Media Dustin Fires Back At Islam "I've Done MORE For MMA Than He Has, Ready For Him UFC 302" - UPDATE: Islam Brutally Responds

islam_1_titles_doostin_0_titles
doostins opinion rejected

There are a bunch of titles that need defending. They can afford to wait a couple months to book Islam.
Not only that, i believe neither Justin, Oliviera, Max or Arman are getting out of that fight completely unscathed outside of a flash KO.

I dont get why some are acting like Poirier is like some layup. The guy has the best resume at LW and is unquestionably a top 5 LW All-time. This is a great fight. Yeah, Islam would be a sizeable favorite but who would he not be against?

And I just dont see the winners at UFC 300 making the quick turnaround. Gaethje and Oliveira definitely ain't. Maybe Tsarukyan but I don't see him winning.

He's no lay up -- just not the most interesting of challengers, and when islam fights like once every ten months, fans want to see the best match ups possible when he fights. Dustin truly has done a lot in MMA, so I don't hate giving him one last shot if that's all that's available.

Last edited:
I dont get why some are acting like Poirier is like some layup. The guy has the best resume at LW and is unquestionably a top 5 LW All-time. This is a great fight. Yeah, Islam would be a sizeable favorite but who would he not be against?

And I just dont see the winners at UFC 300 making the quick turnaround. Gaethje and Oliveira definitely ain't. Maybe Tsarukyan but I don't see him winning.

because he didn't earn it, got dominated by a similar fighter as Islam in Khabib and is getting old.

Poirier isn't as qualified as Gaethje, Oliveira, or Tsarukyan, but with Gaethje fighting Max (stupid matchup) and Oliveira fighting Tsarukyan (awesome matchup but it takes the two best contenders off the table), that leaves Poirier as the most qualified available guy

So it's not great matchmaking, but given that all the other stuff is set in stone, then this is an okay decision

It's his retirement fight. I don't know if you should give it to him or not. Islam is also slowly aging out. He might leave soon and people are going to complain he fought nobody etc etc.
Islam is still only 32, he has at least 3 prime yrs left. I think he retires in roughly 2 years. We'll probably see 5 more fights from him.

Is everyone still against this fight?
I can't be the only one okay with giving Dustin one final crack at the belt.

i mean yes on paper? his mcnuggets fights sold tickets at historic rates. but islam is the better fight by a mile.but, i don't think its the worst idea making a match between him and islam since the rest of the division is booked

Poirier isn't as qualified as Gaethje, Oliveira, or Tsarukyan, but with Gaethje fighting Max (stupid matchup) and Oliveira fighting Tsarukyan (awesome matchup but it takes the two best contenders off the table), that leaves Poirier as the most qualified available guy

So it's not great matchmaking, but given that all the other stuff is set in stone, then this is an okay decision

I actually think it's pretty solid match making on the UFC's behalf with all these fights. Dustin/BSD was a great match up, Dustin won so we get a legit elite LW as a title contender. If BSD won, you get a fresh contender.

You got the same case wtih Olivera/Arman and Gaethje/Max. Either a proven elite LW or a new one as a contender.

Anyway, after these fights happen, you got three solid contenders vs Islam. I don't think we need more than that, otherwise it will take forever to see them fight.

Islam is still only 32, he has at least 3 prime yrs left. I think he retires in roughly 2 years. We'll probably see 5 more fights from him.
I think he is moving up or checking out when Russian Usman becomes a contender.

It’s all speculative from my part. I am assuming Bellator is folding and a lot of the champions are going to the UFC.

He's no lay up -- just not the most interesting of challengers, and when islam fights like once every ten months, fans want to see the best match ups possible when he fights. Dustin truly has done a lot in MMA, so I don't hate giving him one last shot if that's all that's available.
I wanted Gaethje for Islam so I get all that but seeing how he's booked up this is the best matchup available so why not just run it? What I don't understand is people getting so upset at this matchup you get the impression they would rather see Islam sit out till October. JUST LET HIM BANG BRO!

I wanted Gaethje for Islam so I get all that but seeing how he's booked up this is the best matchup available so why not just run it? What I don't understand is people getting so upset at this matchup you get the impression they would rather see Islam sit out till October. JUST LET HIM BANG BRO!

I don't know. Like I said, if it's all that's available, then I'm fine with it. I'm guessing other fans feel like, if they've already waited this long, then why not just wait a couple months later and have the winner of Charles/arman or gaethe fight Islam in august? but that interferes with islam's stupid annual abu dhabi fight. I think just the rigid nature of Islam's schedule frustrates fans. I am one of those fans lol, but still, I'll take a dustin fight if that's how it has to be.

Dustin is my favorite LW and even i think its fucking ridiculous for him to get a shot over Gaethje or Oliviera who have both beat him fairly recently.

Him vs. Gamrot in a five rounder makes a lot of sense and with a win there he would be back to a title shot.

If I was in charge, one final Crack would be granted. Dustin is the man

Go away and get RNC'd or headkicked again. Win more than one fight in a row against appropriate competition for the first time in almost 5 years and then ask for another title shot.

He aint lying when they go back we ain't watching khabib Islam or Jon jones fights will watch wanderlei CroCop porier etc

Back