Douchebag vibes from Poirer

That was such a non event and not worth the effort of posting and timestamping. I don't know why I even bothered to write this post other than to say go and watch the fightville documentary. Dustin comes accross as a bell balanced and humble guy. The only scene that portrayed him in bad light was a clip where he was beating on a guy in sparring who was levels below him.

Strong arguments from TS, I can't really argue with that. 10/10 thread.

What Dustin will be seeing when Eddie puts him to sleep (timestamped):

He has dedicated his life to inflicting brain damage upon others in exchange for cash, there is a very low upper limit to how nice of a person it's actually possible for him to be. Who cares? Do you like his fights or not?

I get what you’re saying it’s kinda subtle, doesn’t really make him a bad guy though.

I'd have thought shortly after the fight Alvarez came across as a bit of a dick saying Poirier "quit" when he illegally kneed him flush on the noggin'. I don't think Alvarez did it on purpose and was maybe still rocked or didn't notice Poirier was on his knees when he caught him with it.

Fair enough if he was saying this in the lead up to a second fight (shortly after the 1st one) and trying to wind Poirier up, but I'm almost sure he said it the following Monday on Helwani's show.
Because he did. Everyone in Dallas thought the same, fans weren't happy, Dustin quit. It was all but confirmed during post fight octagon interview

yeah Poirier is a douchebag but that loudmouth moron Eddie Alvarez is such a sweetheart right?

The guy gives vibes of a dedicated fighter and a loving father. Vibes of a cool headed humble guy. Rooting even more for him now. I guess you're joking

Eddie looka cool in this video too
Naw he's fake. It's an act.

I thought he was kind of douchey when he was getting in KZs face and was promising to expose him.
I thoroughly enjoyed KZ tapping out Poirier.

Eddie would make Philly cheesesteak out of Kebab tbh

Louisianimal . Do us proud bayou brother.

Because he did. Everyone in Dallas thought the same, fans weren't happy, Dustin quit. It was all but confirmed during post fight octagon interview

Hmm. Lets see you get kneed in the head, be possibly concussed and try and continue.

You, Alvarez, me or anyone else can't say for certain if Poirier quit. I could easily offer another alternative theory and say Alvarez threw the knee to get himself disqualified. I don't think he did, but if that's your hypothetical and to paraphrase Alvarez - maybe he (Alvarez) was looking for a way out. Poirier was in a position where you'd think he'd be getting punched, not Alvarez throwing a knee.

I thought it was a strange to do at the time, but he might not have got his bearings back. Who knows.

The last time he acted like a cunt, and then it happened...
giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back