Television ECHO (Official Trailer, post #52; Premieres Jan. 10)

Trailer looked good and it looks like they are letting D’Onofrio cut loose again like he did in Daredevil.

He’s just such a fucking joy to watch play the role when they let him. His barely contained rage that is just simmering under the surface is sold so well. Same with his physical presence. He just fucking nails the fact that Fisk’s refinement and class is all a facade that is carefully crafted and molded but underneath is just complete, unadulterated rage.

Was the trailer supposed to go silent towards the end?

Seems pretty violent. Wasn't DD supposed to be in this show?

Fine, I'm leaving.

friends-joey.gif

It's too soon for Friends Gifs, bro.

<DCrying>

Trailer looked good and it looks like they are letting D’Onofrio cut loose again like he did in Daredevil.

He’s just such a fucking joy to watch play the role when they let him. His barely contained rage that is just simmering under the surface is sold so well. Same with his physical presence. He just fucking nails the fact that Fisk’s refinement and class is all a facade that is carefully crafted and molded but underneath is just complete, unadulterated rage.

This. You can't take your eyes off the guy, because you know he can explode at any time. Fisk is one of the very few Big Bads that Marvel got right, and that's down to D'Onforio's performance:cool:

Isn't Kingpin supposed to be a thoughtful strategist with little tolerance, not some short fuse whack job?

The two are not mutually exclusive. Fisk in the comics is incredibly intelligent and manipulative. But he's also capable of giving into his rage and bloodlust, even when it threatens everything he's so carefully built up.

Frank Miller's seminal Born Again is the perfect example. The Kingpin is so obsessed with breaking Matt Murdoch that he ends up destroying his own reputation. Until then, Fisk was regarded by the public as a highly respected and successful businessman. But his increasingly desperate attempts to kill Daredevil, including unleashing a psychotic Super-Soldier on Hell's Kitchen, causing multiple deaths and massive property damage, end up with his being revealed as the Kingpin of Crime.

By the end of Born Again, Fisk is under investigation by the Feds, while the public and the business community shun him as a murderous gangster. Even then, Fisk is still obsessed with hurting Matt. His last scene in the comic is working out while thinking about how he destroyed Matt's life as a lawyer.

"The Law. At least I took that from him. Murdoch". He thinks. And plans.

I'm not a big Marvel fan, but D'Onofrio playing Kingpin is just too good. Couldn't take my eyes off the screen every time he was on Daredevil with that hyper-violent rage and child like vulnerability, it was great. Daredevil is in my opinion the best show Marvel has put out even with the soap opera aspects.

I just watched the trailer again and holy shit, D'Onofrio looks fucking huge. He was always a big guy in the Netflix DD shows, but here he looks like he just spent six months at Westside:cool:

This Echo Kingpin looks significantly larger in the rear end and thighs dept than the Netflix Kingpin. Looks more like comic Kingpin.

Hopefully what we saw in the trailer is not the majority of what we get in the series.

Call me skeptical...

I have a feeling 75% of the episodes are going to be about Mexican cultural practices and cameos from go go dancer MCU Namor.

This Echo Kingpin looks significantly larger in the rear end and thighs dept than the Netflix Kingpin. Looks more like comic Kingpin.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. Like I said, D'Onofrio looks as though he spent six months training at Westside Barbell to prep for his role:)

Last edited:
This looks very promising, like many I hated what Disney did with Kingpin in Hawkeye. However this looks like someone’s finally paying attention to what made the Netflix Kingpin popular in the first place. It gives me hope for Daredevil too. I still don’t trust Disney as they seem to mess everything up these days but we’ll see.

I read all episodes will drop a day earlier and on HULU as well.

They collaborated a lot with the Choctaw nation on it.
See if link works this time

Last edited:
Back