Duck Alert! Hearn Low Balls Ortiz - fight is off

Any fighter being a fucking bitch on social media about how much they are being paid needs to take a long long hard look at themselves.

What would these guys be doing if they couldnt box?

Stop being a Unionist and talk boxing
You do realize youre in all the same discussions I am?

Any fighter being a fucking bitch on social media about how much they are being paid needs to take a long long hard look at themselves.

That is talking boxing, so when you heard any of your favorites made some bad decisions and is shit poor now you just didn’t give a fuck? If you just turn the channel and to your eyes it’s just some rock em sock em then might as well watch youtube backyard boxing or stream some cock fights on fb live in the caribbeans.

I don’t deny anyones talent but I don’t follow guys that are assholes or racist etc, it’s about fights getting made but it’s a lie to say your persona doesn’t impact your take on the sport. Not trying to start shit if anything I rather see Ruiz jr get in there anyways.

Hum. I’m gonna have to disagree. “ What would they be doing if they couldn’t box?” Well they can and do. It’s their profession. Boxing is a business and should be treated as such by the fighters, or for their best interest by their handlers. They are the top in the world at what they do. Why should I or anyone tell another man what is fair compensation for his effort? You do realize they have very short careers compared to most professions? They have to earn in 15yrs or so what most men do in 35 or 40yrs. Plus every fight could be their last, the end of income for them and their families.

6.5 Million is a low ball offer? If that # is correct, Ortiz’ people are fucking idiots.

13 times the Wilder purse? GTFO with that shit, you simply don’t want your boy in there with AJ.

That is until you remember Hearn IS Whyte's promoter

What seem clear is that Joshua or his handlers love presenting these "fake offers" to difficult opponents to make it seem he is willing to fight anyone. Presenting financially one sided offers is like me insulting mike tyson (or some tough guy) on his twitter to make me seem tough, when I have no intention of getting anywhere near him, many of the usual suspect joshua fans lapping it up as per usual

Whyte is pricing himself out (for now) these other low ball offers are still multiple times their previous highest earnings or career total earnings which they should be as the fights will make more money than their previous ones. The A side in all these fights is AJ which is why none of these guys have earned anything like this previously.

Hearn is offering money which some would say is over paying to try and get AJ the fights. If these fighters, or my likely their promoters, thought they were in with a shot of winning they would take it as imagine the position they are in afterwards.

DAZN offered wilder 100m how is that low ball? I really don't know what hearn is expected to do? Offer Ortiz 50/50 to take the fight at short notice and bring nothing to the table other than a out of shape aging fighter who was KO'd by wilder?

So Hearn wants to come out with the exact numbers next week, that'll be interesting... and it looks like either Ruiz or Hunter is going to be the opponent. More likely Ruiz, because Hunter has already a fight scheduled for the Usyk-Takam event.

meh, i never liked that attitude. someone accepting a job because they have no alternative does not give their handlers a free pass to exploit them.

that said, ortiz refusing not only a career-high payday, but one 8-13 times higher than the previous one, is fucking ridiculous. for a fighter of his stature, making the money he's making, this is the kind of money he can comfortably retire on.

So Hearn wants to come out with the exact numbers next week, that'll be interesting... and it looks like either Ruiz or Hunter is going to be the opponent. More likely Ruiz, because Hunter has already a fight scheduled for the Usyk-Takam event.

I'll take the Ruiz fight tbh.

Ortiz was offered £3.8 mil <45>Too many greedy capitalist cunts in this thread.

Ortiz was offered £3.8 mil <45>Too many greedy capitalist cunts in this thread.

Did you change it to sterling to make it sound worse?

It's now being reported he has rejected the final offer of $7m

AJ ducked by both Wilder and Ortiz now.

And was demanding double that, this one is a two way blame.
Well, that's how negotiations go; but I'm guessing that's Hearns number, as he offered the same bullshit to Whyte.
So it looks like Andy Ruiz, havent seen much of him, does he have a chance?

I'm actually embarassed for Ortiz now. He and his team seemingly would rather try and screw over Hearn than earn the money that would make his entire career worthwhile.

And still we will get people on here accusing Hearn/AJ of lowballing Ortiz.

Well, that's how negotiations go; but I'm guessing that's Hearns number, as he offered the same bullshit to Whyte.
So it looks like Andy Ruiz, havent seen much of him, does he have a chance?

Probably not, had a close fight with Parker, some think he should have won, a very drawish kind of fight.

Really?

If that’s true, it’s a duck.

lol i was laughing at him refusing $4M, but if it's actually 7, then he's either braindead stupid or has horrible management.

i'd understand him turning down a 7M fight had he already made tens of millions of dollars during his career. he hasn't, and he's old. you're getting an undeserved shot at the kingpin of the division for a shitload of cash and you price yourself out, just to stick it to them. superb logic, my hat is off to you mr ortiz.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back