a lot more weight than yours does. That's putting it mildly.

Not from the Oscars it didn't. It won Cinematography, Visual Effects and Art Direction, which are all pretty reasonable.

Anyway, even if they mess up every now and then, when it comes to movie criticism, the opinion of 40+ professional movie critics and the Academy members carry a lot more weight than yours does. That's putting it mildly.
<bball2>

Geez. I guess I'll have to rethink my career options.

If you want to make it to the to, you gotta like Straight Outta Compton more.

The Bone Thugs version of F tha Police is a better than the original.

If you want to make it to the to, you gotta like Straight Outta Compton more.

The Bone Thugs version of F tha Police is a better than the original.

Interesting. I'm not sure I can remember thinking this but I haven't heard it in 20 years, likely. I'm ordering some vinyl, Collection will be one. Bone Thugs was a staple on my mix tapes.

Last edited:
I rarely watch movies anymore. I just don't think most of them stack up to TV Series available now.

I rarely watch movies anymore. I just don't think most of them stack up to TV Series available now.

Unfortunately I don't make much time to watch TV or Movies anymore. It's too bad because there's so much to choose from. But I should really focus my time on finding out what the critics say before making my choice. Otherwise I'm sure I'll get it wrong.

I have an hour to an hour and a half of TV before bed every night. Besides fights, that's about all of the time I get. I don't know how people have time to follow sports like football.

I have an hour to an hour and a half of TV before bed every night. Besides fights, that's about all of the time I get. I don't know how people have time to follow sports like football.
I will throw something on at night if I can stay awake. But I have to be up so early, and I don't usually get to sleep until 10-11pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back