News Ecplise 2024

Yea, I can remember where I was when I saw my one 25 years ago and who with . Nowadays I don't remember what I was doing 25 minutes ago and who with.
I'm still sore.

I’ll check it out using my piece of welding glass, but here in Alberta it will only cover the bottom right quarter of the sun, so nothing too spectacular. I really want to see a total eclipse one day, where the sky darkens and you can see the sun’s corona behind the moon. That would sure be something to behold and is definitely on my bucket list.

I see vids with people claiming something "big" is going to happen that day or after they don't what it is but will "big" so anything that does happen it's "I told you so" without any proof what so ever.
Yeah I have several family members that get sucked into all these "prophets" that make predictions for the future.

They're either vague about the event or vague about the date. Either way, they get to interpret things later to make it look like they were right.

Or what the smarter ones do is read up on all these events that are likely to happen anyway, and are predicted by academic experts, and they just predict those things.

They're all complete con artists that give Christianity a bad name.

The 8th is the start of the 3 day church of Satan feast. Also the demon comet is stopping by to say hello, NASA is shooting rockets at the eclipse, and CERN will be doing an experiment. All we need is for planets X to pop up and start the end.

Are you the gatekeeper?! LOL

Happens to be my kids birthday too...is Thrawn Jr the Beast?

There is a rooftop bar by me having an Eclipse event. Music, BBQ, Glasses.....I love my town.

How dangerous is it to look right at it through my Oakleys?

A lot of schools in ONT, Canada because of it. I don't remember school ever being cancelled for this..

My wife and I got emails from our kids’ school today that recess after lunch will be canceled on Monday because of the eclipse (which here in Alberta is supposed to be at its peak at 12:46pm). They don’t want children outside staring at the sun apparently. Fucking ridiculous, just don’t mention it and the kids won’t look since it’s not a total eclipse the sky’s won’t darken and no one will even know it’s happening without looking using special protective glasses.

Talk about overreacting.

I’ll check it out using my piece of welding glass, but here in Alberta it will only cover the bottom right quarter of the sun, so nothing too spectacular. I really want to see a total eclipse one day, where the sky darkens and you can see the sun’s corona behind the moon. That would sure be something to behold and is definitely on my bucket list.
So take a drive.

Can't be more than a few hours if you are where it covers a decent chunk.

The last one a few years ago I saw it and it was partial and I really wish I would have just taken the drive. I think it would have been about 7 hours, presumably plus traffic.

Next one is not for 20 years I think. And I my memory is correct it is even further away from you, hitting south east US, like south Carolina area, iirc.

i am expecting to get stuck in a ton of traffic this time, and where I'm going is 6.5hrs normally. Planning on doing the red eye while my daughter sleeps in the back seat.

My wife and I got emails from our kids’ school today that recess after lunch will be canceled on Monday because of the eclipse (which here in Alberta is supposed to be at its peak at 12:46pm). They don’t want children outside staring at the sun apparently. Fucking ridiculous, just don’t mention it and the kids won’t look since it’s not a total eclipse the sky’s won’t darken and no one will even know it’s happening without looking using special protective glasses.

Talk about overreacting.
Attn parents:

A spectacular stellar phenomenon is occurring which is a wonderful learning opportunity which can spark your child's interest and understanding of the complex nature of our amazing solar system.

Many people go their entire lives without ever witnessing the celestial event which will take place right above our very heads and offer the chance to share an experience humans have marveled at for tens of thousands of years.

We will make sure your child doesn't observe it.

- Skool

Last edited:
Attn parents:

A spectacular stellar phenomenon is occurring which is a wonderful learning opportunity which can spark your child's interest and understanding of the complex nature of our amazing solar system.

Many people go their entire lives without ever witnessing the celestial event which will take place right above our very heads and offer the chance to share an experience humans have marveled at for tens of thousands of years.

We will make sure your child doesn't observe it.

- Skool
Dad could just take his kid out of school for the day to see the solar eclipse. Seeing one is more educational/inspirational than whatever bullshit they teach in school these days anyway

Dad could just take his kid out of school for the day to see the solar eclipse. Seeing one is more educational/inspirational than whatever bullshit they teach in school these days anyway
That's what I'm doing.

I homeschooled my kids during the covid bullshit and they are so far ahead I could give a flying fuck about a day of school.

Talk about overreacting.
My wife teaches 3rd grade here in Oklahoma and was told something similar. I guess she's planning to adjust their schedule to get the kids outside that morning.

I'll be on the road for a work trip, I probably won't even get to see anything . . . .

Back