Duck Alert! Hearn Low Balls Ortiz - fight is off

If 4 mil is the offer literally lol @ Hearn. What a twat if thats the number.

I don't understand your mentality. You're literally desperate for any decent opponent to duck Joshua over money. Why should AJ take a paycut from what he was going to get just to give Ortiz a big payday. If Ortiz isn't willing to accept an offer that is probably more than his entire career earnings, then that's his problem, not Hearn's.

You are an actual idiot and so desperate to flip the script. You've been visibly upset ever since it become obvious Wilder was ducking AJ.

Turning down 4m for the chance to fight for the number 1 spot is utterly embarrassing. Especially coming from a guy who makes 500k max. If he thinks he is worth more than that, maybe he should ask himself why he isn't...

No reason at all why he should reject that offer, these heavyweights are pathetic.

Only one of them willing to fight everyone.

I don't understand your mentality. You're literally desperate for any decent opponent to duck Joshua over money. Why should AJ take a paycut from what he was going to get just to give Ortiz a big payday. If Ortiz isn't willing to accept an offer that is probably more than his entire career earnings, then that's his problem, not Hearn's.
It's a valid point though. Why is Hearn offering $6.5mil to Miller but not Ortiz?

It's a valid point though. Why is Hearn offering $6.5mil to Miller but not Ortiz?

What's that got to do with Ortiz? He's being offered a golden opportunity for a minimum of 4x his highest purse.

These heavyweights who have achieved nothing at all of merit in the division, like Ortiz, should be less concerned about what other fighters are making and focusing on making themselves good money.

The entitlement is ridiculous and it's proven by his team thinking he is a top 3 heavyweight. He shouldn't be concerned with what Miller was making, he was fighting in his backyard for a start and was promoting the fight heavily.

Why does Ortiz only make 500k against Wilder but expect to make more than 4 million against AJ? It's clearly not him bringing the money.

What's that got to do with Ortiz? He's being offered a golden opportunity for a minimum of 4x his highest purse.

These heavyweights who have achieved nothing at all of merit in the division, like Ortiz, should be less concerned about what other fighters are making and focusing on making themselves good money.

The entitlement is ridiculous and it's proven by his team thinking he is a top 3 heavyweight. He shouldn't be concerned with what Miller was making, he was fighting in his backyard for a start and was promoting the fight heavily.

Why does Ortiz only make 500k against Wilder but expect to make more than 4 million against AJ? It's clearly not him bringing the money.
He's ranked higher than Miller by pretty much everyone, he's fought for a world title before, and he's saving the main event. He deserves the same amount of money that Miller got offered, just off good faith from Hearn for saving the fight imo.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's Hearn's fault this fight isn't happening and Ortiz isn't top 3 either, but it's pretty shitty of him to offer Luis Ortiz $2.5mil less. It also just gives ammo to people who hate Hearn to use against him.

Obviously, like you, they’re thinking in 20th century, ppv terms. DAZN is paying fighter’s independent of the revenue. They’re offering fighter’s a set amount, GUARANTEED. There is no “revenue split” fighting on DAZN.

Stop calling career high pay days and a chance at three belts “shit sandwiches.” That’s delusional. I guess they can continue on making garbage PBC money on regular showtime, because other than Pac-Man, not a single fighter in that stable that can carry a PPV on their own.
Like me, fighters are wanting to know theyre getting a fair slice of the pie.

Dazn just tossing out set numbers doesnt provide that information.

“Career high pay day” means jack shit if theyre only getting a small piece of the revenue that theyre fight will generate.

You are an actual idiot and so desperate to flip the script. You've been visibly upset ever since it become obvious Wilder was ducking AJ.

Turning down 4m for the chance to fight for the number 1 spot is utterly embarrassing. Especially coming from a guy who makes 500k max. If he thinks he is worth more than that, maybe he should ask himself why he isn't...

No reason at all why he should reject that offer, these heavyweights are pathetic.

Only one of them willing to fight everyone.
Keep tossing out insults and let me know how that works our for you.

Your also entirely wrong. Im highly critical of Wilder turning down the Dazn offer. I thought that was a fantastic deal.

Well thats absolutely false as I want to see AJ fight everyone. I love watching him fight.

How anyone can justify Ortiz getting less than Miller is truly beyond me.

Theres the answer as to why everyone wants to know what AJ will get. Because they want to know what % theyre getting of the revenue.

Stop thinking everyone should eat whatever shit sandwich Hearn feeds them.

