Dricus du Plessis reveals fine for jumping fence to meet Donald Trump

Kowboy On Sherdog

Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
b1678ae088954e49b182867a1a80f59b_md.jpg

Dricus Du Plessis (20-2) paid a considerable price for jumping out of the Octagon to meet Donald Trump at UFC 290.

“Stillknocks” is slated to challenge Sean Strickland (28-5) for the middleweight title at UFC 297 on Jan. 20 in Toronto. The South African earned the shot with a second-round knockout over former champ Robert Whittaker at UFC 290 in July. Following his stoppage win over “The Reaper”, du Plessis jumped over the fence to greet former United States President Donald Trump, resulting in a $10,000 fine. The fine did not come as a surprise as the South African, who had admittedly been warned of the consequences several times. However, du Plessis found it “too cool” of an opportunity to let go.

“That was the initial fine for jumping over the cage. They said – they told us beforehand – if you jump over [the fence], you’re getting a $10,000 fine,” the 29-year-old said in an interview with Fight in Sight. “I was like, ‘I don’t know why you guys keep on hammering about me jumping over the fence, I’ve never done it before. It was literally the last instruction I got just before walking into the cage.”

b1678ae088954e49b182867a1a80f59b_md.jpg

Dricus Du Plessis (20-2) paid a considerable price for jumping out of the Octagon to meet Donald Trump at UFC 290.

“Stillknocks” is slated to challenge Sean Strickland (28-5) for the middleweight title at UFC 297 on Jan. 20 in Toronto. The South African earned the shot with a second-round knockout over former champ Robert Whittaker at UFC 290 in July. Following his stoppage win over “The Reaper”, du Plessis jumped over the fence to greet former United States President Donald Trump, resulting in a $10,000 fine. The fine did not come as a surprise as the South African, who had admittedly been warned of the consequences several times. However, du Plessis found it “too cool” of an opportunity to let go.

“That was the initial fine for jumping over the cage. They said – they told us beforehand – if you jump over [the fence], you’re getting a $10,000 fine,” the 29-year-old said in an interview with Fight in Sight. “I was like, ‘I don’t know why you guys keep on hammering about me jumping over the fence, I’ve never done it before. It was literally the last instruction I got just before walking into the cage.”

It was the greatest fence jump ever. Everyone said, I have never seen a greater fence jump than that. The crooked UFC put a fence between me and president Trump, but we overcame that, okay? Now the establishment UFC is going to fine me like you wouldn't believe. But that's okay. You know why? I have paid many many fines, and believe me, this is nothing. We are going to make fence jump great again

<TheDonald>

It was the greatest fence jump ever. Everyone said, I have never seen a greater fence jump than that. The crooked UFC put a fence between me and president Trump, but we overcame that, okay? Now the establishment UFC is going to fine me like you wouldn't believe. But that's okay. You know why? I have paid many many fines, and believe me, this is nothing. We are going to make fence jump great again

<TheDonald>
I hear that in Shane Gillis voice doing his impersonation of the Don....

This sounds like TDS.

You get a fine for jumping the fence with or without trump

Back