Donald Trump orders manned flights to the Moon

G

Guestx

The signing ceremony is going down live right now.

From an article three days ago:

President Trump's administration hasn't been shy about wanting to put people back on the Moon, and now it's taking action to make sure that happens. In a statement, the White House said the President would sign Space Policy Directive 1, which orders NASA to lead an "innovative space exploration program" that sends astronauts to the Moon and, "eventually," Mars. Details of what the policy entails aren't available at this point, but the signing will take place at 3PM Eastern. The date isn't an accident -- it's the 45th anniversary of the landing for the last crewed Moon mission, Apollo 17.

Vice President Pence shed some light on the motivations in October. The symbolism of returning to the Moon is a factor, of course, but Pence also saw it as a way to "build the foundation" for trips to Mars "and beyond." Both the presidential transition team and NASA's director nominee Jim Bridenstine have floated the possibility of mining the Moon, but there's no immediate indication that this will be part of the directive.

Whether or not the strategy is a good one is up in the air. Some support Pence's approach, arguing that the US needs more recent experience with human exploration than the Apollo missions before it travels all the way to Mars. It could also help create a lunar station that simplifies Mars voyages. However, there are concerns that the insistence on a moonshot won't help much, and may only serve to delay a visit to Mars at a significant expense to the public. And of course, there's the question of this being used to justify a shift away from the climate science that the current administration hates so much. Whatever the reasons, the debate is largely moot -- the US is going to try for more astronauts on the Moon.

Source: https://www.engadget.com/2017/12/11/president-to-sign-moon-directive/

Space Nazis confirmed.

You can't fool us, Trump!

Trump should be the first to go. Make the moon great again.

Probably wants to see if Transformers are there

that is actually great, space exploration is the future

Heard all the illegals were brain surgeons and astronauts so seems like a thinly veiled deportation scheme to me

President Trump Is Sending NASA Back To The Moon

December 11, 20173:19 PM ET

as17-134-20387-383fde160251e8c789452e6611fb093a3327fda6-s700-c85.jpg

Apollo 17 astronaut Eugene Cernan, pictured here on Dec. 12, 1972, was among the last people to visit the moon.

NASA
President Trump has formally told NASA to send U.S. astronauts back to the moon.

"The directive I'm signing today will refocus America's space program on human exploration and discovery," he said.

Standing at the president's side as he signed "Space Policy Directive 1" on Monday was Apollo 17 astronaut Harrison Schmitt, one of the last two humans to ever walk on the moon, in a mission that took place 45 years ago this week.

Since that time, no human has ventured out beyond low-Earth orbit. NASA doesn't even have its own space vehicle, having retired the space shuttles in 2011. Americans currently ride up to the international space station in Russian capsules, though private space taxis are expected to start ferrying them up as soon as next year.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...sident-trump-is-sending-nasa-back-to-the-moon

Trump should have done this in January to generate a positive vision for his presidency, but - I like it, a lot.

Nobody told him the moon landing was a hoax?

I bet this is solely based upon proving flat earthers wrong on twitter..

i can see it now "earth not flat bitches yolo"

earth_and_limb_m1199291564l_color_2stretch_mask_0.jpg

Hell yes!!!! finally something im pleased about!

Make the moon pay for it.

Can't get a decent health care system or tax reform... but going back to the moon needs immediate attention.

I honestly think there may be hot air and not blood in Trump's veins. It seems less absurd every day.

Gonna build a wall to protect us from the Moon-rapers.

Gonna make the Moonies pay for it with Moon pesos.

he wants to make sure the Man in The Moon has a Green Card

Last edited:
Someone told him that's where the deep state resides, on elysium. He was told he's not rich enough to join, so he's gonna nuke the moon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back