Dustin Poirier - "I never finished 9th grade" Is Dustin a proper role model?

Sherdog seems to be obsessed with a certain guy who was on welfare while paying for fight training.

School isn't for everyone. If some kid wants to drop out of school and try to become a mixed martial artist more power to them lmao.

I agree that Khabib isn't a great role model, however he doesn't have to be.

Dustin NEVER finished the 9th grade, yet he received the key to the city. Is that inspirational or is it sending the wrong message to kids?

You don't have to go to school, you can get punched in the face and make it in life. Is this really who people of Lafayette should look up to?

On the other hand, a degree doesn't guarantee success. Carwin had a degree in mechenical engineering and still gassed.
giphy.gif

This guy came from zero to the top of the heap. We really don't know what he was dealing with, but at 16 you like to be around your friends, and I'd imagine most of his friends were in school. Probably wasn't his "lifes perfect, I'll do this" decision. He deserves the respect he's given, he's earned it.

Lol what’s with all the Dustin hate circle jerk threads going on today?

People shouldn’t look to cage fighters as role models anyways

I am sure there are quite a few professional athletes in the big three sports (football, basketball, and baseball) can't read or write. And they passed high school.

no he isn't. I could be wrong, but if i'm right, I think he was once a dbag or something like that, people like that can never be anything close to a role model.

education don't matter tho
Doesn't or shouldn't*

Nice role model for guys that struggle in school. You can still do good in sports.

... or if you Are an aerobics instructor that swear And threaten people, you can get 6 ferraris.

I don’t know what these boys think a successful man should be.

I think they think that being a successful man is having proper grammar on an mma forum.

The guy living in his moms basement. Trying to push the bullshit tag line that Floyd can’t read.

Yeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhh. Keep hating weirdos. It’s going to get you far in life.

In any other decade these fancy lads would be beaten to death making the country more successful in the future years.

Now these guys are cutting there cocks off and competing in ladies track and field.

Complaining about successful men while being a failed man and trying to be accepted as a strong beautiful woman.

No. You should have been publicly bricked to death. (Not stoned).
To make the world a better place.
In my opinion.
giphy.gif

Dustin Grandpappy was President of the People Republic of Louisiana Backcountry and here was his State of the Union:

Dustin Grandpappy was President of the People Republic of Louisiana Backcountry and here was his State of the Union:

Oh shit! I remember watching his cooking show as a kid in the 80s

“Ohhh I guranteee!!”

I do that when I’m cooking and my wife has no idea I’m copying this man, verbatim.

Oh shit! I remember watching his cooking show as a kid in the 80s

“Ohhh I guranteee!!”

I do that when I’m cooking and my wife has no idea I’m copying this man, verbatim
And I annoy the shit out of her. .

Edit*. I forgot to mention what a legend he is. And i learned something from your post.
That’s awesome. I’m going to listen while I cook up a proper country lunch for my Boys.

Great role model. I could be the ufc champion of the world if I dropped out of high school. If only Dustin would’ve been doing this a decade ago I wouldn’t have so much damn student loans debt

because he is a bully.

the Artem confrontation, the beef with diaz bros. paying the homeless to do push ups.
and the jumping out of the cage attacking people after he won a belt.
holding up the division by getting suspended is not role model behavior.
telling women to stay at home and finish their husbands, hanging out with that kadrov guy?
the guy is out of control. I could go on.

Most fighters are bullies.

Some of them have stories of being bullied, and that’s why they started training....but they are full of shit.

There are a few exceptions, but mostly, the good fighters are bullies.

Back