Why doesn't Dana want Jones vs. Pereira?

Pereira is a draw for them and an active fighter. Letting Jones kill him off would hurt his stock.

Stipe on the other hand is not a draw and basically retired already, if he loses to Jones its not a big deal.

Also as much as they've been screwing over Aspinall, they have to acknowledge that he is the future of the division and Jones is on the way out. I think there's a limit to how long they will let Jones duck the top contenders in his division.

He has a much better chance of getting embarrassed than he does of winning IMO.
Maybe but sometimes you have to take a risk. The Stipe fight is going to answer a lot of questions but Jon turns 37 in July, so that means he's probably be pushing 38 by the time the Alex fight got made. Most fighters eventually lose if they stick around too long and despite finishing Gane in 2 minutes we haven't seen him but those 2 minutes in the past 51 months at HW. He didn't even immediately shoot on Gane, it was a little after the one minute mark. UFC would benefit heavily if Goatan went out there and sent Jon out on a stretcher. Could be wishful thinking but I'd love to see it haha.

There currently is no HW that can put massive number of American ass in seat than Jones, Stipe and maybe Black Beast. That’s it. Aspinall simply isn’t superstar material. Sherdog wants to see him beat Jones so bad they ignore once Jones is gone HW will be in far worse shoes in star power and ultimately attention

Jones has fucked the HW division..

Sherdog wants to see him beat Jones so bad they ignore once Jones is gone HW will be in far worse shoes in star power and ultimately attention
No, I say no to that. Jon Jones' last good fight that he can claim to have won was DC 1, and that was almost 10 years ago. It's time to say goodbye to Jon Jones and let the future happen.

Dana wants Jones/Stipé because it's good business.

This fight will sell 750,000+ PPVs

It will have at least 2nd highest gate of the year.

If Jon wins, the two other fights are still in play and would be huge.

If Jon fights one of the other two, it eliminates the other fight.

Dana wants Jones/Stipé because it's good business.

This fight will sell 750,000+ PPVs

It will have at least 2nd highest gate of the year.

If Jon wins, the two other fights are still in play and would be huge.

If Jon fights one of the other two, it eliminates the other fight.
Nah Sherbro Jon is destroying the division. Dana has no interest in this.

No, I say no to that. Jon Jones' last good fight that he can claim to have won was DC 1, and that was almost 10 years ago. It's time to say goodbye to Jon Jones and let the future happen.
It’s not about what big fight he can make. You are thinking your enjoyment. What part of Jones fighting or not at the top of a division is better for CASUAL attention than fucking Aspinall. When Jones is gone you may not understand it but it’ll be a HUGE deal. It’s deeper than booking a fight. The general public doesn’t give a flying fuck about he isn’t fighting Aspinall. Your mind wont allow you to understand Aspinall has no potential to sell out shows in the US and nobody in the US knows him outside of diehards. Him beating Jones wouldn’t be the “now he’s popular and drawing big” moment you think it would be.You haven’t fathomed the public perception portion of how it will affect the UFC with the greatest ever off the roster or not at the top. You only understand things from a diehard perspective and it limits you seeing the picture as to why it’s happening. I’m not saying I agree but pretending I don’t understand is stupid

Jones isn’t a fighter you make a long term
Plan for lol …..One fight at a time and he’s still gotta stay out of trouble until November

It’s not about what big fight he can make. You are thinking your enjoyment. What part of Jones fighting or not at the top of a division is better for CASUAL attention than fucking Aspinall. When Jones is gone you may not understand it but it’ll be a HUGE deal. It’s deeper than booking a fight. The general public doesn’t give a flying fuck about he isn’t fighting Aspinall. Your mind wont allow you to understand Aspinall has no potential to sell out shows in the US and nobody in the US knows him outside of diehards. Him beating Jones wouldn’t be the “now he’s popular and drawing big” moment you think it would be.You haven’t fathomed the public perception portion of how it will affect the UFC with the greatest ever off the roster or not at the top. You only understand things from a diehard perspective and it limits you seeing the picture as to why it’s happening. I’m not saying I agree but pretending I don’t understand is stupid
That's fine but I guess casuals also don't know that he has 1 crappy fight in the HW division, yet if he leaves it will never be the same and we'll all be sorry?

Because Jones is protected by UFC and a cherry picker who cheats

Imagine thinking picking stipe for a fight is cherry picking lol...

Man people have really fallen asleep..like dead ass asleep on Stipe lol...

No Hespetch...

Does everybody think Alex has no chance at all? What if he wins? UFC has a mega star who fights like 3 times a year
jones said this a long time ago
everybody has a chance

but hes gonna make that chance slimmer

Cause they know it would be a non competitive fight and Poatan is actually a decent draw.. They dont want to kill the Alex hype. They'll keep feeding Pereira strikers

Are there people seriously thinking Pereira will be able to defend TD's from Jones? The guy got taken down and controlled by Fucking Izzy lol

Because Alex has almost no chance against Jones. Why would he want to hurt the marketability of a fighter who's under contract just to bolster a fighter that's about to retire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peyman
Back