Elections Donald Trump opposes banning TikTok; to hurt Facebook and prevent Biden from getting a win

The TikTok situation isn't one I'm sure what is best to do. One write up I read this morning that I found interesting ~

China’s Meltdown Over TikTok Ban Tells You All You Need to Know​

China would rather lose TikTok's revenues than lose control over Americans.​

I checked the other day. Chinese Tiktok is horny bro. It is kind of weird. They get away with it by heavily filtering the women. They look like part anime and real person. It's like AI people.

Edit: I just looked again for shits and giggles. This is what I found interesting. I didn't watch everything but I saw the thumbnails.

-Baki anime
-Movie clips including Ironman, Marvel stuff, Kungfu Hustle
-Animal clips that might be CGI
-Women dancing
-Factory lunchroom video which I thought was a prison video
-Lots of weird food. lol also gross Indian street food
-Guy skinning an animal and making leather products. Another education one was something about the sun.
-Mr. Beast but it's in Chinese
-Quite a few Kobe Bryant thumbnails. They love Kobe for some reason. They even put him in some sort of anime/rpg game wizard get up.
Yeah, they may have some filters for kids but I doubt it's all that good as people are trying to portray. I bet it's also extremely harmful to the Chinese.

And anyhow, that talk about tiktok being bad for kids has nothing to do with the bill. Instagram reels are just as bad.
Also your feed adjusts depending on what you like. After a week using tiktok I was presented mostly videos on farm machinery lol

That's why it surprised me. Banning TikTok is exactly something he would do. He's so inconsistent and flippant. I could never support for him if just for that reason. His opinion changes daily.

He's very consistent.

He met with Tik ToK ownership a few weeks ago and instantly changed his position. Gee, I wonder what they offered a man with $500+ million in judgments against him.

<seedat>

Yeah, they may have some filters for kids but I doubt it's all that good as people are trying to portray. I bet it's also extremely harmful to the Chinese.

And anyhow, that talk about tiktok being bad for kids has nothing to do with the bill. Instagram reels are just as bad.
Also your feed adjusts depending on what you like. After a week using tiktok I was presented mostly videos on farm machinery lol
I don't have an account. I just click on what I think is the explore tab. I can't read anything but it also seems they have selections of channels dedicated to people of different ages. I don't have tiktok so I am not sure if it's the same or not.

There is no requirement this must be purchased by a US company. They're just forcing China to divest ownership.

Last free haven for dissent is bullshit propaganda by TikTok.

And even if that were true (which it isn't) - I don't care because the national security threat posed by the CCP is much greater.

There's a reason TikTok is outright banned in the EU, the UK, Afghanistan, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Indonesia, Taiwan and many other countries.

Because of the obvious: it's a spying and propaganda tool.
I learned the other day that apparently agreeing to TikTok's TOC's gives them permission to access the contents of your clipboard--uh no, fuck off with that shit.

i'm in the EU and can download it on my phone. First time i hear about it being "banned in europe". it's not. it's only restricted for people that work for the EU Commission or EU institutions in general, which is a bunch of boomers that don't use it anyway, and i suspect nobody actually checks if you have it on your phone.

i suspect the reason why America's so hysterical about it now is because it's where all the free palestine content is now, not to mention it's not easily controllable like the other social media sites are, and it's election year. of course it's a chinese spy tool as well, but all of these social media apps are spy tools.

Last edited:
Mike Johnson is losing many conservative Republicans are fighting with MAGA conservative Republicans but this will be good for democrats MAGA republicans are getting worried that they will start losing power. This is going to get interesting because voters are getting tired of the MAGA wing because they view them more and more as obstructionists. While Trump seems to be consolidating power they face serious problems with many Republicans who worry about recent comments about potentially cutting social security and Medicare.

Mike Johnson is losing many conservative Republicans are fighting with MAGA conservative Republicans but this will be good for democrats MAGA republicans are getting worried that they will start losing power.
what is this phrase

No sane country would allow a foreign adversary to have any control over what information a large portion of its population receives. It's not about caring about the youth. It's about the fact that it's in China's interest to destabilize America by sowing discord. We're already living in a hyperpartisan, highly polarized time largely caused by social media. Allowing a Chinese company to operate one of the largest social media sites in the country is akin to giving the CCP a lighter when we're already covered in gasoline.

BTW, there is no Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc in China. They won't allow it. And those companies are less beholden to the US government than Tik Tok is to the CCP. This bill does to them what they have already been doing to us.
on the flip side, american social media exists in plenty of other countries, arguably not in their best interest.

A nationwide ban of Tiktok, Metaverse, Twitter/X, truth social, and anything like them. Would do nothing but help this country 1000000 fold.

No, it isn't. Look at the terms users accept with Tik Tok. It's insane.
I already posted these links but I will do it again.
I dont think people really understand what TiKTok does,

I find this very concerning but what evs, silly dancing video is a human right and we should do it more.

See the difference between Chines TiKTok (since regular TiKTok is banned in China.. Let that sink in)

Then this article from last year

Personally I would never ever download TiKTok, I stay away from most social medias.
I only use LinkedIn, but sadly more or less a must for me these days.

Back