Rumored Dricus Du Plessis confirms that his next fight will be in Australia (vs Izzy?)

Strickland rematch??

I dont even like Sean. But he put a hurting on Izzy and the DDP fight was close. Run it back, Izzy should have fought Khamzat

Strickland didn't have any defences and hasn't fought quite a few of the top middleweights, as well as obviously losing to DDP recently. Far from immediate rematch worthy.

Strickland didn't have any defences and hasn't fought quite a few of the top middleweights, as well as obviously losing to DDP recently. Far from immediate rematch worthy.
He put the absolute work on Izzy, it was borderline embarrassing

Thus making Izzy getting a title bid after talmbout "i might not be back til 2028" shit or whatever equally embarrassing, gtfo

It just makes more of a circus out of the sport. Getting a title shot off a loss should be something that happens from last minute injuries, not be scheduled for a card 5 numbered events from now

Why isn't this in Africa?

Also for the people upset about Izzy getting a shot...on the flip side Izzy losing to DDP would more than likely end in a post fight retirement. He ain't coming back from another loss.

Sean fought a really good fight and his style matched very well with Izzy's. Where as DDP's style doesn't. I just don't see a timeline where Izzy loses to him when it's an easier fight for him than Strickland.

The +450 for Strickland said otherwise.

Thats the thing ... no one thought Sean's style was matched him him up with with Izzy BEFORE they saw the fight.

in HINDSIGHT ... yea ... now most of us saw how Strickland had a good style matchup to beat Izzy.

I don't mind this fight.

The +450 for Strickland said otherwise.

Thats the thing ... no one thought Sean's style was matched him him up with with Izzy BEFORE they saw the fight.

in HINDSIGHT ... yea ... now most of us saw how Strickland had a good style matchup to beat Izzy.

Betting odds don't really mean shit. Izzy was coming off of a big KO win over Alex that KO'ed Sean. Of course he would be the betting favorite. I wouldn't say no one thought Seans style matched up with Izzy's. I know myself and some others were saying that his style would possibly give Izzy some trouble. Just didn't expect it to shut him down completely.

Most likely, but getting a title-shot coming from a decisive loss? Come on..
Normally I'd agree with you, but you need to use some common sense when complaining about this.

The #1 and #2 contenders are Strickland and Izzy, and both of them would be coming off of losses. Robert Whittaker is the highest ranked contender coming off a win -- and I'm a huge Whittaker fan, but Whittaker getting the title shot over Izzy and Strickland just doesn't make much sense. Also Whittaker is already fighting Khamzat, and Cannonier is definitely not getting a title shot over Izzy or Strickland.

In this particular case, whichever of the 2 top contenders gets the title shot will be coming of a loss, so complaining about it is not warranted.

Betting odds don't really mean shit. Izzy was coming off of a big KO win over Alex that KO'ed Sean. Of course he would be the betting favorite. I wouldn't say no one thought Seans style matched up with Izzy's. I know myself and some others were saying that his style would possibly give Izzy some trouble. Just didn't expect it to shut him down completely.

Betting odds don't mean shit?
But ur in hindsight post does?

Lmao

You should bet your house next time.

Lol I can imagine Adesanya being absolutely terrified of being booed in Africa and begged the UFC to make it in Aussie instead

The controversial nature of the decision is what people lean their opinions against to keep it upright.

Betting odds don't mean shit?
But ur in hindsight post does?

Lmao

You should bet your house next time.
Betting odds don't really mean shit because fighters aren't a constant. They aren't always going to show up and do the right things every time. It only gives you an idea of who will win, not who is guaranteed to win. You're not getting the point of my "hindsight" post. The point of it was to say that just because betting odds were in favor of Izzy and a lot of people believed he would win does not mean EVERYONE believed it. You're talking as if no one on this planet could have thought Sean wouldn't do well against Izzy when that's just not the case at all. If you said "most people" believed Izzy would win or "not many" though Sean had a chance instead of talking in absolutes I'd have said nothing.

DDP stole Izzy's African fans, now he's gonna scoop up what fans Izzy has left in Australia.

Wouldn't surprise me, a lot seem to hate Izzy here, think cause of what he did to Whittaker. I can't hate on the guy at all, he's been a great fighter

With Izzy vs Strickland the Aussie crowds were pro-Strickland at all the live events that week.

Do they hate Izzy? Will Dricus get the fans behind him like Strickland did?

It’s an interesting dynamic, imo.

Of course, why wouldn’t a guy with a 1-2 record in his last 3 fights, while coming off of an embarrassing loss, get a title shot in the modern UFC?
Oh, and so much for UFC Africa. 😂
Defenitely not because he is easily the 2nd best MW fighter of all time, lapped the division fighting as often as possible as a champion, brutally slept Alex Pereira to be the first ever to regain the MW title, is one of the only major stars in the UFC who's name sells PPV buys, is pretty close to local to Australia, and has never turned down a fight. Modern UFC should give an immediate rematch to a guy that never defended the title. You make a great point.

Defenitely not because he is easily the 2nd best MW fighter of all time, lapped the division fighting as often as possible as a champion, brutally slept Alex Pereira to be the first ever to regain the MW title, is one of the only major stars in the UFC who's name sells PPV buys, is pretty close to local to Australia, and has never turned down a fight. Modern UFC should give an immediate rematch to a guy that never defended the title. You make a great point.
You realise that New Zealand is another fucking country right?

Australia doesn't like him. As I stated in a different thread, we'd happily cheer for anyone who was fighting against him.

With Izzy vs Strickland the Aussie crowds were pro-Strickland at all the live events that week.

Do they hate Izzy? Will Dricus get the fans behind him like Strickland did?

It’s an interesting dynamic, imo.
Um yeah, if this fight happens, we'll be cheering Dricus, not the dog molesting weeb.

I think Izzy is a threat to the handsome era. But hoping DPP double pens him. Get working on that wrestling!

Back