Eblen and MW

BowserJr

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
This last fight left me unimpressed.

Before that I thought he was the best MW.

Impa is good but not great. What happened?

A. Eblen underestimated Impa
B. Impa improved big time since ufc
C. Eblen was never elite
D. Some combo of A, B, C

Impa has definitely improved since the UFC but Eblen just isn't a particularly good striker. He's got good power, but he lunges and leaves his head hanging when he throws and someone with speed like Impa was able to take advantage of that. Don't forget he had a close first round with Fabian Edwards too.

He does however have top class cardio and wrestling and the combination of those two means he's going to be able to grind guys out more often than not.

Impa has definitely improved since the UFC but Eblen just isn't a particularly good striker. He's got good power, but he lunges and leaves his head hanging when he throws and someone with speed like Impa was able to take advantage of that. Don't forget he had a close first round with Fabian Edwards too.

He does however have top class cardio and wrestling and the combination of those two means he's going to be able to grind guys out more often than not.

I could see someone like Izzy, Rob and maybe even ddp taking advantage of that.

His wrestling is good. I could see him beating Izzy if he doesn't get caught 1st.

He'd likely beat Sean with ease. Ddp, Vetorri and Rob would probably be his toughest fights. Maybe Costa too

I could see someone like Izzy, Rob and maybe even ddp taking advantage of that.

His wrestling is good. I could see him beating Izzy if he doesn't get caught 1st.

He'd likely beat Sean with ease. Ddp, Vetorri and Rob would probably be his toughest fights. Maybe Costa too

Izzy fucks him up imo. He's too elusive and generally moves off the cage, he'd counter him lunging at him like that all day.

I think he could win any belt on the right day against the right guy. I'm a day 1 Eblen fan, I think most of you all are aware. But I never conceptualized him as a Jon Jones type of fighter who could win any day any matchup. I think given the right matchup, or wakes up on the right side of the bed, he could win the belt.

I think Impa Kasanganay is no slouch though. In his last Middleweight fight he got a 1st round KO of Jared Gooden. That was before he won the PFL LHW championship.

Impa improved and Eblen didn't have the best day at the office.

That was the one fight that I was intrigued for on the PFL Bellator card and it was mostly because of Impa and I thought he won the fight by coming closer to finishing Eblen, on the other hand Eblen did get the td in the third but for me the strikes in the second were more
of a factor but still can't complain a close fight , there should be a rematch though.

After watching the ACA card I think Magomedrasul Gasanov is what people think Eblen is.

After watching the ACA card I think Magomedrasul Gasanov is what people think Eblen is.
I've been looking forward to talking to you since ACA 171.
What's your opinion of Gasanov v DDP?
And Omarov v Topuria?
I was blown away (once again) by Omarov. I think he's my favourite fighter outside of the UFC. He's unbelievable.

I've been looking forward to talking to you since ACA 171.
What's your opinion of Gasanov v DDP?
And Omarov v Topuria?
I was blown away (once again) by Omarov. I think he's my favourite fighter outside of the UFC. He's unbelievable.

I think Gasanov is a tough fight for anyone. He's in your face all fight, he sets a good pace and he's relentless with that wrestling. I think it'd be a great fight.

I like Omarov a lot but I think Ilia is tough, he'd be against a much better striker who's tough to take down.

I think Gasanov is a tough fight for anyone. He's in your face all fight, he sets a good pace and he's relentless with that wrestling. I think it'd be a great fight.

I like Omarov a lot but I think Ilia is tough, he'd be against a much better striker who's tough to take down.
I'd like to see Bibert Tumenov v Topuria... that would be fun.

Maybe top 5 guy but he chokes against the cream of the crop, as seems to be the case for some of the ACA champs that have made the jump so far.

Yeah, I tend to think Bibert is a bit of a poor man's Ilia though.

Still really good.
Omarov blew him out, but Bibert was semi-competitive against Khrizriev.
Definitely not as polished or accomplished as Ilia, but I like the style matchup.

Not a great look but he's still undefeated I guess.

Back