DWTNCS 1: Flores v Jacoby

Anyone know why the Jordan Leavitt vs Jose Flores odds were removed from 5dimes? Is the fight cancelled?

It might be back up now, I had a bet on Flores and it was cancelled, but then the line was back up just now. My book had him listed as Luke Flores, Luke is his nickname, not sure if 5dimes had it the same

Jacoby +110 $250

J. Flores +185 $750

Gonzales +139 $800

Wanted muuuuch more on Jacoby but didn't want to smash the line at $250 limits, oh well.

Were you randomly online to get the line on BOL? Ive found usually within 10 minutes usually less the line will be gone. So even with alerts from BOL and email notifications its hard to catch, especially if you´re sleeping.

Do you have any alert system or how are you able to consistently get such insane lines? I´ve seen people who get early lines and good lines, but you consistently get the best. If limits and bans weren´t an issue, you might be able make even more, as I´m sure many people would pay you to bet for them since you get early lines.

It might be back up now, I had a bet on Flores and it was cancelled, but then the line was back up just now. My book had him listed as Luke Flores, Luke is his nickname, not sure if 5dimes had it the same
I just checked. It's 9:47 Eastern time & it's still missing from 5dimes.

Last edited:
Has anybody found any of Cross's losses or any Damonte Robinson fight other than Devonte Smith?

Were you randomly online to get the line on BOL? Ive found usually within 10 minutes usually less the line will be gone. So even with alerts from BOL and email notifications its hard to catch, especially if you´re sleeping.

Do you have any alert system or how are you able to consistently get such insane lines? I´ve seen people who get early lines and good lines, but you consistently get the best. If limits and bans weren´t an issue, you might be able make even more, as I´m sure many people would pay you to bet for them since you get early lines.

Without getting into details, I had a program created, and I still missed the +240

Has anybody found any of Cross's losses or any Damonte Robinson fight other than Devonte Smith?
Not exactly a loss but I thought Cross's Jonas Flok fight was a bad look if ya haven't seen it. He was getting taken down and controlled pretty easily on the ground. I haven't gotten around to taping Devonte but Cross's TDD has me worried to play him as a big favorite.

Not exactly a loss but I thought Cross's Jonas Flok fight was a bad look if ya haven't seen it. He was getting taken down and controlled pretty easily on the ground. I haven't gotten around to taping Devonte but Cross's TDD has me worried to play him as a big favorite.

Well the good news is that you won't need to play him as a big favorite because Robinson pulled out and the fight was canceled.

Guessing we get Cross added to another card in the near future with a different opponent.

Ty Flores +215 $20 for $43.

I have seen zero tape. I just know it's a wrestler vs. striker matchup.

I was interested in the totals, but I don't see them on 5dimes, even though BFO shows them.

I have fairly seriously taped Jacoby-Flores and Medic-Gonzalez, so I might as well share my conclusions for a change.

Jacoby is easily the best fighter on this entire card and even a guy who can have some success in the UFC, whether at 185 or 205. His kickboxing skills are legitimately good, and his takedown defense is solid.

Flores is an absolute mess. He has shown shockingly little improvement from 2015 to 2019 except for his wrestling improving from dreadful/non-existent to merely mediocre. Weak chin, awful defense, awful technique on his punches. He fights at a breakneck pace, is a tough guy, and has okay cardio, but that has its limits, even against his level of opposition.

He flat-out lost to Bochnovic (the crowd and announcers were very, very heavily partisan in his favor, so the bad decision doesn't shock me), and was saved by the bell after being mercilessly dominated, beaten, and having a RNC sunk in against him versus Jordan Dowdy. He should be 6-3 and is lucky not to be 5-4.

I've learned to respect the unpredictability of the Contender Series, so I'm passing on -270 for Jacoby, but this is almost as much of a "lock" as there can be on this show.

Next up I taped Mikey Gonzalez versus Uros Medic.

Mikey Gonzalez is from nearby San Jose, and he looks EXACTLY like what you would expect from a fighter from east side San Jose; surly-looking Mexican covered in tattoos, including on his neck.

However, he fights NOTHING like what you would expect from a fighter from east side San Jose. He is a taekwondo stylist who has a very bladed side stance and throws a variety of exotic kicks, including a bunch of axe kicks and hook kicks. He is very, very patient and calm in his approach.