Lol $4m plus, shit sandwich for a title shot you haven’t earned. Bet it doesn’t taste that bad!

Lol $4m plus, shit sandwich for a title shot you haven’t earned. Bet it doesn’t taste that bad!
4m for a fight that will probably pull in 40 million? To take a fight youre likely going to get your ass kicked on short notice? Less than Miller was getting?

Yes. Shit sandwich.

Like me, fighters are wanting to know theyre getting a fair slice of the pie.

Dazn just tossing out set numbers doesnt provide that information.

“Career high pay day” means jack shit if theyre only getting a small piece of the revenue that theyre fight will generate.
Makes perfect sense....accept 50% of 1mill but reject 20% of 40million.

I guess if they were good at math they would be accountants?

No ones even said he’s been offered less. It was rumoured miller was getting 6.5m. Not sure how reliable that tweet is but if true, $4m plus could be same as miller? I don’t see why they would offer less unless it’s a negotiation starting point. Ortiz doesn’t want the fight, that is pretty clear

4m for a fight that will probably pull in 40 million? To take a fight youre likely going to get your ass kicked on short notice? Less than Miller was getting?

Yes. Shit sandwich.

How do you know it was less than miller, or the exact figure miller was getting. It’s still all speculation

I will never understand why an elite level athlete will turn down a kings ransom and an opportunity like this. This only seems to happen in HW boxing though, and in no other sport or most other divisions. If Ortiz or Whyte won’t take the fight because they’re resigned to lose, then I don’t want to see them fight Joshua.

Maybe the constant lowball criticism is that these guys don’t want it with Joshua. I’ve never entertained that thought before because of the huge rewards if they win. It now seems likely to me!

Last edited:
No ones even said he’s been offered less. It was rumoured miller was getting 6.5m. Not sure how reliable that tweet is but if true, $4m plus could be same as miller? I don’t see why they would offer less unless it’s a negotiation starting point. Ortiz doesn’t want the fight, that is pretty clear
True.

If it is less, then this is the way I look at it.

Let's say you're getting car insurance and your friend is a worse driver with a worse record than you. Your friend gets a price that's way better than yours, so you'd feel ripped off, right? The problem is you can't really complain because the deal is like 10 times better than you'd get from anyone else.

There's no proof that he was offered less than Miller. What we do know for sure though is that everything from Ortiz' camp as soon as the Miller fight fell through has been that Ortiz won't take the fight. Precisely what has happened, with them working through multiple excuses on the way to finding one that they hope they can get away with.

Well thats absolutely false as I want to see AJ fight everyone. I love watching him fight.

How anyone can justify Ortiz getting less than Miller is truly beyond me.

That's false, because you accuse Hearn of lowballing and AJ of ducking before offers are even made.

HW gave us a few good fights the past couple of years and some hope were actually going to fight the best on a regular basis.

Now we're back to the same old same old. It's disappointing.

Last edited:
Its clear that AJ has the other top heavyweights' promoters running scared...none of them want their guy to loose to AJ.....seems like they have little faith in their fighters. I also think this reflects how people see boxing these days one or two loses and your career is over.....it shouldn't be like that

That's false, because you accuse Hearn of lowballing and AJ of ducking before offers are even made.
I havent mentioned AJ in literally any of this. At all lol.

Keep tossing out insults and let me know how that works our for you.

Your also entirely wrong. Im highly critical of Wilder turning down the Dazn offer. I thought that was a fantastic deal.

You weren't highly critical at all, stop telling blatant lies.

You pretended to be critical, but quickly went back to 'these heavyweights need to just fight each other' rather than focusing on Wilder.

Everyone knows that if it was AJ you'd have no worries focusing on him. So many people have pointed out this issue with you, you think they are all wrong?

Might be time for some honest reflection.

Its clear that AJ has the other top heavyweights' promoters running scared...none of them want their guy to loose to AJ.....seems like they have little faith in their fighters. I also think this reflects how people see boxing these days one or two loses and your career is over.....it shouldn't be like that

That is until you remember Hearn IS Whyte's promoter

What seem clear is that Joshua or his handlers love presenting these "fake offers" to difficult opponents to make it seem he is willing to fight anyone. Presenting financially one sided offers is like me insulting mike tyson (or some tough guy) on his twitter to make me seem tough, when I have no intention of getting anywhere near him, many of the usual suspect joshua fans lapping it up as per usual

You guys still going round and round in circles about this shit?

Back