DP vs BSD/ Hermansson vs Pyfer?

Senbonzakura

Sakuraba- PrideFC Never Die!
@Brown
Reaction score
Recency bias has taken ahold of my thoughts regarding this matchup tonight.

Poirier is to BSD what Hermansson was to Pyfer yet even higher up on the ranking tier for BSD. Thus making this his toughest challenge to date.

One could argue that BSD shares similar strengths (huge power, great tdd, and excellent pressure) that can be said for Pyfer. Poirier has fight mileage in spades on BSD which could be a blessing and help him weather an early storm to adjust and find weaknesses in BSD game, similar to how Hermansson was able to roll with Pyfer's punches and exploit the weakness in his lower body defense.

Perhaps we can see a similar blueprint implimented from Poirier but with a more potent approach to get a finish in the later rounds against BSD.

DP's time is nearing an end but I think we will be blessed with a few more top notch performances before its all said and done

Discuss?

Last edited:
Fight AI says that Dustin will get cracked again
834390-33578986.png

I'm still rooting for Dustin though <Eek2.0>

On paper Dustin is just a far better fighter, and hell not even on paper, he is literally a better fighter technically, more experienced, more versatile. I'm not even convinced Saint Denis can do all that to him on the ground either, and honestly I would not be surprised at all if Dustin finally gets a guillotine finish, because Saint Denis keeps ducking his head down on every takedown attempt, just asking to get his neck snatched.

Some people are talking about Dustin losing to grapplers, yeah Khabib and Charles Oliveira, two of the best grapplers in the history of MMA. I see a guillotine honestly

I picked Dustin to win this one by late TKO or a UD. I think it will be like Justin/Fiziev and Hermanson/Pyfer.

But BSD is going to make it very very tough on Dustin and really make him work for this one

Recency bias has taken ahold of my thoughts regarding this matchup tonight.

Poirier is to BSD what Hermansson was to Pyfer yet even higher up on the ranking tier for BSD. Thus making this his toughest challenge to date.

One could argue that BSD shares similar strengths (huge power, great tdd, and excellent pressure) that can be said for Pyfer. Poirier has fight mileage in spades on BSD which could be a blessing and help him weather an early storm to adjust and find weaknesses in BSD game, similar to how Hermansson was able to roll with Pyfer's punches and exploit the weakness in his lower body defense.

Perhaps we can see a similar blueprint implimented from Poirier but with a more potent approach to get a finish in the later rounds against BSD.

DP's time is nearing an end but I think we will be blessed with a few more top notch performances before its all said and done

Discuss?
You should bet your life saving on it

BSD has shown more skill than pyfer has, and hermansson was skilled on the ground while Dustin isn’t

BSD has shown more skill than pyfer has, and hermansson was skilled on the ground while Dustin isn’t
Dustin's ground game is very underrated, and I don't really get why. He did better against Khabib than pretty much anyone else, and against Charles made the decision to stall out a round if he got put on his back, and said himself that he didn't want to take any risks in that fight. Maybe he showed too much respect early on and could have made his way back to his feet, but regardless, losing to those two in the grappling is understandable. Apart from those fights he's always been solid on the ground. Even in the Chandler fight he ate a headbutt before he started losing, and ended up getting a submission. Looked good against Hooker and Conor too.

Dustin's ground game is very underrated, and I don't really get why. He did better against Khabib than pretty much anyone else, and against Charles made the decision to stall out a round if he got put on his back, and said himself that he didn't want to take any risks in that fight. Maybe he showed too much respect early on and could have made his way back to his feet, but regardless, losing to those two in the grappling is understandable. Apart from those fights he's always been solid on the ground. Even in the Chandler fight he ate a headbutt before he started losing, and ended up getting a submission. Looked good against Hooker and Conor too.
Agreed Dustin's mma jiu-jitsu and ground game in general is above average. Go back and watch his early UFC fights and see why

He got 10-8d on the ground by chandler

This fight gonna have nerves bad. Don't want Dustin to put the gloves down to a brutal KO. Would love to see him give the Cowboy treatment to Hernandez . I like BSD but want DP to win.

This fight gonna have nerves bad. Don't want Dustin to put the gloves down to a brutal KO. Would love to see him give the Cowboy treatment to Hernandez . I like BSD but want DP to win.
BSD is nothing like Hernandez.
Hernandez was a boring big mouthed cunt. He deserved it and all the loses that came after it.

BSD is a JBG disciple and gave us nothing but violence.

Still going from fighting Frevola to Poirier with nothing in between is crazy. Giant step up in competition.

BSD is nothing like Hernandez.
Hernandez was a boring big mouthed cunt. He deserved it and all the loses that came after it.

BSD is a JBG disciple and gave us nothing but violence.

Still going from fighting Frevola to Poirier with nothing in between is crazy. Giant step up in competition.
Oh I agree they are nothing alike. I just want the old dog to put it on the big bad new breed as 1 last hurrah.

More worried for DPs consciousness in this one

Oh I agree they are nothing alike. I just want the old dog to put it on the big bad new breed as 1 last hurrah.

More worried for DPs consciousness in this one
If anything I think Dustin gets subbed and not knocked out.

I want BSD to win just to renew a little bit the division. Poirier has been up there for a while.

Back