EA says that Mass Effect: Andromeda was deeply flawed, but still didn't get a fair shake.

You played it when it came out, all buggy and boring.

And you played it after all the updates were out.

In many ways the game was victim of EA execs, and apparently this has spread out across the industry, attitudes of 'Ok, its shit, but lets fix it later rather than delay it.'

And it shit the bed, to the point that they didn't even bother with developed the DLC that was initially announced.

I'm sure the game is good now, just like Dishonored 2, so its pretty tragic they released it in an unfinished state.

I should save a post with blank spaces to fill in the names of games, because this has happened to dozens and dozens of what eventually were awesome games.
Do you know what was added with the updates? Because I couldn’t tell. I don’t remember there being a lack of content when I first played it. I just remember being overwhelmed by all of the tasks and side missions. Kind of like Assassin’s Creed. But maybe I should go back and play that again too. I guess I just didn’t have the patience to parse all that out a few years ago. I just don’t know.

I played it early in the year. I enjoyed it for it was. The companions other than Krogan and Suvi were very meh, but other characters were interesting. Props for them for actually having a proper ending for once. The gameplay was good enough for me. If you lower your expectations enough, it's actually a pretty fun game imo.

Do you know what was added with the updates? Because I couldn’t tell. I don’t remember there being a lack of content when I first played it. I just remember being overwhelmed by all of the tasks and side missions. Kind of like Assassin’s Creed. But maybe I should go back and play that again too. I guess I just didn’t have the patience to parse all that out a few years ago. I just don’t know.

Just bug fixes and small things that made it play smoother, from what I hear.

Back