Eddie Hall breaks the UFC punching machine record

It makes sense he hits harder though Idk if twice as hard would be accurate.

Punching power mostly stems from your ability to transfer your weight to your punches, and Eddie Hall weighs over 300 pounds, with correct technique it's not impossible for him to hit harder than Francis.
His technique was terrible and he didn't even look like he tried. It's clearly fake.

I've recently watched Eddie Hall in a couple of climbing videos on youtube, with Magnus Midtbø, and he seems like a cool guy. And a decent athlete for his size.

It makes sense he hits harder though Idk if twice as hard would be accurate.

Punching power mostly stems from your ability to transfer your weight to your punches, and Eddie Hall weighs over 300 pounds, with correct technique it's not impossible for him to hit harder than Francis.

there's more to it than that. if it was just about weight transfer HW boxing would be like sumo wrestling and guys would be gaining tons of weight just to drop that 1 hitter on guys. it also doesn't explain why a guy like Deontay Wilder is this generation's biggest puncher at HW when he's one of the lightest HWs in the division.

I've recently watched Eddie Hall in a couple of climbing videos on youtube, with Magnus Midtbø, and he seems like a cool guy. And a decent athlete for his size.

decent athlete for his size? he deadlifted 1100lbs and was the world's strongest man at one point...

there's more to it than that. if it was just about weight transfer HW boxing would be like sumo wrestling and guys would be gaining tons of weight just to drop that 1 hitter on guys. it also doesn't explain why a guy like Deontay Wilder is this generation's biggest puncher at HW when he's one of the lightest HWs in the division.

It makes sense that someone as heavy and strong as Eddie would be able to punch really hard when having all the time in the world to set up the punch. I suspect if you're in an actual fight you don't have as much time, which is why being 300 pounds isn't really practical when boxing.

I watched him fight. Not even amateur level. Total beginner.

Anyobody else don't like the guy next to him. Looks evil and sneaky.

Eddie is a nice guy. But he ain't doing nothing at this point fihhting wise. No talent.

It makes sense that someone as heavy and strong as Eddie would be able to punch really hard when having all the time in the world to set up the punch. I suspect if you're in an actual fight you don't have as much time, which is why being 300 pounds isn't really practical when boxing.

not really, because Joe Pyfer and Pereira also hit harder than Ngannou according to that machine and they're both much smaller than Ngannou, why didn't Ngannou extra 40-70lbs matter then? i can't believe people are really putting faith in a fuckin machine that has no standards or legitimacy to it, when your EYES can clearly see who hits the hardest. Eddie Hall doesn't hit harder than Ngannou, i don't care what any machine says. look at how effortless Ngannou punches this thing and the SOUND it makes. Butterbean was 400lbs and boxing, but he doesn't hit harder than Deontay Wilder who is literally half his weight.

That machine is just a UFC propaganda machine. No way Eddie Hall punches almost twice as hard as Ngannou.

I would definitely take getting punched once by Eddie Hall then twice by Ngannou. That would be living death territory

Also this Soviet science experiment only managed 1850.

56106291-8181-46af-969e-989d9503b2e2_text.gif
Theiry nakes sense.
Why are they promoting Eddie then?

not really, because Joe Pyfer and Pereira also hit harder than Ngannou according to that machine and they're both much smaller than Ngannou, why didn't Ngannou extra 40-70lbs matter then? i can't believe people are really putting faith in a fuckin machine that has no standards or legitimacy to it, when your EYES can clearly see who hits the hardest. Eddie Hall doesn't hit harder than Ngannou, i don't care what any machine says. look at how effortless Ngannou punches this thing and the SOUND it makes. Butterbean was 400lbs and boxing, but he doesn't hit harder than Deontay Wilder who is literally half his weight.

I don't have the slightest clue as to how these machines work, but I would guess that there's a sort of "perfect angle" that you could utilize when connecting with the machine, that would make the measured force of your punch maximized.

If Ngannou (or whomever) hits you on the chin with an uppercut full force, you're going down. Doesn't necessarily mean that this particular punch would be registered on the machine as being among the heaviest of punches.

Guys 400 lbs and lift weights for a living. What did you expect to happen when he throws all of his muscle and weight into a stationary object?
Side note I wonder how fucked up his hand/wrist is since he's pretty clearly whining about it after.

This is retarded punching hard on a machine is cool but only hugely impressive if you have a professional record of using punches in fights

That machine is just a UFC propaganda machine. No way Eddie Hall punches almost twice as hard as Ngannou.

I would definitely take getting punched once by Eddie Hall then twice by Ngannou. That would be living death territory

Also this Soviet science experiment only managed 1850.

56106291-8181-46af-969e-989d9503b2e2_text.gif
Well Drago's scientists used "pounds" as their measurement, as opposed to their propaganda machine, which uses "mystery Franklin units"

He’d be sucking in so much air after thirty seconds. Blades or any other HW wrestling would take him down with ease, and any HW striker would finish him inside two minutes.

He makes some good content, and is ridiculously strong, but let’s not get carried away. We all saw Pudz fight.
How much does the dude weigh? Not sure he could even make the weight in the UFC. Pudz does OKAY although they are giving his opponents an uphill battle most of the time with him usually weighing 40lbs more. Hell he even fought a MW. You can see the power though. He sucks but if he lands people go out.

People arguing don't see the difference between the machines between Eddie & Francis? Lol. Eddie can push all his weight into that because it's attached to the wall while Francis is a mini speed bag'ish

MMA fans getting so insecure and upset over this trying to defend fighters against him. He hit a machine and got a high score so what? The guys entire sport is generating force and fighting gravity. He’s a gigantic dude. It’s like you’re getting mad over a NFL linebacker punching a machine harder than a well trained teenager “but but but the trainer guy this and that” settle down. Quit making leaps, he’s not saying he can beat fighters or anything.
This is not only in MMA, it's everywhere lmao
For example, typical armwrestling video where a noob muscular guy loses against a small competitive armwrestler: "See, huh, huh, muscles don't work...". They can't even think straight. Yeah, technique is king, but when everything else is equal the stronger guy wins. There is a reason for weight classes.

He’d be sucking in so much air after thirty seconds. Blades or any other HW wrestling would take him down with ease, and any HW striker would finish him inside two minutes.

He makes some good content, and is ridiculously strong, but let’s not get carried away. We all saw Pudz fight.

"Oh big deal so he's almost the strongest man in the world, but let me tell you how he would do against a mediocre fighter"

Never change, sherdog

All this tells me is that the punching stat was bullshit all along. Ngannou obviously packs more power than Eddie Hall. My question is how Ngannou became the first guy anyone talked about.

Back