Media Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Training MMA For UFC Movie and He Looks..

The Rock is going to need a great director and editing to capture Kerr's speed.

Even if Rock gets the mannerisms and techniques looking like Kerr's, which I think he can, he's too slow to capture prime Kerr's wrestling.

Seems like he was really trying to focus and learn from the guy instructing him, I can respect that

It could be age, muscle or just obviously cause he's never trained before, but he just looks so stiff when throwing strikes arms or legs. lol

All three, but mostly age. The man is 52, and has spent years taking bumps on a daily basis.

Definitely still skeptical about The Rock playing Kerr, but will 100% be watching with Benny Safdie being at the helm of this project.

I agree, The Rock is a talented guy but I'm not so sure I would consider his acting particularly in a serious dramatic role as being one of his greatest. At the same time he has been pushing for a very long time to make this movie and bring Mark's story to the masses, so I am very excited that it finally seems to be happening.

Given how much this apparently means to him and how long he has been thinking and working for this, I have to believe he will not release it until he gives it proper justice.

Are they gonna have Bas Rutten play Bas Rutten?

far too much muscle really i'd say, plus he doesn't have a history of punching / striking.
Yeah this really puts into perspective that the dudes with big muscles get away with subpar actual fighting skills.

Haven’t seen anything as cringey since droopy eye Stuart Scott did a 17 strike combo in the crowd.

How is my jab better than a guy who made 100s of millions over decades as a fight actor?

How hard can it be for the rock to look juiced, hit a blast double, and pretend to gn’p someone? I think it’s going to look fine, especially with editing, lighting, angles, etc.

Last edited:
When you use words like cap, and post 2300 times a year on average on an internet forum, I give you zero percent chance

I post on Sherdog on average about 5 times a day. I used to write for combat sports outlets, I enjoy the sport, settle down with the lame disses dweeb. Cap was said ironically, again, settle down with your sweet self. The Rock would get crushed. He's old, stiff and can't throw a punch. Ez, zero diff.

This movie is going to be awful. The Rocks acting skills beyond childrens movies are non existent because of his ego. He'll ruin this just like he ruined black Adam.

It could be age, muscle or just obviously cause he's never trained before, but he just looks so stiff when throwing strikes arms or legs. lol
Dude is 52 years old, never did MMA and is a pretty big guy himself. If anything I think he looked great.

But IDK how they expect to put an 52 acting like someone in his 20s... CGI maybe?

Back