Media Dricus Du Plessis poses with the UFC belt ahead of Strickland fight

2Vozyry.jpg

Cocksure, confident DDP. Angry, stand-offish, edgelord Strickland. The title fight we never knew we wanted, but the one the forum sorely needed.

True.

It'll be nice to see a MW title fight with both fighters actually trying to fight each other, head-to-head, rather than one always backpedaling, evading, and avoiding the conflict ... like Izzy spent his entire career doing.

This fight isn't going to be very pretty, but it should be exciting.

Last edited:
Of course Sean beat Izzy, but it seemed that he just had his number. You consider Sean too much for DDP? How do you think he'll beat him?
I think DDP will do good for the first 2 rds, it'll get pretty hairy even for Sean. If Sean gets past that then I think Sean takes over and puts on a clinic. People underestimate how good Sean is everywhere. DDP has the power to take out Sean, if he doesn't he's gonna be in trouble in the later rds imo. DDP also gets hit pretty easy as well.

Everyone is judging DDP off his last performance against a (likely) injured and (possibly) washed Whittaker. I've doubted DDP all the way so maybe I'm in for another surprise but I don't see him as the wrecking ball everyone else apparently does. His performances against Till, Brunson, and Tavares were borderline embarrassing. He showed nothing in those fights that should worry Strickland.

He has crash, bang, walloped his way to the #1 contender spot. I think the run ends on Saturday.

Back