Dumbest thing you've heard

It may be tough now, but life does get easier.

I just had a flashback. I remember someone from our friend group at the time brought his gf to a party. The whole night we were drinking, smoking cigs, and eating burnt meat. Then someone brought some Doritos over, and the aforementioned guy immediately started scarfing some down.

His gf looked at him, lit cigarette in hand and said "omg wtf those things like perpetuate cancer. You need to stop eating those or you're gonna die". I thought it was a joke, but then she proceeded to say perpetuate and cancer for like 5mins straight in what she probably thought was a fucking med school lecture. Smoked the whole cigarette too.

Equally stupid, he once said "she's brilliant man you just gotta talk to her and get to know her".

JFC

<Hendricks02>

End rant.

Back in the day, one of my friends said, “Babies come out of their mom’s ass.” I told him they come out of her vagina. He did not believe me.

Another friend of mine, who was a bit older than me, was telling me what sex was when I was like 6 or 7. I had a pretty good idea about it being the man laying on the woman, sucking her tits, and probably putting his penis in her vagina. But that’s all I knew because I had only seen sex scenes in movies. My friend told me the man pees in the woman’s vagina.

When I was a bit older, a bunch of my friends were convinced that you would kill a woman if you blew into her vagina while you went down on her.

And still, none of this shit is as dumb as the shit RFK says on a daily basis.

I hear religious people say dumb shit all the time. How they believe the nonsense they spew is beyond me. Especially cult members of the Abrahamic tradition.

I think one of the dumbest things I've ever heard is that LED lighting uses more electricity than conventional lighting. LED lighting uses the latest technology. They use 80% less electricity than halogen bulbs and are designed to last about 25,000 hours on average! They operate at a lower temperature than any other bulb, and are available in warm and cool whites. This is probably the reason my commercial light supplier only uses this type of lighting.

Last edited:
“I’ll always have student loans. I don’t even know how much I owe”

Did you hear him out?

What where the options?

I'm just Eastern European.

Apparently white is a club only reserved to the very elite and physical appearance isn't the only requirement. A nations historical achievements (Conquests, colonies, empires, etc.) and financial prosperity also are part of the equation.

I thought I could pass, since I'm 1/4 German, but the one drop rule doesn't work in my favour here. :/

Last edited:
I'm just Eastern European.

Apparently white is a club only reserved to the very elite and skin color isn't the only requirement. A nations historical achievements (Conquests, colonies, empires, etc.) and financial prosperity also are part of the equation. A very exclusive club.

I thought I could pass, since I'm 1/4 German, but the one drop rule doesn't work here. :/

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.
I'll have to have a talk with that member of the rejection committee.
He handled that poorly...

Screenshot_20230707_110518_Google.jpg

I guess another would be people telling me that I would "grow out" of not wanting kids. I've been hearing it for 15 years now. It's especially dumb when someone younger than me tells me that.

I knew a girl in college that tried to tell me that “Global warming will cause all the icebergs in the ocean to melt, then cause the oceans to rise thus flood the coastal states.”

I argued the point that melting ice will not “add” more water to the Oceans, to which she kept getting angrier and angrier.

I told her to go home and put ice cubes in a glass, fill the glass with water, then wait on the ice to melt, and see if the glass overfills.

We barely spoke after that.

Too much to list, but I do know this from the people that say the dumbest things.
5f7c756b633a07f36dff97f7e34ed311b76fe58881ab6460627cf9cfac631034_1.jpg

Sometimes I am absolutely astounded by the ignorance of people.

I told one my friends about the time I saw fresh water dolphins in the Mekong river in Cambodia, and she responds that I didn't. Dolphins don't live in rivers she says. When I told her I saw them with my own eyes and took videos of them, she said that they must've caught them from the ocean and put them in the river for tourists. This statement was so dumb I didn't know how to respond. That she said this with so much confidence and certainty in her voice is what bewildered me. I just told her to look up freshwater dolphin species.

I met a girl who worked at Yosemite National Park and she said she would sometimes get tourists asking her to "turn on the waterfall."

I also met people who complain about beaches being too small not realizing they were there at high tide.

What's the dumbest thing you heard people say?

That it's illegal to marry your cousin. I had this discussion last night........

the earth is too hot

Sometimes I am absolutely astounded by the ignorance of people.

I told one my friends about the time I saw fresh water dolphins in the Mekong river in Cambodia, and she responds that I didn't. Dolphins don't live in rivers she says. When I told her I saw them with my own eyes and took videos of them, she said that they must've caught them from the ocean and put them in the river for tourists. This statement was so dumb I didn't know how to respond. That she said this with so much confidence and certainty in her voice is what bewildered me. I just told her to look up freshwater dolphin species.

I met a girl who worked at Yosemite National Park and she said she would sometimes get tourists asking her to "turn on the waterfall."

I also met people who complain about beaches being too small not realizing they were there at high tide.

What's the dumbest thing you heard people say?
Some guy just posted that he didn't believe me... What a dummy. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back