Dustin Poirier's 3rd title shot is even more undeserved and stupid than Colby's 3rd.

Maybe if you understood the term "deserve" is a childhood fantasy concept that doesn't exist in real life it might make more sense.

Neither is/was deserving but beating Benoit is a better win than old man Masvidal. Not to mention Poirier actually fights somewhat frequently and doesn’t avoid everyone relevant in his division. On top of that Dustin is actually an entertaining fighter whereas Colby is a boring decision machine who lacks nearly all finishing ability.
Pretty much this

Colby's undeserved titleshot is of no relevance to Poirier's obviously undeserved titleshot.

They both have that "Dana White privilege"

With Poirier it's just about timing. They threw money at the two top lightweight contenders to save 300 and then Islam comes out and wants to fight immediately afterwards. That's the only reason he's getting a title shot. But with Colby they actively pushed him into the title shot while ignoring the other contenders in the division. It should have been Belal.

Idk. At least Dustin keeps a regular fight schedule. Colby's last shot was more undeserved than Joe Soto's that time.

Can odds for Dustin go high enough for him to be a major underdog?

He is heard sitting around at +375. Can it go up to somewhere around +800 during fight week?

With odds like that, someone is bound to win big.

He fought BSD, a dangerous prospect coming with great wins, and manage to beat him. I think that attitude have to be compensated. I think he deserves the tittle shot.

Not saying he is the guy who deserves the most, but he deserves and got the right timing.

Colby avoided a lot of fights, after the first Usman fight, he beat Woodley coming from 2 losses, then got another title shot, lost. Then beat Masvidal coming from 2 losses. Ok, Jorge fought Kamaru twice, but these guys aren't fighting anyone outside of their circle. No one upcoming prospect, why not fighting Gilbert, Bellal, even Vicente back them, or Neil. Isn't that obvious what is happening? Colby is not fighting dangerous upcoming guys coming from wins. I don't think anyone should be awarded a tittle shot with that attitude.

But he's such a crybaby...

Imagine if Poirier knocks out Islam..

With Poirier it's just about timing. They threw money at the two top lightweight contenders to save 300 and then Islam comes out and wants to fight immediately afterwards. That's the only reason he's getting a title shot. But with Colby they actively pushed him into the title shot while ignoring the other contenders in the division. It should have been Belal.
That doesn't change anything I said. He doesn't deserve a titleshot. Timing is not relevant to him deserving a shot

Somewhat agree with OP... buuuut still...

1. First TS - both deserves their TS, no doubt about it. Poirier lost badly to Khabib, it was a domination. While Colby was 2-2 vs Usman until the TKO.

2. Second TS. Poirier beat Hooker, who wasn't at the top, and twice an unranked semi-retired fighter: Conor. While Colby only beat Woodley. Like it or not, the first Colby vs Usman fight was competitive and entertaining. I would say the second one could have been deserved by both of them.

3. Third. Utterly bullshit. Totally undeserved for both of them. Colby beat Masvidal, who was on a losing streak. And after being inactive. While fighters on winning streaks still are waiting for a chance. And Poirier beat Chandler, who has a bad record in UFC, got KTFO by Gaethje, and, like it or not, he beat BSD because the staph infection. He was badly losing that fight.

Also, what is even stupid is that their are giving Poirier another chance vs Islam, who is just like Khabib, very good on the ground. After Poirier has been submitted twice in his TS.

I don't know what is worse. Still, I go with Colby because at least Poirier was active.

Islam is afraid to fight a full prepared Arman so he takes this fight and then he can wait for 6 month
Arman will have no choice than to fight someone else

People are definitely disagreeing with the matchup.

Outside of having 2 spirited performances against Usman (of which he clearly lost both....) Colby did more outside of the cage to earn his shots than Dustin did inside of it

I definitely don't like how it played out, with Justin beating Dustin and then getting KOed himself, but considering Dustin has 2 wins over Holloway who beat the supposed #1 contender Gaethje, Poirier very clearly deserves the "undeserved shot" than Colby did

I thought it was idiotic to give Poirer the TS just a week or so before we would have gotten far more legitimate contenders - Oliveira with a win or Gaethje with a win. Oliveira is back to choking in big fights, and Gaethje just got utterly dominated in a fight I thought he’d easily win. As of right now, I think it’s fine giving DP the TS even if beating a prospect means basically nothing, but LW did get a bit messed up with two very good contenders losing.

Dusted P = finishes
Cody Coldsore = decisions
{<Scared}

Honestly. This isn't a sport.

Dustin fought a young hungry guy and destroyed him.

He did not sit around like an entitled brat waiting for his Ts.
Fighting #13 a month before all the other contenders fought each other and then openly campaigning to leapfrog them to take Islam's arbitarily set date of June 1, that Islam knows only you can take over the actual contenders,

Is the definition of sitting around like an entitled brat waiting for his TS. Except you additionally never even earned one in the first place.

Islam's openly going around in every interview saying the Dustin fight is complete joke for him and will be the easiest fight of his career,

Like everybody else is expecting too as we all know it's a horrible matchup,

And stans are still sitting around trying to pretend it's a legitimate fight when not even Islam's doing that.

This place never ceases to amaze me for how pathetic some of y'all will debase yourselves too.

But no one is saying anything because Dustin is a fan favorite
Literally everybody say he does not deserve it.

He is just keeping Islam active since Arman did not wanted the short notice, Max is fighting Topuria and Justin got KTFOed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AkDaddy42018
Back