Duckman aka Caio Terra really butthurt his old buds

Everything you described is building goodwill with your customers.
You confirmed it is a service and a product created by your boss and you work for him.

You almost have a very cynical view of the world. Alot of what I do at work is based on those 10 things as I try to do the best I can. I guess it's because I want to go do a good job, get promoted, and make more money.

But I also do that with family and friends. And even my jiu jitsu friends....but yet I don't make any money off them?

You almost have a very cynical view of the world. Alot of what I do at work is based on those 10 things as I try to do the best I can. I guess it's because I want to go do a good job, get promoted, and make more money.

But I also do that with family and friends. And even my jiu jitsu friends....but yet I don't make any money off them?

I am cynical of people that use the word family as a cover for their profit oriented business.

I am cynical of people that use the word family as a cover for their profit oriented business.

What if we haven't made a cent in 3 years and reinvested back into our association and affiliates?

But hell yes it's a service and a lot of work :)

Why would you join an association if you didn't get any benefit? Good vibes, open mat free Bjj is great till you have to pay the bills

On a side note it's the same service I provide to my friends who aren't affiliated and pay nothing to me.

No kidding. "We value family more than business. But it's $200 a month to be in the family and if you're late on payment you're out"

Just be honest. It's a business. A sense of family and camaraderie might develop if the vibe is right, but that will mostly be between students of a particular generation (in terms of when they started training, not age).
It's actually $120 for unlimited classes at Ares HQ in Ceres, Ca. I'm Samir's student and he has been very cool with me for the whole time that I been knowing him.

It's actually $120 for unlimited classes at Ares HQ in Ceres, Ca. I'm Samir's student and he has been very cool with me for the whole time that I been knowing him.

He has a pretty rigorous seminar and competition schedule. I'm curious, who teaches in his absence?

It's an exciting time for Bay Area BJJ though. For along time there was only a handful of choices.Now there are quite a few really good options out there.

Hum.

I am very weary of anyone using the world family and BJJ in one sentence.

It never ends well.

meh me and my training partners refer to ourselves as family from time to time. and it really feels that way sometimes. i see these guys more than my actual family and we legitimately care about each others well beings.

Quiexinho teaches there full time now as well. He just moved to Modesto.

I meant in the past.Before Quiexinho came. BTW, you are really fortunate to get him.Awesome instructor and a really good guy.I knew we wouldn't have him long,but was still really disappointed when I heard he was leaving.

But hell yes it's a service and a lot of work :)

Why would you join an association if you didn't get any benefit? Good vibes, open mat free Bjj is great till you have to pay the bills

On a side note it's the same service I provide to my friends who aren't affiliated and pay nothing to me.

I've known Nick since probably my second or third week in Jiu Jitsu. That was six years ago. He left everything in Oregon to start up CTA and take OSS to the next level, and that's after helping some other awesome people get Portland Judo off the ground. In all that time, I've never gotten the impression he's in this for anything other than growing jiu jitsu and helpinghis friends. Caio and CTA seem to be more of a vehicle for that than anything else.

I remember one time a while back jokingly asking him why he hasn't sponsored me with a gi, despite being a bog standard purple belt. His answer, "Give your life to jiu jitsu and I'll sponsor you."

This is all to say that I have no idea why Quexihno and Samir left CTA (I'm not in the association) but I can't imagine it has to do with money grubbing or any other such nonsense.

I meant in the past.Before Quiexinho came. BTW, you are really fortunate to get him.Awesome instructor and a really good guy.I knew we wouldn't have him long,but was still really disappointed when I heard he was leaving.
Before Kristina Barlaan used to come through, Vinicius Agudo from soul fighters, Vitor Paschoal used to fill in when they first started. Samir always brings someone good.

I've known Nick since probably my second or third week in Jiu Jitsu. That was six years ago. He left everything in Oregon to start up CTA and take OSS to the next level, and that's after helping some other awesome people get Portland Judo off the ground. In all that time, I've never gotten the impression he's in this for anything other than growing jiu jitsu and helpinghis friends. Caio and CTA seem to be more of a vehicle for that than anything else.

I remember one time a while back jokingly asking him why he hasn't sponsored me with a gi, despite being a bog standard purple belt. His answer, "Give your life to jiu jitsu and I'll sponsor you."

This is all to say that I have no idea why Quexihno and Samir left CTA (I'm not in the association) but I can't imagine it has to do with money grubbing or any other such nonsense.

Thanks bro!

Anyway, been hyper focused on gym and association. We are opening second gym up north.

Every one at Cesar's, you guys got Guga and heard he's a stud. Him, Kim and Yuri are best friends so you'll probably see them dropping by from time to time.

Politics aside we all love the same thing!

Back