Dustin v Islam is fake news and sherdog fell for it

Oh really?
Lol, when did I write that? Soon to me is a few weeks? I don't think I meant that week. Btw, I can't remember yesterday so I wasn't lying. I figured I didn't say shit. 😂

The podcast was just released yesterday where Dustin said what he said btw.

This why guys rank squat. Guys at lw catching heat for years for not fighting below them. Dustin finally does and now that’s being held against him. No wonder they sit around only fight other top ranked guys

i respect he took the fight against bsd, but he shouldn't be leaping over justin or charles for winning that fight. Although I can't fault him for playing the game into a title shot, but it is bs.

Dustin had to take that fight because he was in the worst position out of the top 5.

I agree Poirier shouldn't get a title shot but get the fuck out of here with that talk. Before the fight Saint-Denis was favoured to win and Poirier rightly propped for taking a risky fight with all risk, no reward, and now it was a plan? Did he also plan to get ragdolled for 7 minutes? I fucking can't.

yes it was part of the plan. why he took the fight when he did. he knew there was a good chance to paralay into a title shot because the other guys are fighting and islam is a diva with his schedule.

yes it was part of the plan. why he took the fight when he did. he knew there was a good chance to paralay into a title shot because the other guys are fighting and islam is a diva with his schedule.
Dustin vs BSD was announced at the same time as Charles vs Arman, and 11 days before Justin vs Max. They were all free when Dustin decided to instead fight #12 BSD.

That said, yes it definitely was part of his plan though as there were plenty of other people he could've fought without fighting that far down the rankings. He knew he needed to stay active and get a win, but didn't bother taking Gamrot, Beneil, Fiziev, or Jalin who were ahead of BSD that he hasn't fought.

It also was totally calculated that only AFTER all those matchups were announced and he found out he got the shit deal compared to them he decided to pull his stunt about fake pulling out of his fight and putting the event in jeopardy.

I already said it's his if the winners this weekend don't take it. If someone this weekend somehow gets a first round KO, takes zero damage and is willing to turn around for June of course they'd get the shot over Poirier, I never said otherwise.
Well, none of the lightweight fighters got a first round KO. Do you still believe Poirier is going to fight for the title?

Well, none of the lightweight fighters got a first round KO. Do you still believe Poirier is going to fight for the title?

Entirely possible, let's see what Uncle Dana has to say in the next few weeks ;)

Entirely possible, let's see what Uncle Dana has to say in the next few weeks ;)

dumb-and-dumber-lloyd.gif

What happened to that fight announcement you said was coming bud? Islam just wants to fight, he doesn't care about Poirier. Poirier wishcasting is meaningless, he doesn't make the fights. He realizes he probably is never going to get a title fight again so he's shooting his shot on social media.
Guess what?
<28>

Not a fantasy anymore, also in the great city of New Jersey in Abu Dhabi.
Now it’s a real match up, but still can’t get excited for that. It is what it is.

I hope Arman is not getting the Belal treatment, as he seems not to be a crowd favorite.

This past weekend Dustin Poirier made a Facebook post saying Islam is next. Virtually the entire forum took it as gospel that the fight had been scheduled. I was one of the few to push back on it. There was no announcement from the UFC, there was no statement from Islam, no official news about this at all. This was merely Dustin putting the idea into the ether and hoping it would happen. And it led to multiple days of everyone debating a fake matchup.

Meanwhile Dustin just did a podcast interview admitting he hasn't heard anything from the UFC

Dustin's social media posts are not to be trusted or taken as news. Let's recall that the last social media post he made that blew up was him claiming he wasn't fighting Benoit Saint-Denis.
UMMMM Whats that you say????

Now it’s a real match up, but still can’t get excited for that. It is what it is.

I hope Arman is not getting the Belal treatment, as he seems not to be a crowd favorite.
i think it was more of the fact who he was fighting.. Charles is a crowd favorite wherever he may be fighting.. Arman is an excellent fighter... that guillotine was in so tight... i dont know how he survived that..

This past weekend Dustin Poirier made a Facebook post saying Islam is next. Virtually the entire forum took it as gospel that the fight had been scheduled. I was one of the few to push back on it. There was no announcement from the UFC, there was no statement from Islam, no official news about this at all. This was merely Dustin putting the idea into the ether and hoping it would happen. And it led to multiple days of everyone debating a fake matchup.

Meanwhile Dustin just did a podcast interview admitting he hasn't heard anything from the UFC

Dustin's social media posts are not to be trusted or taken as news. Let's recall that the last social media post he made that blew up was him claiming he wasn't fighting Benoit Saint-Denis.

Well i guess you spoke too soon

Back