Dow last year under Obama vs First year under Trump. Trump

Except 86 billion in regulations relief, coupled with increased marked confidence in the president.

Again, I wouldn't expect a liberal to understand this. We don't need them to. The scoreboard says it all.

Its clear have no idea what that $86 billion figure actually entails, otherwise you wouldn't keep throwing it out there.

This hyperpartisan bullshit is whats wrong with America today. You'd rather blindly cheer for your guy than actually try and figure out what is actually going on. Sad!

Its clear have no idea what that $86 billion figure actually entails, otherwise you wouldn't keep throwing it out there.

This hyperpartisan bullshit is whats wrong with America today. You'd rather blindly cheer for your guy than actually try and figure out what is actually going on. Sad!

^^^ Ignores 5k rise in the Dow, in a single year. The largest/fastest gain in the history of the Dow.

Talks about blindly cheerleading...

From Nov 13 to Nov 4th (as close as I could get the chart to Election Day, of Obamas last year.

+ 643 points.

From Nov 4th until today.

+ 4983 points

Almost 5 fucking THOUSAND points. Almost 10x the gains as under Obama.

"But but but, it's the obama economy"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa.
Look at a graph of the Dow since 1980. It’s a moot point. It will rise under either party! Why? Because both parties only give a fuck about big buisness. Not you.

Look at a graph of the Dow since 1980. It’s a moot point. It will rise under either party! Why? Because both parties only give a fuck about big buisness. Not you.

That's not a bad point.

But the working class can hitch a ride on the upswing.

That's not a bad point.

But the working class can hitch a ride on the upswing.
That’s the trickle down bullshit that doesn’t work. If it was working we wouldnt see the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer. And the middle class are disappearing. Ultimately outsourcing America over seas is what killed this country. Greed.

Trump has been helping out his base and alleviating their most biggest problem:

What a moronic thread. Bob doesn't even try to explain why Trump deserves the credit for the market. He also fails to acknowledge the trend that was happening while Obama was in office.

And that all ignores the fact that the market is not a good indicator of the job the president is doing. Sure, the president can fuck things up but they get way to much credit for the good times. And I'm sure Bob will admit he was wrong if there is a recession and Trump has a terrible response to it.

The economic policies and budget which were passed under Obama are currently still what is in place. If you put potato sack, paper weight, or inanimate carbon rod in the White house, the economic climate at this point would be the same, since they also would not have gotten a budget or economic legislation passed.

What we are seeing is massive speculation based on what the market believes Trump will do while in office. This speculation could swing the opposite direction at any moment and the bubble will come down with it.

I work for one of the oldest and largest US companies and I can tell you, business has been soft for 3-4 years and our stock price hasn't moved and inch. Honestly, considering the future outlook the stock price should be dropping. I think this administration and the speculation behind it being good for business are keeping pricing artificially inflated and everyone behind the scenes is A OK with it as long as everyone can make a buck.

What we are seeing is massive speculation based on what the market believes Trump will do while in office. This speculation could swing the opposite direction at any moment and the bubble will come down with it.
Yeah, it will be interesting to see the responses if tax reform doesn't pass and the market takes a hit. And by interesting I mean difficult to even listen to all the lying, spinning and finger pointing that will ensue.

That’s the trickle down bullshit that doesn’t work. If it was working we wouldnt see the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer. And the middle class are disappearing. Ultimately outsourcing America over seas is what killed this country. Greed.

The poor isn't really getting poorer, they receive enough subsidies that they can sit of their lazy asses while collecting enough taxpayer money to live quite comfortably.

The middle has suffered under globalist policies that shipped our factories overseas. Both parties are guilty, same thing with illegal immigration.

Btw, it's apparent you have no better solution. You can't guarantee prosperity for everyone. I've certainly never received a paycheck from a poor person, you?

Speculation is always a huge part of the stock market. But the current economic environment already in place is a bigger part (as evident by the continuing trend). We may be a bit overvalued currently because of speculation, but the status of the economy would still most likely be strong even if there was a correction.

The poor isn't really getting poorer, they receive enough subsidies that they can sit of their lazy asses while collecting enough taxpayer money to live quite comfortably.

The middle has suffered under globalist policies that shipped our factories overseas. Both parties are guilty, same thing with illegal immigration.

Btw, it's apparent you have no better solution. You can't guarantee prosperity for everyone. I've certainly never received a paycheck from a poor person, you?
Do you ever take a step back and think about whether what you post is actually true before you post it? It's like you don't know anything yet pop on here posting as if you do.

Zoom out a couple years. You'll see he basically added 2k from where it was pre crash.

He did an ok job on the economy, but there pretty much had to be improvement from 6k where he took over.

I agree. It was the rebound effect. The market would have done that even if Rosie O'donnell was president. It is also important to point out that for the last 2 solid years of Obama's presidency the DOW stagnated and unemployment was very high when including work-force drop-outs. But to be fair to Obama the Saudi induced Crude crash is partly to blame for the DOW stagnation from 2014 to Trump's election.

But nobody can seriously claim that Trump has NOTHING to do with the DOW climbing 5023 points in 11.5 months as of today. And this WHILE the Saudis are still flooding the markets with oil. Whatcha gone do now House of Saud?

In any case, the investors are far more optimistic under Trump than they were under Obama. Towards the end of his presidency Obama was going full scorched earth on free enterprise and investors where scared a f.

And those who say that the DOW is not a reliable indicator for economic growth and health, I just simply disagree.

Trump's budget and policies haven't been in place long enough for an impact. All you can say is the economy was in an upswing from what Obama left, and possibly the upswing is a little steaper now with investors assuming Trump will do good things for big businesses

Really you don't know how a president is doing on the economy until at least their second year, good or bad

Taking this as an opportunity to praise Trump and bash Obama makes you look very simplistic and simply playing team politics with no critical thinking whatsoever

Reasonable adult....

giphy.gif

....Trump supporter.

Says it all.

Do you ever take a step back and think about whether what you post is actually true before you post it? It's like you don't know anything yet pop on here posting as if you do.

From the WaPo

However, it captures the underlying conclusion the researchers arrived at through this study: “For many recipients — especially long-term dependents — welfare pays more than the type of entry level job that a typical welfare recipient can expect to find. As long as this is true, many recipients are likely to choose welfare over work.” The researchers determined the benefits in a typical welfare package and found it paid more than a minimum wage job in 35 states, even after taxes. Minimum wage jobs are not the same as entry-level jobs.

Personal experience, I'm standing behind some bitch with a snap card buying some fancy ass lunch, while I'm buying a bag of freezer burritos.

WTF, I sound poor!!!

From the WaPo

However, it captures the underlying conclusion the researchers arrived at through this study: “For many recipients — especially long-term dependents — welfare pays more than the type of entry level job that a typical welfare recipient can expect to find. As long as this is true, many recipients are likely to choose welfare over work.” The researchers determined the benefits in a typical welfare package and found it paid more than a minimum wage job in 35 states, even after taxes. Minimum wage jobs are not the same as entry-level jobs.

Personal experience, I'm standing behind some bitch with a snap card buying some fancy ass lunch, while I'm buying a bag of freezer burritos.

WTF, I sound poor!!!
The numbers show that the majority of people get off of welfare and most of those that don't are either working, are disabled, children, etc.. That describes a small percentage of what happens.

And lol what is fancy to you, a salad?

Back