EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

Jesus, a lot more early KO's still - just knocked out a JDS in 50 seconds with Werdum. Seems like almost ever flush landed strike is a KO right now.

I guess I dont mean literally walk off, I mean fight ending strikes early - no chance to get up

Yeah if you get the follow up on a knockdown it is over now. I have been seeing a lot of walk off KOs early but it may be because I get a lot of sway and pray opponents so we both are landing all power counters.

I haven't had more early KOs personally, though I did get beaten by 1 shot counters a couple times, they were both my fault and happened late in the fight. 1 guy I absolutely destroyed for 2.5 rounds, but in his desperation he just started running and taunting and instead of coasting I took the bait and tried to head kick him during a taunt, and he ducked it and countered for a KO.

Another was a similar situation, minus the taunting. I was Barboza beating down a pettis badly. I wanted to finish with spin kick but I got too aggressive and he ducked under one and countered with a knee to the body for the only 1 shot body KO i've seen in the game lol.

Overall I like the patch so far. I am usually better at managing stamina than my opponent and that's even more important now than before.

It's really funny when you can tell your opponent used ALL the exploits to win before the patch lol. Guys who stay in your face but don't quite seem sure what to do, you know before they were mashing the sway stick fishing for counters. Now I just blast them with straights to the heads or body and circle away. These guys seem totally helpless if they have to actually lead the exchange without being given free massive counters. Then there are the grapplers who actually have to strike to set up their takedowns now instead of using the auto double leg.

I do think TDs need a small buff though. Too easy to stuff even if you have low stamina and miss a big strike.

Patch is awesome, got like 12 straight KOs last night just by baiting and countering with a big shot. This game made power punchers scary as they should be. Sam Alvey is a beast lol

I also liked the stamina drain a knockdown causes. I was Stipe and was strking on the outside and pretty much controlling a Daniel Cormier in a very close fight when he ducked and knocked me down. The stamina drain pretty much swayed the fight in his favour and I ended up losing.

Also, Gokhan Saki is freaking awesome.

I haven't seen a spike in kos yet, I do like that rocking someone is toned down and when it does happen they lose stamina finally.

This game gives absolutely no leverage towards grapplers in terms of score. And the stamina drain/vulnerability is way too extreme

Takedowns and ground control don't seem to count for anything. I lost a fight in which I had 8 minutes of ground control and tons of takedowns over a 15 minute fight because he landed more 'significant' strikes. I don't think strikes when you have top control are considered significant cause I was hammering him constantly.

Am i the only one that has trouble denying transitions on the ground since the update?

had a 5 round fight with Khabib vs Nate, round 5, i scored 14(!!!!) knockdowns with punches & legkicks, he blocked some of them. Round 5, 2 seconds left i wanted to do a highkick. Accidently lowkicked, he blocked. Im injured and lose on TKO<mma3>

Yea as someone who uses lower rates fighters who don’t have the best stamina, I’m just not feeling this patch at all.

Its just way different. I was decent on the ground but since the update im not very good, and I seem to get taken down much easier. For the stand up i try to control the distance and just 1/2 a lot, only go to the body to mix it up not for the damage it does. Can't brawl anymore imo

Takedowns and ground control don't seem to count for anything. I lost a fight in which I had 8 minutes of ground control and tons of takedowns over a 15 minute fight because he landed more 'significant' strikes. I don't think strikes when you have top control are considered significant cause I was hammering him constantly.

Well apparently the devs are using the new unified rules according to OS.

Like seriously, I could Outland someone while throwing less strike and being more effiecient but my stamina will be cooked compared to my opponent based on who we have

Most baffling part of the standup is the fact swaying a strike and making your opponent miss takes 10x more cardio from them than a body shot or stuffing a takedown. I've never once seen a guy miss, his opponent sway out of the way and the guy who missed is huffing for air Dada vs Kimbo style.

I don't think swaying out of the way of a strike should take chunks of your cardio health away that body shots and stuffing TD's don't. Swaying out of the way of 5 strikes shouldn't be equivalent of landing 12 body kicks or punches.

I just landed more sig strikes (by a couple), more total strikes by a bout 10-20, 5/5 takedowns and had 6 minutes of top control compared to 1 minute or so and they got the decision because of 1 knockdown lol

Last edited:
Literally the only thing that counts toward scoring is knockdowns i'm pretty sure.

Literally the only thing that counts toward scoring is knockdowns i'm pretty sure.

Yep. That is the only thing that really matters. Once you have a knockdown you can just kill the clock the rest of the round. If there are no knockdowns sub attempts get next followed by significant strikes landed.

Most baffling part of the standup is the fact swaying a strike and making your opponent miss takes 10x more cardio from them than a body shot or stuffing a takedown. I've never once seen a guy miss, his opponent sway out of the way and the guy who missed is huffing for air Dada vs Kimbo style.

I don't think swaying out of the way of a strike should take chunks of your cardio health away that body shots and stuffing TD's don't. Swaying out of the way of 5 strikes shouldn't be equivalent of landing 12 body kicks or punches.

I hate the sway, i read it and throw a hook and 80% of the time it does minimal damage and doesnt cancel their hook combo that rocks me. I wouldn't mind the head movement if the counters to it worked.

I usually know exactly what my opponent is doing. I also usually know how you are supposed to counter that strategy. I have solid stick skills, like I was #1 on the leaderboard in EA MMA and play in the madden pro tournaments. Plus I have a high fight IQ, I have been cornering fighters for 10+ years and have some experience in the cage. So I feel like I should be lighting people up but the sway seems like 50/50 chance I get rocked and when I dont they usually eat my counters like nothing and keep swaying right into them.

Also, how did you end up with double yellows? Is sherdog cracking down? I see a ton of double yellows lately.

The big thing for me bout this game is that I can't get on any good streaks. Ill win 5 in a row and literally lose the next 8 fights. Win 4 or 5 and lose 4 or 5 straight. I have yet to win 10 straight fights and I have about 550 ranked fights online. The ground game is identical to UFC2 and I had about 3000 fights on that game so you have to have good ground game. It just doesn't translate, yet everything is the same.

Another issue is if you try and arm trap but they dont end up throwing a punch then you fighter stays frozen like a deer in headlights and you get TKOd. What a weird concept lol.

I really wish you could knee the ribs from the opponent's turtle position. This move is a must add imo. A lot of guys just block when they are in this position, so a body attack from there would be nice.

I would tweak body shots a bit though, to inflict more damage and more stamina damage. Especially defending takedowns and cage work.

Head movement should feel more reactive instead of predictive. I should duck or sway in response to a strike, instead of guessing what they strike will be.

Back