He isn't bad, and I appreciate his originality and creativity, but alas, that isn't what I want to see for an opponent of Medic.

Medic simply can't wrestle worth a lick. I almost can't believe a fighter can have takedown defense this bad nowadays and be 5-0, but the Alaskan MMA scene is only slightly better than picking crackheads, full-time janitors, and random fans out of the crowd to get into the cage and fight. It's not like he is good at getting up either, and him subbing guys off his back with sloppy triangles isn't going to work against a BJJ brown belt who competes in grappling tournaments like Mikey.

Trouble is, Mikey has no apparent interest in wrestling himself and prefers to stand, where Medic is certainly competent, if not impressive, and could easily win a decision.

To Medic's credit, his takedown defense has gone from completely non-existent to merely very poor in the 14 months years between his 3rd and 5th fights, so maybe it's improved to merely poor or very mediocre now, another 14 months later?

Anyways, with the lack of observable wrestling skills for Mikey and uncertainty there, I'm passing on both sides of this line and would advise others to do the same.

Mikey Gonzalez is from nearby San Jose, and he looks EXACTLY like what you would expect from a fighter from east side San Jose; surly-looking Mexican covered in tattoos, including on his neck.

However, he fights NOTHING like what you would expect from a fighter from east side San Jose. He is a taekwondo stylist who has a very bladed side stance and throws a variety of exotic kicks, including a bunch of axe kicks and hook kicks. He is very, very patient and calm in his approach.
I work in east side San Jose. It's not as ghetto as it used to be, but there are still some ghetto people.

The high cost of living has forced a lot of the ghetto people to move to other cities outside of the South Bay (thankfully).

Edit: I just looked, and Mikey Gonzalez is 37-years-old, so him looking the way he does and being from ESSJ makes sense. Most younger Mexicans around here don't look like him anymore (thankfully).

Ty Flores +215 $20 for $43.

I have seen zero tape. I just know it's a wrestler vs. striker matchup.

I was interested in the totals, but I don't see them on 5dimes, even though BFO shows them.
All random bets with zero research. #degenlife

• Ty Flores +215 $20 for $43
• Jacoby/Flores O1.5 -105 $42 for $40
• Mikey Gonzalez +122 $20 for $24.40
• Gonzalez/Medic U1.5, Rivera/Rodriguez U1.5, Flores/Leavitt U1.5 $5 for $42.41

general-view-of-the-octagon-prior-to-dana-whites-contender-series-4-picture-id1263952627

Loving all the completely degenerate plays. In honor of degen Tuesday’s I have 70 bucks on Martinez at +140

I work in east side San Jose. It's not as ghetto as it used to be, but there are still some ghetto people.

The high cost of living has forced a lot of the ghetto people to move to other cities outside of the South Bay (thankfully).

Edit: I just looked, and Mikey Gonzalez is 37-years-old, so him looking the way he does and being from ESSJ makes sense. Most younger Mexicans around here don't look like him anymore (thankfully).

My fiancee, who is Mexican, was born, grew up, and lived most of her life in East San Jose and was only too happy to leave, heh. She would often lament that a street or neighborhood that was much nicer in her youth had become dirty, grimy, and covered with graffiti now. And yeah, I'm 33 and she is 37, so we're from the same generation as Mikey. (Although, according to Tapology, the taekwondo master is only 34)

Anywho, I have 1u on Gonzalez-Medic GTD at +215.

Not bad, considering it's already down to +140.

Won 5k in two days on tier 400 counterstrike the last couple days soooo

Degen no tape parlay that I placed before I saw @Sadistics post and now instantly regret but I drank a lot so whatever

$200.00 $1,509.83 Pending 5 Team Parlay
Pending
8/4/2020 8:00:01 PM UFC Fighting 3001 Dustin Jacoby -265* vs Ty Flores
Pending
8/4/2020 8:00:01 PM UFC Fighting 3301 Jerome Rivera -245* vs Luis Rodríguez
Pending
8/4/2020 8:00:01 PM UFC Fighting 3402 Jordan Leavitt -130* vs Jose Flores
Pending
8/8/2020 11:00:01 PM UFC Fighting 1001 Alexey Oleinik/Derrick Lewis Under 2½ -245*
Pending
8/8/2020 10:30:01 PM UFC Fighting 1102 Chris Weidman -130* vs Omari Akhmedov

Back