Poirier's Egregious Title Shot

Dustin just got knocked the fuck out by Justin the fight before last and all he’s done since then is beat some guy nobody has ever heard of

If Gathje loses to Max, this will be a moot discussion. All things being equal, I don’t think Poirier deserves a TS more than Justin, but considering that Justin is booked, Poirier is a great next choice.

As for Max vs Poirier 2; It wasn’t a total blowout, but Poirier won soundly. Max only took one round. Max landed some good shots, but it was clear that he just doesn’t have the power to seriously hurt anyone at LW. I don’t remember anyone thinking Max won. In fact, this fight was used as the shining example of why Max shouldn’t fight at LW.
I thought Dustin won vs Max, but many thought Max pulled it out. Either way, it shows the fight was close as fuck. I don't think that will be the case with Max vs Justin. I think Justin gets the finish.

But either way, Charles/Arman should be next for the title shot. Dustin nor Justin should be anywhere close to a title shot. Fuck all this cherry picking and avoiding the real contenders.

eh, I think Dustin gets the shot if the winner of both the big LW fights at 300 gets too damaged then in that case I would be ok with it, Islam needs to defend his belt soon

St Denis tried to stand with Dustin and didn't like what he was getting. Transitioned to grappling but Dustin's grappling is good enough to manage most lightweights. Dustin gave him a shot now it's time for the UFC to give Dustin a shot.

They’re both 2-1 in their last three. DP with wins over Chandler and BSD. JG with wins over Fiz and DP. They both have a strong case with the edge to JG for beating DP. Obviously. But that win over BSD puts DP right back in the discussion imo. I still think JG should have gotten a TS next, but to say that DP getting it is egregious is just fucking retarded. He’s the next best choice. It’s not like JG got passed over. He chose to take the Max fight, which was dumb imo. If Justin loses, he definitely won’t get a shot before the Arman/Olives winner.

Fair enough sir.
Can't argue with that.

Everybody including Dustin himself knew his time was up before a #13 ranked fighter stupidly decided to stand in the pocket and trade with him. I like Dustin but he does not deserve to be fighting for the title after beating Saint Denis. This is more title defense cherrypicking from managers & fighters and too easy of a defense for Islam. The rightful recipient is Charles Oliveira. If not him, make a fight with Leon or at the very least Justin Gaethje. There's no way Poirier leapfrogs these guys.

Concur.

Sherdog: I hate rank squatting

Also Sherdog: Beating a lower ranked fighter doesn't mean shit

That's not really the point, even if it's what's localized. Poirier was knocked out by Gaethje 1 fight ago and absolutely dropped and strangled by Charles what, 2 or 3 fights ago? Just wild to think off a singular win and having lost multiple times in recent years, he'd get a THIRD title shot and skip the line over guys who RECENTLT beat him. Crazy.

I don’t mind. He will fight Islam, Islam will win by RNC like Dustin’s 2 other TS

Everybody including Dustin himself knew his time was up before a #13 ranked fighter stupidly decided to stand in the pocket and trade with him. I like Dustin but he does not deserve to be fighting for the title after beating Saint Denis. This is more title defense cherrypicking from managers & fighters and too easy of a defense for Islam. The rightful recipient is Charles Oliveira. If not him, make a fight with Leon or at the very least Justin Gaethje. There's no way Poirier leapfrogs these guys.

Charles doesn't want to fight this guy

It's bullshit and Dustin's awful wrestling and idiotic guillotine passion makes this a non-fight for someone like Islam. It's not competitive at all.

I do not agree with your assessment of the situation.

Im good with it, Islam needs to fight Justin as well, regardless of whether its deserved , just to give his number 1 status credibility to the haters.
Oliveira can wait in line. He cant be bitching about title shots then calling out fucking McGregor of all people.

Poirier by guillotine

Dustin doesn't deserve it but he is the only available now. Olives and Justin have a fight coming up.

Except if Justin just knocked Dustin the fuck out pretty handily just before Dustin's win over BSD. And many think Max won the fight vs Dustin, either way it was close.
Nah dude you’re drunk. No one in their right mind thinks Max beat Dustin

Nah dude you’re drunk. No one in their right mind thinks Max beat Dustin
I thought Dustin won but saw many on here and others mention that Max could have won. Again it was close and not a 1 sided beat down, like it was when Justin knocked Dustin the fuck out.

Back