Rumored Dricus Du Plessis confirms that his next fight will be in Australia (vs Izzy?)

You realise that New Zealand is another fucking country right?

Australia doesn't like him. As I stated in a different thread, we'd happily cheer for anyone who was fighting against him.

No, I had no idea, thanks for the geography lesson, but you gotta a bit of a potty mouth there buster.

All that beautiful coast ya'll got there must be making you way too salty, sorry Izzy smoked the only fighter you got twice but to his credit DDP smoked him too so he's probably used to it by now.

You so salty you don't even realize you are making the point for why Izzy gets the fight if he wants it. You will happily cheer against him others will happily cheer for him, so Izzy fight makes everyone happy, what's your problem with people being happy?

No, I had no idea, thanks for the geography lesson, but you gotta a bit of a potty mouth there buster.

All that beautiful coast ya'll got there must be making you way too salty, sorry Izzy smoked the only fighter you got twice but to his credit DDP smoked him too so he's probably used to it by now.

You so salty you don't even realize you are making the point for why Izzy gets the fight if he wants it. You will happily cheer against him others will happily cheer for him, so Izzy fight makes everyone happy, what's your problem with people being happy?
I have a potty mouth? Oh go and eat a dick. What are we, in elementary school?

I disliked him LONG before he beat Rob. Many actually had Rob winning the second fight.

It's a matter of someone who not only lost but was EMBARRASSED in their last fight getting a title shot after being 2-1 in his last 3... and he's also a giant douche. Strickland and Cannonier are both FAR more deserving than Izzy.

I have a potty mouth? Oh go and eat a dick. What are we, in elementary school?
I mean yea, maybe there is a language barrier here but if you ate dicks in elementary school then that is a little different than what we do in schools over here and would definitely meet our definition of a potty mouth. No wonder you are so eager to project embarrassment on others. Izzy wants to fight DDP, DDP wants to fight Izzy no one cares who you think is "deserving"

I mean yea, maybe there is a language barrier here but if you ate dicks in elementary school then that is a little different than what we do in schools over here and would definitely meet our definition of a potty mouth. No wonder you are so eager to project embarrassment on others. Izzy wants to fight DDP, DDP wants to fight Izzy no one cares who you think is "deserving"
I was talking about people whining like little bitches over "naughty" words, being like those in elementary school (we call it primary school) but I am used to converting it for those that know nothing about the rest of the world... aka Americans.

Talking about elementary school kids eating dicks certainly speaks volumes as to where your brain is at though... let me guess, you're a registered Democrat?

If I made a thread after DDP became champ and Izzy (1-2 over his last 3 title shots) was in a state of retirement following a lopsided loss with no further fights under his belt and I said:
"Hey guys, great idea... let's give Izzy another title shot. But it gets better. Let's ignore that Africa vs Africa angle and NOT make it in Africa at all. Let's not make it in New Zealand or US at all either. Let's pick Australia!! Why you ask? Well I can't say it has anything to do with the champ BUT that country kind of almost has a similar accent to the challenger! Cool, right?"

I would be attacked relentlessly (and rightfully so). Yet the UFC does this comedy act and reception is relatively warm. That PR machine really is something else.

The last title fight in Aus was Izzy and Strickland. Izzy took a beating in that fight. So signs do point towards Izzy. But maybe with the lack of grammar he meant 'someone wants another beating, in australia' Which could indicate Sean. Either way, book it Dana.

Defenitely not because he is easily the 2nd best MW fighter of all time, lapped the division fighting as often as possible as a champion, brutally slept Alex Pereira to be the first ever to regain the MW title, is one of the only major stars in the UFC who's name sells PPV buys, is pretty close to local to Australia, and has never turned down a fight. Modern UFC should give an immediate rematch to a guy that never defended the title. You make a great point.
I forgot that this isn’t a real sport and instead, a popularity contest where you can walk into a title shot coming off of a loss because of what you did once upon a time. In that case, you make great points.

Makes sense as most of the rest of the possible title contenders are not options.
Cannonier was just booked, Whittaker vs Khamzat is booked, and I never thought they'd prefer Izzy over an immediate rematch with Strickland

Horrible matchmaking, Izzy got spanked by Strickland for 5 rounds his last fight, how had he earned an immediate title shot at a guy who split Sean?

