Greater fighter, Dustin or Conor?

Career wise it's probably Dustin. At their best I would pick Connor at 145. Connor before he went into boxing did amazing things in title fights.

I guess the simple answer is to compare them in the distinct divisions where they both fought. Conor is the better featherweight and Dustin is the better lightweight.

Then we have three fights between these two to make up our minds, and the record stands at 2-1 in favor of Poirier.

Conor was given better opportunities and capitalized on it. His highs are higher. Dustin is the better fighter with a resume.

Conor’s biggest PPV fights

1, vs Mayweather ….Loss
2. Vs Khabib…………Loss
3. vs Porier ………….Loss

Who chokes ?

He did bigger numbers in Nate 2 than Poirier, he won his third biggest, don’t lie for your narrative.

Conor had better highs and Dustin had much lower lows.

Dustin lost to zombie and Johnson, both times getting finished.

Conor lost to Nate and then avenged it.

He did bigger numbers in Nate 2 than Poirier, he won his third biggest, don’t lie for your narrative.

Hey you are right and I was wrong.

I just looked it up quick and apparently got a bogus list from the top ten big earners.

The Diaz 2 fight had about a 50k more buys than the Porier fight.

Not lying.. Just wrong :)

just because dustin is a fan favorite and nice guy people voted for him

prime hungry conor would whopp that as
theres a reason conor is 2 weight division champ
and dustin is not

same as jon jones who always loses in polls because people hate him

I have to see how Conor does against Diaz in their trilogy and then his boxing match against Jake Paul before I make any decisions.

Conor is better at everything except longitivity, which is, frankly speaking, due to the fact that he got outragepusly rich!

Conor after 2016 was not Conor.

Conor was a champion twice, Dustin wasn't. Makes it pretty difficult to argue in Dustin's favor.
He became 155 champ beating Eddie Alvarez, Dustin beat him too. Just because the belt was on the line in one fight and not the other, doesn't somehow make that win better. Saying 'Conor was a champion' is the same as saying 'Conor beat Eddie Alvarez', cool so what

When Conor beat dustin KZ had also beat him not that long ago. KZ > Dustin > Conor

Dustin is by far the better fighter in the cage. Dude has earned everything that came to him. There was no ducking or special treatment on his rise to the top.

Conor by far the better business man outside of the cage. He has that "it" factor and gets people to care. No doubt a very good fighter. But lets not sit here and pretend that his rise up in the UFC was very calculated for the most part.

Also money is what made Conor a double champ, with out UFC's aid he might not have gotten passed Aldo.

Dustin is by far the better fighter overall

Conor touching the belt/belts gives him the only edge and it’s the only thing Dustin is trying to achieve so there’s that

Dustin actually routinely fought contenders. Conor probably has the more impressive 'performances' but a weaker resume. Kind of a toss up depending on what you value more I guess. If you're talking just skill wise, Dustin is probably more well rounded and a 'better' fighter.

Conor had better highs and Dustin had much lower lows.

Dustin lost to zombie and Johnson, both times getting finished.

Conor lost to Nate and then avenged it.

Conor has gotten finished by a flyweight and choked out by Joe Duffy who Dustin smashed. Conor def has lower lows too.

The worst fighter by far Dustin lost to was Danny Castillo a solid LW who almost only lost to killers and contenders and took prime Jim, Tony and Edson to split and majority decisions and better than Duffy and for sure better than Sitenkov.

Back