Dosser

Lmao!!!!!!!!!!

He actually didn't make it up. I looked it up (lol), and it means tramp lazy.......

Someone who avoids work lol.
Someone who sleeps rough

Must be British slang. Anyway it's funny as fuck.

For my sins, I grew up in Stockport in the 70’s - the same place Hugie Fury is from and just down the road from where Tyson Fury was born - and can confirm “dosser” is a real word.

It’s not that derogatory - it means someone who doesn’t put any effort in - but there are far harsher words that you wouldn’t have heard of that he could have used.

I mean a boxer who doesn’t take his career seriously once becoming Lineal Champion and goes 150lbs overweight with yayo and alcoholism and cries to the world about being depressed is usually what dossers are all about...

i thought it was just the brits' way of saying "tosser" which is pretty much a wanker

Well used term in Manchester, can also be used as 'on the doss' as in doing fuck all. At school, ' so and so's class is a doss' meaning you have to do fuck all work.

Last edited:
Well used term in Manchester, can only be used as 'on the doss' as in doing fuck all. At school, ' so and so's class is a doss' meaning you have to do fuck all work.

“Where’s your homework”

“Eh, I’m dead soz but I didn’t do it. Was dossing all weekend.”

Back