Horrible matchmaking, Izzy got spanked by Strickland for 5 rounds his last fight, how had he earned an immediate title shot at a guy who split Sean?
I agree but....the reality of the situation is that the UFC has invested millions of dollars in Adesanya and they're a business and they want a Return on their Investment. Whilst it's entirely true that Adesanya got dominated in his last fight, it is no surprise at all to see the UFC gift him an immediate title-shot against du Plessis. (and it WILL be Adesanya vs du Plessis in August).

I think UFC have told Dricus "look we cannot do UFC Africa at this time, blah blah, but accept the Perth fight against our boy Adesanya, and win that fight, & then we guarantee you that we'll fix you up a PPV in South Africa for your next fight."

Adesanya for his part is cashing in his Dana White Privilege by saying he wants this fight in Oz as it's near-ish home territory.
Won't make much difference, I predict the crowd will be heavily pro-Dricus in Perth. Nobody really cares for Adesanya in Oz (IMHO) and that's no surprise given what a weirdo he is. Dricus is FAR more your stereotypical dude who the Australians take to.

Hope everyone stays injury free, good camps all round, and it's an epic battle and no controversy with weird fouls or weird stoppages or anything like that. I like the fight and I'll be a happy guy if Dricus wins. I don't trust the judges AT ALL if it's a close fight (they'll give it to Adesanya if it's even remotely close) so ....Dricus prob should try hard for a sub or KO. Constant pressure and volume shots, push Adesanya back all the time, bit like Sean did..... good key to victory.

Betting odds don't really mean shit because fighters aren't a constant. They aren't always going to show up and do the right things every time. It only gives you an idea of who will win, not who is guaranteed to win. You're not getting the point of my "hindsight" post. The point of it was to say that just because betting odds were in favor of Izzy and a lot of people believed he would win does not mean EVERYONE believed it. You're talking as if no one on this planet could have thought Sean wouldn't do well against Izzy when that's just not the case at all. If you said "most people" believed Izzy would win or "not many" though Sean had a chance instead of talking in absolutes I'd have said nothing.
I think you are taking the "everyone" way too literally.

Take 100 people and try to get them to all agree on anything is next to impossible.

So of course NOT LiTERALLY everyone.

Ask people who would win in MMA ... Mayweather vs Khabib ... guarantee you will get a few saying "Mayweather can catch him".

Fact the VAST MAJORITY if that helps ... thought Sean was gonna be a super easy fight for Izzy. The VAST MAJORITY including myself was wrong. So I'm personally not gonna count DDP out for the same reason anymore.

Do you understand me now?

I think you are taking the "everyone" way too literally.

Take 100 people and try to get them to all agree on anything is next to impossible.

So of course NOT LiTERALLY everyone.

Ask people who would win in MMA ... Mayweather vs Khabib ... guarantee you will get a few saying "Mayweather can catch him".

Fact the VAST MAJORITY if that helps ... thought Sean was gonna be a super easy fight for Izzy. The VAST MAJORITY including myself was wrong. So I'm personally not gonna count DDP out for the same reason anymore.

Do you understand me now?
Maybe I was taking it too literally.

Izzy's old news.
Ducked both Alex & Strickland rematches to fight DDP in hopes of a quick title.
A douchy move.

bout time izzy got a title shot.

he had the most mw title defences after canderson.

why he wasnt given an immediate rematch with strickcan blows my mind.

I think they book it because they can sell out giant arenas. They can add Bobby, JDM and that bloke who converted to Islam to that card. I don't know if Volk should fight or not. He is at the age where he can't afford to sit out but he also needs some rest.

I forgot that this isn’t a real sport and instead, a popularity contest where you can walk into a title shot coming off of a loss because of what you did once upon a time. In that case, you make great points.

Well since you don't seem to be familiar at all with this sport, let me try to explain it to you. Your attempt to dismiss his accomplishments as having anything to do with popularity just shows how completely irrational you are.

Winning title fights in this sport matters and Israel Adesanya has done it more times than everyone but a handful of other fighters in history and none of it happened "once upon a time". If you were watching you would know Israel has competed in 11 straight title fights in the last 4 years, he isn't walking into anything.

Back